Mass Effect Andromeda, v2: In a Galaxy far far away..

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the character creator really that bad? I've seen some complaints but haven't watched any videos yet to try to avoid spoilers

So is the character creator really that bad? I've seen some complaints but haven't watched any videos yet to try to avoid spoilers

Its bad and the slow shitty UI doesn't help

Its bad and the slow shitty UI doesn't help
Bummer, always played as default Shep so I guess I'll be continuing that trend here. Hopefully they release some updates to improve it.

Well based on what I played I wont be buying this until its in a decent sale. The game has a overall feel of rushed unfinished work and its pretty sad for a AAA game. If the issues were not to wide spread it would be fine but its constant with the gameplay, the cut scenes are pretty poor and for a game where you spend a large amount of time talking to people its bad. It looks like half the time the people are not even looking at each other as well weird eye and head movements.

Just played a bit of the origin access version, the graphics and animations aren't as bad as I expected but it doesn't feel like mass effect so far. I miss shepard and the gang already lol.

Bummer, always played as default Shep so I guess I'll be continuing that trend here. Hopefully they release some updates to improve it.

Yea I planned to go default so I'm not to worried about this.

Rq9zqLP.gif

UnitedLameElver-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_n2wjpd3DzT1tnzbaxo1_250.gif

So I got to teh Nexus and the game is really fun to me. I am going biotic and playing on Hardcore and it's actually a bit challenging already. The pull to throw combo feels great. It's pretty hilarious to send a guy flying 78125631826 ft. it reminds me of the funny Lift stuff you can do in Mass Effect 1. My Ryder looks like a bum, he looks like an Asian Fry (from Futurama). ME trilogy generic Asian guy looked pretty serious and cool but this generic Asian Ryder I made looks lame as hell lol.

So far I have not seen any weird animation glitches. The gameplay feels great. Only annoying thing is when I die it always seems like that one teammate (not Cora, already forget his name... Liam or somehintg?) would say "where the hell are you going" even though I barely moved anywhere and my lifeless body is slumped over a rock lol.

The graphics don't look particularly great but they look good. The faces honestly to me look like ME3 graphics which I guess is not good because that game is like 5 years old.

So yeah, the gameplay feels really good and I think I'm going to enjoy the game alot.

Default male or female?

I couldn't deal with the male VA. Jennifer Hale was so much more nuanced.

Been playing early access a bit and the models are really ugly. Why can't we have the pretty faces of Witcher 3?

Default male or female?

I couldn't deal with the male VA. Jennifer Hale was so much more nuanced.

Been playing early access a bit and the models are really ugly. Why can't we have the pretty faces of Witcher 3?
Vanderloo Shep.

Yeah, it seems like a large portion of the fan base didn't like Meer but I never had problems with him as a voice actor.

Cora getting split in half like a log

Vanderloo Shep.

Yeah, it seems like a large portion of the fan base didn't like Meer but I never had problems with him as a voice actor.

I'm sticking to Ryder bro for Andromeda I think. The default male model is pretty good. Ryder sis on the other hand not so much and I can't make her look pretty. I have no idea why this is so hard for Bioware/EA. Korean MMORPGs can randomly generate faces that look so much better.

I'm sticking to Ryder bro for Andromeda I think. The default male model is pretty good. Ryder sis on the other hand not so much and I can't make her look pretty. I have no idea why this is so hard for Bioware/EA. Korean MMORPGs can randomly generate faces that look so much better.
Yeah, even Bethesda doesn't struggle with that as much.

The Saints Row games also had a decent creator.

Bioware frequently has problems with how they scan people as well. Sara Ryder is based on this person

1118full-jayde-rossi.jpg

6d2ff1b559e1064f7aa4a611f924dd74569d466a_l.jpg

c74bb70ac33f1577f5517a27d51a81a4.jpg

mass-effect-andromeda-jayde-rossi.jpg

<{vega}><{vega}><{vega}>

Default Ryder needs a thicker beard, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back