Mass Effect Andromeda, v2: In a Galaxy far far away..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know maybe its just bad writing but he just comes off as dumb and not serious a lot of the time

He has his moments here and there but overall he came off fine to me. I was always picked the logical/professional response though. Maybe if you picked the confused response he comes across as a dummy.

Finally a well paced in depth and honest review. Not exaggerated or filled with hate.

The last two planets have the best content by far. This is slowly becoming the secret best Mass Effect game for me.

That's because Ryder is not an elite military dude/dudette. They even remark that Fem Ryder did peacekeeping with the Alliance and Dude Ryder guarded an installation or something with their respective careers being cut short because of Dad Ryder's AI work. They're not even close to the level of Shepard. You also get called out by Bradley on Podromos for wearing N7 armor, lol.

Loving every second of it now. If you're not into lots of worldbuilding, flavor dialogue that is pure info, and actually driving around big open areas then this isn't for you. People complain about fetch quests, and there definitely are a lot just like every open world rpg in the last decade or more, but they usually have some dialogue or reactions from the npcs or something that fleshes out the world or specific planet. There's nothing as terrible as the side quests in ME3 where you overheard a conversation and ran errands for people despite the upcoming Reaper invasion.

The game is a slow burn at the beginning but the later planets have some great quests, the loyalty missions have all been varied with some unique setpieces/world mechanics and the character development is pretty strong to me. Some people hate the new crew but they all have better character development in one game than your squad did in ME1.

Haven't found any SJW agendas either. There are gay characters but who cares. Hitting on a straight squadmate as Dude Ryder netted some fun dialogue. Reyes will charm the pants off your Ryder so watch out if your charater doesn't swing this way or that.

The conversation animations are definitely a glaring issue and disappointing that they aren't up to snuff but after a few hours with the game, they haven't impacted the amount of fun I'm having. Go in with the mindset this is more of a pulpy 70s/80s space opera than some ultra grim apocalyptic story and dialogue and you'll have fun.

That blown up planet by the scourge blew me away. Fucking amazing graphics especially the ginormous chasm. Had to pick my jaw off the ground. Even Peebee and Vetra shat bricks, when I almost went over the edge, Thelma and Louise style.

curious what is everyone's narrative statistics mine
loyalty missions
impulsive actions taken
casual choices made
emotional choices made
logical choices made
professional choices made

He has his moments here and there but overall he came off fine to me. I was always picked the logical/professional response though. Maybe if you picked the confused response he comes across as a dummy.

haha maybe he just seems no nonchalant during some scenes

Finished the game in 42 hours, skipping a ton of side quests. I can easily see me doubling that time on my next playthrough.

Probably going to role with a female Ryder and romance Suvi.

I'm still pretty early in the game but I'm enjoying the heck out of it so far. There has only been once particular instant where the facial animations looked below subpar, the rest of the time it's at the very least tolerable. I can't believe how time consuming the planets are, It took me a minimum of 3 and a half hours just to complete 2 or 3 side quests on Havarl last night.

Yep this is true which is why a lot of people are pissed that your the pathfinder cause it makes no sense. In my playthrough it was never explained why but I never did the necessary tasks in order to find out. Well I think I know what I need to do anyways. Wanted to save that mystery for my next playthrough.

I'm reading online from more and more people that as they play the game the more and more they like it.

Yeah, this is definitely true for me. I'm at a spot now where it's "Free Time = Mass Effect Time". Whereas through the first 10-20 hours I was enjoying it, but not planning on setting aside time to play it.

I saw a decent point being made on reddit about the opening mission. You're a green, underpowered can. Alec Ryder joins the group and suddenly you get perspective on what an N7 is capable of. He's charging around merking everything in his path while you're sat around taking potshots. In that way it's kind of like you're watching Shep operate

Definitely noticed that. I was thinking "Dad wait up! I want to kick ass, too!" but he was all "son come over here" after slaughtering everyone. Plus the cutscene before you even start that portion when he sets off the bombs. Total badass.

I think not enough credit is being given to some of the reactive dialogue or the differences between Fem Ryder and Dude Ryder's dialogue. Even within the first 10 minutes there's a two varying options that show the different relationship they have with their father. I LOVE shit like this in rpgs and it adds a lot to different playthroughs.

That blown up planet by the scourge blew me away. Fucking amazing graphics especially the ginormous chasm. Had to pick my jaw off the ground. Even Peebee and Vetra shat bricks, when I almost went over the edge, Thelma and Louise style.

Drack's reaction was hilarious. The sound design was so cool in that area as it has been overall in the game. The echoing gunfire, the deep bass when you pull off a combo, the subtle ambient synth around the planets. Awesome stuff.

curious what is everyone's narrative statistics mine
loyalty missions
impulsive actions taken
casual choices made
emotional choices made
logical choices made
professional choices made
Where can you actually see that?

Definitely noticed that. I was thinking "Dad wait up! I want to kick ass, too!" but he was all "son come over here" after slaughtering everyone. Plus the cutscene before you even start that portion when he sets off the bombs. Total badass.

I think not enough credit is being given to some of the reactive dialogue or the differences between Fem Ryder and Dude Ryder's dialogue. Even within the first 10 minutes there's a two varying options that show the different relationship they have with their father. I LOVE shit like this in rpgs and it adds a lot to different playthroughs.

One of my favorite parts of the game. I really liked the way he was changing profiles back and forth as he was doing that I was like "WTF! am I going to get to do that".

Fuck the shitty platform jumping and weak puzzle shit.

Really. Fuck it.

Also every alien ancestor location in every game looks exactly the same.

What about aliens who like rainbows, light, curves and color. Not blue angular granite with mysterious blue lights.

I cant get my mining drones to deploy? How does this work?

I cant get my mining drones to deploy? How does this work?

It's like ME2 bro. Drive around and watch the mining console. When you're in an area with resources, lines will start creeping up indicating what materials are present, and at that point you can deploy a mining drone. To get the maximum resources you've gotta find the sweet spot (When the levels begin flatlining and a green haze appears)

Fuck the shitty platform jumping and weak puzzle shit.

Really. Fuck it.

Also every alien ancestor location in every game looks exactly the same.

Platforming is super easy. You can cover a ton of distance with a jump and then air dash. My nitpick is I wish the air dash mantled like a regular jump does.

They look the same because that's the art style. The layout is different for each one. I dunno I had fum exploring them and they never took that long.

I laughed when I read some reviewer crying about spending 20 to 40 minutes on the Sudoku remnant puzzles. I thought to myself, "Dude. Come on."

I think I'm nearing the end myself but I still have a lot of major and minor side quests to finish. I might save them for after I finish the main story. It's been a hell of a ride.

Peebee's romance is kind of sweet. I think I'm slowly turning into an old woman, lol.

Platforming is super easy. You can cover a ton of distance with a jump and then air dash. My nitpick is I wish the air dash mantled like a regular jump does.

They look the same because that's the art style. The layout is different for each one. I dunno I had fum exploring them and they never took that long.

I laughed when I read some reviewer crying about spending 20 to 40 minutes on the Sudoku remnant puzzles. I thought to myself, "Dude. Come on."

I think I'm nearing the end myself but I still have a lot of major and minor side quests to finish. I might save them for after I finish the main story. It's been a hell of a ride.

Peebee's romance is kind of sweet. I think I'm slowly turning into an old woman, lol.

In my next play through I'm for sure going to romance PeeBee. Anyone spending 20 to 40 minutes on those puzzles needs to reevaluate their life. I'll admit though when I was drunk/high as hell they were annoying. I didn't want to be thinking that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back