Max Holloway vs Brian Ortega - Who Are You Rooting For

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Holloway. Ortega only has a lucky chance against him and nothing more. Holloway by TKO easily.

I actually do care (thanks for trying to pretend to measure what level of concern tho) which is why I think it's absurd that he's fighting again without any understanding of what happened last time. I guess everyone is just going to cross their fingers and hope it doesn't happen again? I don't know...

I just find it peculiar that Max went from the next big thing in the sport, to a guy who pulled out of 3 consecutive fights in less than a year. It's lame. Hard to get excited about him after all of that.

C'mon, man. You already made it clear that you don't like either fighter and you're giving Max undue grief for pulling out from a fight that he accepted on a week's notice and flew halfway across the world for. Just accept your hater role and embrace it. Fighters are allowed to get injured. Max last fought 10 months ago. You're acting like this dude has been on the sidelines for a couple of years pulling out of fights. Aldo damn near fought once a year for 6 years straight. Max is gonna be fighting within a year of last competing. Chill.

Honestly i say Ortega takes it.
If it hits the ground i dont think Max is getting up till the end of the round if he even makes it to the end.
Ortega has good enough hands to not get tko/ko i beleive.

damn bro i hope not

the only good thing that could come out of Ortega winning is Aldo vs Ortega and then Aldo retires champion

giphy.gif
<{jackyeah}>

I like both but pick max to win. 4 or 5th TKO or decision.

He seems fake as hell. On embedded when he was doing the whole "yeah I'm still poor and live in the hood and sleep on the floor even tho I'm a UFC fighter" lol gtfo
I don't think he is fake. The way he said he'd not jump the line and wait for Frankie to have his title shot seemed very sincere and classy.
Max also seem to be a great guy.
Hoping for a 5 round draw

Not a fan of B.O. or Hollotosis.May the best man win.

I don't think he is fake. The way he said he'd not jump the line and wait for Frankie to have his title shot seemed very sincere and classy.
Max also seem to be a great guy.
Hoping for a 5 round draw

wait when did he say he'd wait for frankie to get his shot?

i'm more concerned whether Max makes it to the cage or not.

Either he cut too much weight too many times without proper rest or he went into his last fight week with a concussion.
Either way it's not looking good.

If the fight does happen, I'm not anticipating a good performance from Max based on his health recently.
Hopefully i'm wrong, but {<shrug}

and how do you see it going?
Rooting for Holloway. Ortega is a cheater.

If Holloway isn't compromised, I see him winning, but the rumor mill says the reason that Holloway was slurring his words and getting pulled was due to getting knocked out in training and being concussed, so I can't imagine that he'll come into this fight at 100%.

Quite neutral. Maybe slightly lean to Max. He has done a great job since being beat by Conor.

Ortega is probably favourite for me. Think he will get a sub win.

I'm feeling ortega but then I'm not confident max shows up, and I'm less confident ortega beats Moicano a 2nd time.

C'mon, man. You already made it clear that you don't like either fighter and you're giving Max undue grief for pulling out from a fight that he accepted on a week's notice and flew halfway across the world for. Just accept your hater role and embrace it. Fighters are allowed to get injured. Max last fought 10 months ago. You're acting like this dude has been on the sidelines for a couple of years pulling out of fights. Aldo damn near fought once a year for 6 years straight. Max is gonna be fighting within a year of last competing. Chill.
I don't much care for Ortega.

I like Max, I just think it was lame as shit to take a fight on short notice in the weight class above and not be able to make weight.

"This is how legends are made".

I think he's 100% responsible for what happened in that Khabib fight and he's not some victim as you make him out to be. He took a fight knowing he was out of shape and that the cut would be immense, and it all fell apart and that's his problem. I'm not going to mouth his nuts because "he took a fight on short notice". It didn't happen. Anyone can take a fight on short notice and then pull out.

Doesn't matter how many years or months it's been. He pulled out of 3 consecutive fights. Legit have no idea what to expect from him now, or if he can even make 145.

Bisping talking about Holloway and the rumor of Holloway getting knocked out in training; timestamped.

I don't much care for Ortega.

I like Max, I just think it was lame as shit to take a fight on short notice in the weight class above and not be able to make weight.

"This is how legends are made".

I think he's 100% responsible for what happened in that Khabib fight and he's not some victim as you make him out to be. He took a fight knowing he was out of shape and that the cut would be immense, and it all fell apart and that's his problem. I'm not going to mouth his nuts because "he took a fight on short notice". It didn't happen. Anyone can take a fight on short notice and then pull out.

Doesn't matter how many years or months it's been. He pulled out of 3 consecutive fights. Legit have no idea what to expect from him now, or if he can even make 145.

I gave him bonus points for accepting a short-notice fight with a steep weight cut on top of it. If you doubt that Max had every intention of stepping into the cage with Khabib and making that weight then jump off a cliff. Dude had one of the steepest roads to a title shot and then beat the shit out of Aldo back-to-back in quick succession. He has the longest winning streak in the entire UFC. I doubt you're a fan of the guy but if what you say is true then you're among the worst and most fickle of fans. Hating on a guy for having health issues. Jesus.

Bisping talking about Holloway and the rumor of Holloway getting knocked out in training; timestamped.

how would he get KO'd during fight week? were they still sparring hard??

Back