Matt Hughes involved in car accident with a train, airlifted to hospital

This has zero to do with the hate, insincerity & craziness ITT, but ....

Its a really great feel-good moment I wanted to share

Now back to wishing death on people ..................

Oh god that made me cry

Just like Ronda was just "creatively edited" on TUF, when in fact she's the next Mother Teresa.

But a dick or not, I do hope he makes a full recovery.

No, I mean like how when they made it seem like he didn't care when his fighter won and was just playing solitaire, they actually spliced in footage of him playing cards from a completely different day.

There's a difference between creative editing and being a saint. Don't make stupid analogies.

Honestly, I feel like the whole "Matt Hughes is a dick" thing is mostly people falling for reality show narratives. The dude is just straight up honest. If he doesn't like you, he says so. If he thinks he'll beat you, he'll tell you he's better at it than you. That's not an uncommon trait when you're raised on a farm.

His stint on UF has already been explained as having multiple "creative" editing jobs, and people refer to his book without actually reading it or explaining any sort of context.
Read his book (I was a fan of his until I read it) and it's hard to come to any other conclusion.

Did Hughes try to kill himself?
Fuck no.
Flashing lights, yes, but not all have the bars. Shit, I'm not even sure if they all have the lights.

Anything could've happened. Could've been drowsy and not paying attention. Could've tried to beat the train. Might've taken his eyes off the road for a second or two. Could've been texting...

On the surface, it seems unlikely unless it was purposeful, but easily avoidable accidents happen everyday.
Good post.
Theres a reason why ungaurded railway tracks often have a stop sign or a another sign that says stop,look,listen. Because accidents like this actually happen humans have bad peripheral vision, thats why aswell people get tboned at intersections when someone runs a redlight, you don't even see it.
This guy gets it. It's far easier for this type of thing to happen if you don't respect the danger than almost everyone thinks. Aside from the peripheral vision thing, it's very difficult to get useful information from the sound of a train until it's too late. If you're not alert to your surroundings, looking around, and so on, a quick look down at your phone, or a sneeze or cough, and bam.

I have no love for Matt Hughes except in as much as he's a human being and I wouldn't wish this on anybody, let alone someone with kids. Here's to hoping for a full recovery.

No, I mean like how when they made it seem like he didn't care when his fighter won and was just playing solitaire, they actually spliced in footage of him playing cards from a completely different day.

There's a difference between creative editing and being a saint. Don't make stupid analogies.
*note this rant not necessarily about you particularly....

I think this topic is derailing the thread. I disliked Matt before TUF but who gives a shit about that right now? He's a celebrity I never met in person let alone got to know well enough to really know what kind of person he is. I'm sensible enough to know I'm only going by what I see on my screen. I have my likes and dislikes in terms of what fighters I'm interested in and not and so one, but holy fuck people, this is real life, as it were. Grow the fuck up.*

Read his book (I was a fan of his until I read it) and it's hard to come to any other conclusion.

What makes you think I didint?

I did by the way, and found the summaries on places like sherdog to be so disingenuous and slanted I thought they were compiled by Rush Limbaugh.

What makes you think I didint?

I did by the way, and found the summaries on places like sherdog to be so disingenuous and slanted I thought they were compiled by Rush Limbaugh.
Your last statement reveals your bias so you are not worth talking to.

Your last statement reveals your bias so you are not worth talking to.

What bias is that? And what would it have to do with Matt Hughes?

It's always easier to insult someone and dismiss them rather than actually form a coherent position.

What bias is that? And what would it have to do with Matt Hughes?

It's always easier to insult someone and dismiss them rather than actually form a coherent position.

just ignore him, clearly not willing to construct any criticism or comment of substance

Good luck to him hope he recovers. Matt may not be the nicest person but he never harmed anyone (apart from in the cage which was very entertaining) and a family man. At the end of the day his still a good guy and don't deserve this.

Good luck to him hope he recovers. Matt may not be the nicest person but he never harmed anyone (apart from in the cage which was very entertaining) and a family man. At the end of the day his still a good guy and don't deserve this.

With almost all people that are successful ego comes with the success. He always came off very egotistical to me, but as you said not harmful, just very confident about himself and his abilities. Nothing really wrong with that at all.

KkP8KFc.jpg

I met Matt Hughes during UFC 200 weekend and he was one of the most approachable, funniest, and down the earth fighters I have ever met. One of the biggest positives I had from that weekend. A genuine great old school type of guy who you wouldn't expect upon meeting him to be a living legend in his sport.

Back