Max Holloway vs Brian Ortega - Who Are You Rooting For

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
how would he get KO'd during fight week? were they still sparring hard??
Those crazy Hawaiians love to scrap.

Apparently Griffin got knocked out in camp for the Silva fight, which might explain why he popped for Xanax.

I like both. Torn. One of dem fights where I will be happy and sad a bit at the same time.

I like both. Just hoping for an exciting fight.

Kinda cheer for both i guess

Really looking forward to going to this.

Max. Though I'm concerned about him. This fight will reveal if whatever is happening with him is at least under control or a more long term problem.

I like Max's tenacity and heart. But I have a feeling he won't be fighting for too long or at the least, regularly. Ortega is boss though. So I wouldn't feel bad if he won. Smart money on Max, but we've seen Ortega beat people who is more technically sound than he is on the feet. Also, Ortega's hands are heavy and get more dangerous because he throws with reckless abandon since he doesn't worry about being taken down. At the same time though, Max is a striker, he will be looking to strike. Ortega might get exploited on the feet. But boy, does Ortega throw hard and he has good timing. We'll see. He's smart, so Max playing the mind games might not be the best idea.

Hating on a guy for having health issues.

They're his own doing. I'm not sure why you keep insinuating he's some kind of victim of his own mismanaged weight cuts.

Max got to the top then let it all fall apart. He got greedy and careless. Why shouldn't I hold that against him. These things are avoidable through proper management of one's career and training and diet.

Quit telling me how I feel, Tito.

I dont root for PED cheats, so Im going for Max in this one.

They're his own doing. I'm not sure why you keep insinuating he's some kind of victim of his own mismanaged weight cuts.

Max got to the top then let it all fall apart. He got greedy and careless. Why shouldn't I hold that against him. These things are avoidable through proper management of one's career and training and diet.

Quit telling me how I feel, Tito.

I'm not telling you how you feel. I'm telling you what you are: a shameless hater pretending to be a fan of the guy. Max Holloway is the last guy on the roster to hate on for his health issues. Stop acting like you have some inside information about what has been going on with his camp and how bad his weight cut really is when he's in shape. The Edgar fight falling through had nothing to do with a weight cut and his fight with Ortega falling through having to do with the weight cut is just speculation. Out of shape fighters are routinely well over their fight weight so the short-notice Khabib fight doesn't mean much either. The fact that he has consistently demonstrated an endless gas tank and made weight at 145 literally more than any other fighter on the roster suggests to me that fighting at featherweight is just something haters cling to.

Don't "treat him like a victim." Just give him his due respect. Next to perhaps TJ Dillashaw, he's the most worthy champ on the entire roster. Buzzed through half the top 10 in his division and handily defeated the GOAT twice.

I’m hoping Max beats his ass.

I don’t hold it against Ortega for testing positive for PEDs, they are all on them, but I think it’s stupid that he tried to downplay it and compared it to hydroxycut.

I love how Holloway fights and i for some reason think Ortega is lame. Someting about his smile. He’s hiding something behind his fucking eyes. And the way he talks, as he’s trying to sound like a poet or something. Dad bod as well.

Aldo is my all time favourite and it still hurts seeing what Holloway did to him twice so I’m rooting for Ortega!

Aldo is my all time favourite and it still hurts seeing what Holloway did to him twice so I’m rooting for Ortega!

cmon bro aldo is awesome but dont hate on max for getting the wins

After these gems always will root for Ortega

and how do you see it going?

i think Ortega is 14-0 and a lot of people are high on him at the moment but personally im rooting for Holloway

Ortega was a PED user and i cant respect that especially when the excuse was weight cutting related

holloway is like 25 or 26 and i think after he defends his belt he could fight the korean zombie or frankie edgar in early 2019 i think that'd be neat

i think that we will see holloway at 155 in late 2019 or early 2020 and he has a bright future

who do u guys think will win??? i know a lot of people think that ortega is going to come from behind and submit max but i think max might be too good

maxresdefault.jpg
Rooting for blessed

I like them both but Ortega finished my boy Frankie which was insane, plus not a shred of arrogance afterwards so it's hard not to cheer for that guy.

yeah i get that vibe too. he used PEDs and it seems like hes trying to win the fans back over

damn bro have fun 231 is a good card
I really want to like Ortega, but something wont let me. One part is definitely the PED thing. I hate that he acts like he had no idea, then goes on to try to explain it using all the wrong terms, etc. Like he was playing ignorant. It seemed like he was trying to distance himself from any culpability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back