Max Holloway vs Brian Ortega - Who Are You Rooting For

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
and how do you see it going?

i think Ortega is 14-0 and a lot of people are high on him at the moment but personally im rooting for Holloway

Ortega was a PED user and i cant respect that especially when the excuse was weight cutting related

holloway is like 25 or 26 and i think after he defends his belt he could fight the korean zombie or frankie edgar in early 2019 i think that'd be neat

i think that we will see holloway at 155 in late 2019 or early 2020 and he has a bright future

who do u guys think will win??? i know a lot of people think that ortega is going to come from behind and submit max but i think max might be too good

maxresdefault.jpg
Alcohol is bigger problem then steroids. Ortega should win because Khabib win and it is time for that fighting style to be the best

He missed weight in the weight division above his. Did the world end for you after he accepted the fight? Something heroic turned into a clown show.

Fuck 'em both. Don't care about either of these guys. The most notable thing about this fight is Max returning after going full retard from his weight cut and nobody is talking about.

Max has pulled out of his last 3 or 4 fights. Hard to believe he'll even show up.

damn bro tighten up and calm down

"fuck em both" <6>

Wanting Holloway to win, I think he outstrikes Ortega every round for either a late stoppage or decision win.

He missed weight in the weight division above his. Did the world end for you after he accepted the fight? Something heroic turned into a clown show.

Fuck 'em both. Don't care about either of these guys. The most notable thing about this fight is Max returning after going full retard from his weight cut and nobody is talking about.

Max has pulled out of his last 3 or 4 fights. Hard to believe he'll even show up.

The guy has never missed weight at featherweight in over 15 UFC fights. Being out of shape and accepting a fight on a week's notice matters. It's not like we're talking welterweight and middleweight or middleweight and light-heavyweight. Lightweight and featherweight are separated by a measly 10 pounds.

Stop being such an irrational hater.

I'd like to see Max win but I don't think he will, it should be a good fight though.
Ortega seems huge at 145 so I'm not sure that either of them will stay there (win or lose) for too much longer before heading to 155.

I'd like to see Max win but I don't think he will, it should be a good fight though.
Ortega seems huge at 145 so I'm not sure that either of them will stay there (win or lose) for too much longer before heading to 155.

how do u see Ortega winning

holloway is on a 12 fight win streak currently but i think some momentum has been lost from those pullouts

i'm rooting for ortega because it's inherently better to have an undefeated champion.

The guy has never missed weight at featherweight in over 15 UFC fights. Being out of shape and accepting a fight on a week's notice matters. It's not like we're talking welterweight and middleweight or middleweight and light-heavyweight. Lightweight and featherweight are separated by a measly 10 pounds.

Stop being such an irrational hater.
Except that time his fight was cancelled because he clearly had something wrong with his brain, presumably from his radically extreme weight cut.

Can't miss weight if you're rushed to the hospital.

I'm not rooting for either; I just look forward to a good fight.
I don't see Ortega having the wherewithal to beat Holloway but I also had that thought about some of his previous opponents, so now I am agnostic.

Always rooting for the blessed cause the best is blessed and blessed is the best. It is what it is. Hawai, baby!

Can't not root for my boy Max the Gangster Holloway. But not going to bet money on this, Ortega jits skills straight up dangerous.

Rooting for Max to get the win but Ortega is a big strong kid with decent striking and probably the most dangerous Jitz in the game right now.

Rooting for max but worried the weight cut can change things in the fight.

Except that time his fight was cancelled because he clearly had something wrong with his brain, presumably from his radically extreme weight cut.

Can't miss weight if you're rushed to the hospital.

You're such a transparent hater that it's frankly pathetic. We have no idea what was wrong with him last time and whether it had anything to do with his weight cut. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. When was the last time a fighter was pulled from a fight for having "water poisoning" or "concussion-like symptoms" because of their weight cut? Literally never. There is no diagnosis.

Hopefully, the guy is healthy. Pretty sure you don't give a fuck though.

You're such a transparent hater that it's frankly pathetic. We have no idea what was wrong with him last time and whether it had anything to do with his weight cut. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. When was the last time a fighter was pulled from a fight for having "water poisoning" or "concussion-like symptoms" because of their weight cut? Literally never. There is no diagnosis.

Hopefully, the guy is healthy. Pretty sure you don't give a fuck though.
I actually do care (thanks for trying to pretend to measure what level of concern tho) which is why I think it's absurd that he's fighting again without any understanding of what happened last time. I guess everyone is just going to cross their fingers and hope it doesn't happen again? I don't know...

I just find it peculiar that Max went from the next big thing in the sport, to a guy who pulled out of 3 consecutive fights in less than a year. It's lame. Hard to get excited about him after all of that.

definitely ortega. I'm tired of max not showing up for fights. I was at the last three events that he no-showed

I really like both guys, they both really represent martial arts well.

May the best man win.

Rooting for Max but I have a feeling Ortega takes it.

Ortega gives me a Jon Jones vibe, seems like the nice guy thing is an act.

Max couldn’t make 155 vs Khabib in a week. The last cut for the Ortega fight nearly killed him. He’s never making 145 again

so who do u think wins

Honestly i say Ortega takes it.
If it hits the ground i dont think Max is getting up till the end of the round if he even makes it to the end.
Ortega has good enough hands to not get tko/ko i beleive.

Back