Matt Hughes involved in car accident with a train, airlifted to hospital

I drive for a living and I see more near misses in a week than most people see in their lifetime. This could happen to just about anyone.

Just yesterday I was heading across the 10th Street bridge and this white collar dude I guess got fed up being in traffic and switched into the oncoming lane to pass someone he felt was going too slow. I almost wiped him out with my van.

The crazy thing is the guy was looking at me like it was my fault.

I've seen people run lights and almost wiped out kids, not hear a siren and almost drive right in front of a speeding fire truck... Even had one guy get mad at me for pulling over for a fire truck, so he goes to pull up next to me to yell at me and almost gets hit by the fire truck. He still thought I was the asshole.

Matt just fucked up. I see people do it all the time. The difference is a train can't swerve to avoid you.

Love Matt, my first favorite fighter. Hope he gets back to something close to normal soon.

Too all the people arguing with @Bob Gray ITT, don't waste your breath. I've come across this cunt before and he isn't worth the effort. Fuck that bitch.

I drive for a living and I see more near misses in a week than most people see in their lifetime. This could happen to just about anyone.

Just yesterday I was heading across the 10th Street bridge and this white collar dude I guess got fed up being in traffic and switched into the oncoming lane to pass someone he felt was going too slow. I almost wiped him out with my van.

The crazy thing is the guy was looking at me like it was my fault.

I've seen people run lights and almost wiped out kids, not hear a siren and almost drive right in front of a speeding fire truck... Even had one guy get mad at me for pulling over for a fire truck, so he goes to pull up next to me to yell at me and almost gets hit by the fire truck. He still thought I was the asshole.

Matt just fucked up. I see people do it all the time. The difference is a train can't swerve to avoid you.

Love Matt, my first favorite fighter. Hope he gets back to something close to normal soon.
Did they ever release the intersection address this happened at? Its probably some backwoods crossing without lights or a drop arm.

Never mind, found it in thread.

The crossing Hughes got hit at only had the crossbuck sign. No lights or gates. Hughes would have been coming towards the camera in the picture, the train from the left. There's a turn about 50 yards west of the crossing, it would have been hard not to see the train, but maybe he thought he could beat it. Unless he crept onto the tracks intentionally and the engineer saw it or it was recorded on camera, we might never get a good answer about why it happened.

2a849940-3b72-4b78-ad71-73de35373689-large16x9_HUGHESPIC.jpg
Well that answered my question, not very wooded or concealed though.

I dont understand why he would sue the train operator for the lack of signs. Is that their responsibility? =

Nice necro bump.
I didn't even know about this thread when I responded to the other Matt suing the train conductor thread. It did establish that the railroad tacking did lack automatic gate arms and lighting compared to most cities that do require it from what pacemaker Joe posted. Was there electrical conduits that could have fed that intersection with power. However the report filed seems to suggest that Matt just stopped his car at the track most likely a suicide attempt so it will most likely be thrown out of court

Awesome bump. I thought he got hit by a train again, and got airlifted all over again, like when the McCallisters left Kevin home alone for the second time.

Awesome bump. I thought he got hit by a train again, and got airlifted all over again, like when the McCallisters left Kevin home alone for the second time.
that's what I was hoping.

If there is anyone that deserves a train hitting them twice, it's Matt hughes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back