Matt Hughes involved in car accident with a train, airlifted to hospital

sad. This wouldn't have happened if WME didn't fire Matt from his UFC job, he would have been doing work for UFC instead of driving trucks into trains

It's possible to get stuck on tracks and/or not see a train coming. Rural areas often (at least in Ohio) don't have flashing lights and automatic barriers when a train is approaching, you just have a train warning sign stating you should treat it as a stop sign.
And a lot of crossings here in rural Ohio don't even have lights. People get used to just driving over them.

But we have no idea what happened here.

Wow this is sad. I hope the best for him and his family.

giphy.gif

How does an accident like this happen? Either he was on drugs (alcohol included), extremely tired... or suicidal. Either way my thoughts are out to Matt and his family.
I asked myself the same question a few years back after reading about a very distant acquaintance dying in a train collision. I did some quick research and I was surprised these collisions happen more than I assumed. Some places don't have gates, some malfunction, some people go around gates etc.

Not religious but please Lord be with Matt in this time of need...please Lord

Well this sucks. Really hope all ends well

He always got a lot of hate around here for being a dick but he was always one of my favorites. Hoping for the best.

Hope he recovers.

But, how does a farm boy get hit by a train ? He'd have been dealing with them all his life, I imagine. Maybe, a stroke or something ? Impairment of any kind, is possible, I guess.

I asked myself the same question a few years back after reading about a very distant acquaintance dying in a train collision. I did some quick research and I was surprised these collisions happen more than I assumed. Some places don't have gates, some malfunction, some people go around gates etc.

Not to mention some people try to beat trains...

However it happened. I wish Matt the best and hope he recovers

How about a country breakfast?

Breakfast! It's what's for dinner. Wild boar sausage, cheesy grits, biscuits, home grown eggs. People can make fun of us southerners all they want, we eat better and have more fun ;)

Anxiously awaiting an update here, Matt Hughes is one of my favorite fighters of all time.

Back