Matt Hughes involved in car accident with a train, airlifted to hospital

I "think" you are confusing social media post & comments that say to pray for her as well.

I think I'm being confused by people who were confused by those social media posts, I remember seeing a few people insinuate his was wife was in the car with him. Damn fake news.

I'm someone that doesn't differentiate between animal and human life..only cold heart assholes do that...animals have families, not just humans...why is it ok to kill animals, but not humans?

Anthropomorphism at it's finest.

Most people with these types of viewpoints live in the middle of a large metro area and the only real exposure they have to "nature" comes via Disney movies.

So, killing endangered animals is supposed to help them? hahaha

Depends on the animal. Nothing seems to help long gestation animals like elephants because it takes so long for them to reproduce but smaller animals , you pay a ton to hunt and then they use that money to buy acres to be turned sanctuary. Its complicated and it matters what animals you are talking about but conservation hunting has done a ton of good.

Last edited:
I'm someone that doesn't differentiate between animal and human life..only cold heart assholes do that...animals have families, not just humans...why is it ok to kill animals, but not humans?

People gotta eat. Arnold didn't get that ripped eating salads every day.. Not a hunter myself, and don't condone killing anything endangered obviously.

Saw a pic on Google of the crash. Hope he recovers fully. Had no idea he was a truck driver these days. Kinda figured he would work as a trainer etc in a gym. Anyway..thoughts are with him and his family.

I don't like to drop f bombs, because I hate homophobia, but "animals have families, not just humans" is the :eek::eek::eek:giest thing I've ever read.

Last edited:
I think I'm being confused by people who were confused by those social media posts, I remember seeing a few people insinuate his was wife was in the car with him. Damn fake news.

It begins with things like "Best wishes to Matt & his wife" & they think it is both.

There's a huge difference between not being obligated to care, and hoping the man is dead.

meh. people wishing death on other people doesn't bother me either.

anyway, matts in a coma right? but he's stable? sooo does that mean he'll be ok or is it still up in the air?

meh. people wishing death on other people doesn't bother me either.

anyway, matts in a coma right? but he's stable? sooo does that mean he'll be ok or is it still up in the air?
It means he's probably not completely fucked. Apparently he's moving his hands, but it's too early to tell if he'll recover fully. It's a good bet that his comeback is out though.

Damn that's fucked up. I just met Matt when I was in Dallas for 211. Expected him to be a dick but he was super nice. Even took the time to learn my name which I thought was cool.

MMA training definitely destroys one's alert system that his body naturally possesses.

I don't agree with suicide theory.
How does it destroy the alert system?

If he wanted to commit suicide, there are much more efficient ways than having a train hit the passenger side of the car you're driving.

Damn that's fucked up. I just met Matt when I was in Dallas for 211. Expected him to be a dick but he was super nice. Even took the time to learn my name which I thought was cool.

Honestly, I feel like the whole "Matt Hughes is a dick" thing is mostly people falling for reality show narratives. The dude is just straight up honest. If he doesn't like you, he says so. If he thinks he'll beat you, he'll tell you he's better at it than you. That's not an uncommon trait when you're raised on a farm.

His stint on UF has already been explained as having multiple "creative" editing jobs, and people refer to his book without actually reading it or explaining any sort of context.

Honestly, I feel like the whole "Matt Hughes is a dick" thing is mostly people falling for reality show narratives. The dude is just straight up honest. If he doesn't like you, he says so. If he thinks he'll beat you, he'll tell you he's better at it than you. That's not an uncommon trait when you're raised on a farm.

His stint on UF has already been explained as having multiple "creative" editing jobs, and people refer to his book without actually reading it or explaining any sort of context.

It's just what I've always heard. But he couldn't have been nicer.

Just like Ronda was just "creatively edited" on TUF, when in fact she's the next Mother Teresa.

But a dick or not, I do hope he makes a full recovery.

Because we were made to kill animals and eat them?

Why does an owl kill a mouse, why does a fish eat a minnow, why does a lion eat a gazelle?

Hopefully Matt has a full, speedy recovery.

Back