McGregor claims to want Khabib...

Trying to save face and stay relevant. Sponsors probably already dropping him.
He knew he was going to have to step up or get stripped for like a year? Now he starts to cry.
Oh poor baby.

Conor also claims he is the champ champ. Sooo.... nothing he says can be taken as legit right now.

I wonder how many sherdoggers would hang themselves if Conor walked into Russia and pulled another Aldo and dusted Khabib in under a minute.

I don't like Conor much these days but I would probably laugh myself to death if that happened.

I wonder that too sometimes... I personally just want good fights. I don't care where they are, or who's in them. Or really the outcome. I just want good fights.

“You know what Conor told me? He told me he wants khabib in Russia. Isn’t he awesome”

<{danayeah}>

{<Mcgoat}

<31>

giphy-3.gif

Look through his instagram from the last few months. Almost exclusively grappling training when he's in the gym.

Conor will never fight Khabib or Tony, its not gonna happen. Conor is scared of losing, and he knows his aura, popularity and fans will become less and less and less with each loss.

Conor is 2-2 in his last 4 fights and 1 of the wins was dubious with Nate. He can't afford to go 2-3 or he will become a joke to his fan base. He is a joke from the start for me, but his fans still believe he is some unbeatable God. But they will dwindle away and suck on someone else if Conor keeps losing.

Conor will fight Nate 3 or Paulie boxing match, wouldn't surprise me if he goes after Edgar too, he likes them small and unintimidating.

Last edited:
Conor wants no part of Khabib. He isn't that stupid.

Yeah because Conor has a history of backing down from important fights and taking the easy road...

Remember when he stepped up to face RDA, a heavier opponent who many deemed to be a huge challenge stylistically. Of course RDA dropped out and was replaced with Nick Diaz who couldn't cut to make 155 so the fight would have to take place at 170. 2 weight classes above Conor's division. Surely Conor as you've portrayed him refuses? He isn't that stupid is he. Oh no... he embraces the fight and takes it with a hell of a lot to lose and very little to gain. He loses. He then comes back to avenge that loss. Then goes on to do what no fighter has done in the modern age by pasting the champ in the div above him and unifying two belts. He then goes on to challenge arguably the greatest boxer of all time to a fight under queensberry rules. But yeah despite the factual precedents which provide the clear evidence that your argument is devoid of any substance whatsoever... I guess you could be right? I guess Conor could be "scared" of Khabib. Or something? I guess?

So the source for that article was an 'unnamed insider' and the people who get the story are scrapdigest who appear to be a Conor fanboi site.

Who knows, it could be true but its more than likely bullshit.

What reason would Conor supporters have to fabricate such a claim? If it's untrue, surely it would only serve to discredit him when he fails to follow through on the claim.

Huge if true... but minimum wage for McGregor is at least 6 Mio,

Are you stupid? It's easily north of double 6million, when you're a certainty for 1million+ PPV buys you don't get paid in the 7 digits anymore, thats not how it works. Also this Khabib fight is a big deal from a marketing angle, I doubt McGregor takes it for a penny under 20 million (thats factoring in PPV percentages).

I see zero quotes from McGregor pertaining to wanting the Khabib fight in that article. Only "sources say". If McGregor reaily wants that fight then why isn't he actually saying it? Is he suddenly shy?

His Twitter is broke...

Last edited:
Conor will never fight Khabib or Tony, its not gonna happen. Conor is scared of losing, and he knows his aura, popularity and fans will become less and less and less which each loss.

Conor is 2-2 in his last 4 fights and 1 of the wins was dubious with Nate. He can't afford to go 2-3 or he will become a joke to his fan base. He is a joke from the start for me, but his fans still believe he is some unbeatable God. But they will dwindle away and suck on someone else if Conor keeps losing.

Conor will fight Nate 3 or Paulie boxing match, wouldn't surprise me if he goes after Edgar too, he likes them small and unintimidating.

I agree that it's highly likely Conor will never fight Khabib or Tony, but I don't subscribe to the idea that it's out of fear. I think it will be more along the Jon Jones mould... his off-screen antics will cause him to fall out of favor with major broadcasters and he will become a liability to the sponsors. Not that he ever needs to fight again with all the money he's made and a potential career in punditry (give it a couple of years, let the dust settle, he would be highly sought after as a commentator/presenter I am sure).

I think his popularity with fans would suffer in the short term, but in 20-30 years time we will be hailing him as a legend and key pioneer of the sport. Much like how people vehemently disliked Mike Tyson (or even earlier Jake Lamotta) in their haydays, but all their despicable violent behaviour is now blissfully ignored in favor of their contributions to the sport. And you have to admit Conor has brought the sport into the mainstream like no other athlete to date. Regardless of your opinion on the guy, that has to be admired.

Your assessment of his recent record is fair enough, but to say he was a joke from the start is just utterly ridiculous. Even for the most hardcore Conor haters, if you're a fan of the sport you have to recognize his achievements and appreciate the skill displayed (think Alvarez - you surely cannot watch that fight as an MMA fan and not admire the technical excellence on display??)

He likes them small and unintimidating? On what basis do you make that ridiculous statement?

Conor is scared of losing, and he knows his aura, popularity and fans will become less and less and less with each loss.
If there's anything that Conor has absolutely proven, it's that all of this quote is completely false.

Look through his instagram from the last few months. Almost exclusively grappling training when he's in the gym.
He also trained exclusively in boxing for months... how’d that turn out. Not a knock for trying, but realistically Conor training grappling for a year expecting positive results is like saying Khabib training striking for a year will give him a chance standing with Conor... anyone who has trained can attest to the fact the notion of levels is very very real..

What reason would Conor supporters have to fabricate such a claim? If it's untrue, surely it would only serve to discredit him when he fails to follow through on the claim.

Maybe because it's Fake Newz...
giphy-3.gif

I see zero quotes from McGregor pertaining to wanting the Khabib fight in that article. Only "sources say". If McGregor reaily wants that fight then why isn't he actually saying it? Is he suddenly shy?
No kidding... The Twitter King doesn’t need “sources say” to speak his intentions...

Back