Mass Effect Andromeda, v2: In a Galaxy far far away..

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are y'all enjoying the game so far? All I've heard is that the game play is fluid and fun, but that otherwise it's an awful mess: buggy, shit animations, terrible SJW writing, and a poorly thought out story.

Pretty much the game play and skill system is really well done and overall graphics is good although the low res textures and pop in during conversations is really bad. Writing is hit or miss but the but the cartoon like voice acting is pretty stupid sometimes and makes ryder seem like a pussy not a elite military like dude.

How are y'all enjoying the game so far? All I've heard is that the game play is fluid and fun, but that otherwise it's an awful mess: buggy, shit animations, terrible SJW writing, and a poorly thought out story.

It's fun and addictive, but has lots of problems. A lot of the criticisms are valid. Its a buggy, glitchy rushed mess. The animations are brutal but I read the subtitles anyways so no worries there.

It has its merits too though. Fun MP, awesome locations, the Nomad is a yuge improvement over the Mako, the voice acting is good and its just fun exploring and doing side quests and help making Andromeda a place thats viable to live for your virtual squad.

It feels like a Mass Effect game to which is really what you want.

Thanks for the replies, guys. This game has really flown under the radar for me. I absolutely love ME 1/2, but I skipped 3 and didn't keep up with news of ME:A at all. So I wanted to hear what some of my Sherbros felt about the game and it's criticisms.

As long as I can get freaky with some blue skinned hos I may pick this up.

Thanks for the replies, guys. This game has really flown under the radar for me. I absolutely love ME 1/2, but I skipped 3 and didn't keep up with news of ME:A at all. So I wanted to hear what some of my Sherbros felt about the game and it's criticisms.

As long as I can get freaky with some blue skinned hos I may pick this up.

Oh blee dat bruh there are some fine blue ass to tap in ME:A. More blue azz then human ass in fact.

I'm trying to get Havarl to 100% but its at 80% and there isn't any missions or anything anywhere on the map, I got to my knowledge all the forward stations and monoliths ugh idk what I'm missing.

I'm trying to get Havarl to 100% but its at 80% and there isn't any missions or anything anywhere on the map, I got to my knowledge all the forward stations and monoliths ugh idk what I'm missing.

A little bit later not sure how long you'll get an email from Addison about sending scientists to havarl. Once you do that it should up it to 100%.

Oh blee dat bruh there are some fine blue ass to tap in ME:A. More blue azz then human ass in fact.

After further research, I realized that Cora has an amazing ass.

[smull1]

It's fun and addictive, but has lots of problems. A lot of the criticisms are valid. Its a buggy, glitchy rushed mess. The animations are brutal but I read the subtitles anyways so no worries there.

It has its merits too though. Fun MP, awesome locations, the Nomad is a yuge improvement over the Mako, the voice acting is good and its just fun exploring and doing side quests and help making Andromeda a place thats viable to live for your virtual squad.

It feels like a Mass Effect game to which is really what you want.

ME as a series always gave you a strong sense of place and belonging. Walking around the Normandy chatting it up with the crew was always fun and interesting. Andromeda has that in spades. Even if your crew has nothing new or major to say, 90% of the time there'll be some new idle banter for you. Add to that the huge amount of chit chat available on the Nexus and settlements, and in the colonies that you founded ...

Last edited:
The last two planets have the best content by far. This is slowly becoming the secret best Mass Effect game for me.

makes ryder seem like a pussy not a elite military like dude.

That's because Ryder is not an elite military dude/dudette. They even remark that Fem Ryder did peacekeeping with the Alliance and Dude Ryder guarded an installation or something with their respective careers being cut short because of Dad Ryder's AI work. They're not even close to the level of Shepard. You also get called out by Bradley on Podromos for wearing N7 armor, lol.

Loving every second of it now. If you're not into lots of worldbuilding, flavor dialogue that is pure info, and actually driving around big open areas then this isn't for you. People complain about fetch quests, and there definitely are a lot just like every open world rpg in the last decade or more, but they usually have some dialogue or reactions from the npcs or something that fleshes out the world or specific planet. There's nothing as terrible as the side quests in ME3 where you overheard a conversation and ran errands for people despite the upcoming Reaper invasion.

The game is a slow burn at the beginning but the later planets have some great quests, the loyalty missions have all been varied with some unique setpieces/world mechanics and the character development is pretty strong to me. Some people hate the new crew but they all have better character development in one game than your squad did in ME1.

Haven't found any SJW agendas either. There are gay characters but who cares. Hitting on a straight squadmate as Dude Ryder netted some fun dialogue. Reyes will charm the pants off your Ryder so watch out if your charater doesn't swing this way or that.

The conversation animations are definitely a glaring issue and disappointing that they aren't up to snuff but after a few hours with the game, they haven't impacted the amount of fun I'm having. Go in with the mindset this is more of a pulpy 70s/80s space opera than some ultra grim apocalyptic story and dialogue and you'll have fun.

That's because Ryder is not an elite military dude/dudette. They even remark that Fem Ryder did peacekeeping with the Alliance and Dude Ryder guarded an installation or something with their respective careers being cut short because of Dad Ryder's AI work. They're not even close to the level of Shepard. You also get called out by Bradley on Podromos for wearing N7 armor, lol.

Peacekeepers are still military so that shouldn't make any difference and my Ryder made comments about fighting raiders so he has seen combat. And further pathfinder training would be pretty specialized para military training I would imagine.

Peacekeepers are still military so that shouldn't make any difference and my Ryder made comments about fighting raiders so he has seen combat. And further pathfinder training would be pretty specialized para military training I would imagine.

I think the idea is that Pathfinder is more of an explorer and adventurer and not a military hero like Shepard. I don't get the impression at all that he's a pussy. I'm not super far in the game but my impression is that SAM plays a critical role in how effective Pathfinder is in combat moreso than him being an elite soldier. He's more like Star Lord from Guardians of he Galaxy as opposed to Luke Skywalker you feel me bruh?

I think the idea is that Pathfinder is more of an explorer and adventurer and not a military hero like Shepard. I don't get the impression at all that he's a pussy. I'm not super far in the game but my impression is that SAM plays a critical role in how effective Pathfinder is in combat moreso than him being an elite soldier. He's more like Star Lord from Guardians of he Galaxy as opposed to Luke Skywalker you feel me bruh?

But a lot of the other pathfinder members are ex military with a lot of experience even specters

But a lot of the other pathfinder members are ex military with a lot of experience even specters

Yeah but Ryder is not one by choice right?

Plus if he was a badass then I'm sure there'd be people saying "herp derp he's too much like Shepard"

Yep this is true which is why a lot of people are pissed that your the pathfinder cause it makes no sense. In my playthrough it was never explained why but I never did the necessary tasks in order to find out. Well I think I know what I need to do anyways. Wanted to save that mystery for my next playthrough.

I'm reading online from more and more people that as they play the game the more and more they like it.

Plus if he was a badass then I'm sure there'd be people saying "herp derp he's too much like Shepard"

Nope wasn't his choice. Kora was next in line to be the pathfinder.

He was still on the pathfinder team though witch seem to be comprised of the best

I saw a decent point being made on reddit about the opening mission. You're a green, underpowered can. Alec Ryder joins the group and suddenly you get perspective on what an N7 is capable of. He's charging around merking everything in his path while you're sat around taking potshots. In that way it's kind of like you're watching Shep operate

Yep this is true which is why a lot of people are pissed that your the pathfinder cause it makes no sense. In my playthrough it was never explained why but I never did the necessary tasks in order to find out. Well I think I know what I need to do anyways. Wanted to save that mystery for my next playthrough.

I'm reading online from more and more people that as they play the game the more and more they like it.

I dont know maybe its just bad writing but he just comes off as dumb and not serious a lot of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back