Matt Hughes involved in car accident with a train, airlifted to hospital

True he is on life support? Serious. Guy here at mma camp that has a ufc fighter here said he is on life support.

Any other sources?

Whatever type of person he is or what he has done outside the cage I don't give a fuck and you shouldn't either this is a mma forum
It's what he has accomplished inside the cage that counts and as far as I know he has reached the pinnacle of this sport

What a shit thread so far.

I don't like the sound of this at all.

How does an accident like this happen? Either he was on drugs (alcohol included), extremely tired... or suicidal. Either way my thoughts are out to Matt and his family.
Happens every day. And has nothing do do with those things you listed.

Thoughts with Matt and his family. Hope it's all okay.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/...-legend-matt-hughes-injured-in-truck-accident

"UFC legend Matt Hughes was injured in a truck accident Friday, UFC president Dana White told ESPN.com.

White said Hughes was airlifted to a hospital after a truck he was in collided with a moving train in Illinois. White said he has spoken to Hughes’ family and they are heading to the medical facility where Hughes was taken.

"Apparently he has head trauma," White said. "His family is traveling to him now."

TMZ reported that law enforcement sources said one person was taken from the crash with serious injuries, and White confirmed Hughes was that person.

The UFC tweeted a graphic, signifying Hughes is in its thoughts Friday."

How does an accident like this happen? Either he was on drugs (alcohol included), extremely tired... or suicidal. Either way my thoughts are out to Matt and his family.
I'm hearing that he was 'helping a friend', and that he was in the car - makes even less sense.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/...-legend-matt-hughes-injured-in-truck-accident

Poor guy. I wasn't exactly on pins and needles hoping for his UFC return, but it definitely isn't happening now.

If the link doesn't work for anyone, here's what the article says:

UFC legend Matt Hughes was injured in a truck accident Friday, UFC president Dana White told ESPN.com.

White said Hughes was airlifted to a hospital after a truck he was in collided with a moving train in Illinois. White said he has spoken to Hughes’ family and they are heading to the medical facility where Hughes was taken.

"Apparently he has head trauma," White said. "His family is traveling to him now."

TMZ reported that law enforcement sources said one person was taken from the crash with serious injuries, and White confirmed Hughes was that person.

The UFC tweeted a graphic, signifying Hughes is in its thoughts Friday.

Dana White is a fucking moron if this is related to some sort of tragedy. Cliffhanger social media posts are for 14 year old girls.
Not if the family needs funds for medical bills/funeral. A UFC social media post can make all the difference to a go fund me page.

I've never been a Hughes fan, but a lot of the responses in this thread are disgusting and/or disturbing.

It's possible to get stuck on tracks and/or not see a train coming. Rural areas often (at least in Ohio) don't have flashing lights and automatic barriers when a train is approaching, you just have a train warning sign stating you should treat it as a stop sign.

Hope he is well, probably thought the lights didn't mean anything because I don't know how else you end up getting hit by a train

Fuck, hope he's OK.

Country boys are made from something different.

Back