Mass Effect Andromeda, v2: In a Galaxy far far away..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to go after Suvi but she doesn't play for that team.

<{hughesimpress}>

It's so dumb there are more human dudes to go for than human chicks. Bioware and their SJW BS. Cora is the only human female you can bone. Wtf??

Gonna be drama when that news hits Andromeda bro

Light spoilers:

I've seen one or two nods to the reapers. Not directly mentioning them of course, but casually suggesting there's shit on the horizon perhaps. Also mention of the Initiative trying to contact the Milky Way

I'm still only part way through the first mission so I haven't gotten much story information, but I'm assuming the arks travelled to andromeda via "conventional FTL means" (whatever the fuck that could possibly mean) so it's almost surprising they didn't cross paths with the reaper armada outside the Milky Way in "dark space" or whatever.

So I'm enjoying the game (when it doesn't crash) but you can tell this game was rushed out for release

Also to me it feels like the characters don't care about what's going on, maybe the animations adds to that.

Everytime I talk to Liam AA male Ryder, the game just wants me to select I'm interested in you.

So I was doing Vetras loyalty mission and ran into a game breaking bug. Was at the end of the mission and died. Had to restart just outside the final room but the door would not open.

Got frustrated and restarted.. Still was fucked and got pissed. Luckily there was an earlier auto save only a minute behind the bugged one. Was able to finish the mission thankfully.

Also to me it feels like the characters don't care about what's going on, maybe the animations adds to that.

Everytime I talk to Liam AA male Ryder, the game just wants me to select I'm interested in you.

I find the voice acting adds a lot to it, it always has the same kinda cartoony attitude to it. There never sounds like there is any anger, stress or fear to the characters no matter what's happening.

They wanted to go for a lighter tone after the three games of "The reapahs are gunna kill us all!!!!" The wooden smiles don't sell the dialogue enough that's for sure. Liam had some good development in his loyalty mission.

Drack is up there with the best of the best ME squadmates. His loyalty mission is great. Some of them are top tier and all of them are better that the worst of the trilogy like Kaidan, Ashley, Vega, Jacob and real doll EDI (ME2 EDI ruled).

I just met Reyes for the first time today. And I'm playing a female Ryder

<{yearp}>

Dude Ryder flirted with him a bit and I was pretty close to letting Reyes blow Ryder. It's 2819 or something so why not?
<Fedor23>

45 hours in... Eos, Voels and Harval at 100%. Explored everything I could, did every mission I could and talked to everyone I could so far. Ready to bring Kadara to it's knees as the God Emperor Pathfinder of Andromeda.

Really want to do 100% but I see people are now talking about the ending of the game and spoilers are coming up everywhere. Not sure if I should just rush the main story, or just isolate myself from any sort of media and go for that 100%

They wanted to go for a lighter tone after the three games of "The reapahs are gunna kill us all!!!!" The wooden smiles don't sell the dialogue enough that's for sure. Liam had some good development in his loyalty mission.

Drack is up there with the best of the best ME squadmates. His loyalty mission is great. Some of them are top tier and all of them are better that the worst of the trilogy like Kaidan, Ashley, Vega, Jacob and real doll EDI (ME2 EDI ruled).

Dude Ryder flirted with him a bit and I was pretty close to letting Reyes blow Ryder. It's 2819 or something so why not?
<Fedor23>

It's 2819 and they STILL don't let you fuck a Krogan or have an interspecies threesome. WTF!?

It's so dumb there are more human dudes to go for than human chicks. Bioware and their SJW BS. Cora is the only human female you can bone. Wtf??

My previous gf looked and acted like Mirinda. Three fucking years that cost me.

It's 2819 and they STILL don't let you fuck a Krogan or have an interspecies threesome. WTF!?

They need to get some of the Dragon Age team for the romances next time. There was a bisexual Qunari in Inquisition, lol.

45 hours in... Eos, Voels and Harval at 100%. Explored everything I could, did every mission I could and talked to everyone I could so far. Ready to bring Kadara to it's knees as the God Emperor Pathfinder of Andromeda.

Really want to do 100% but I see people are now talking about the ending of the game and spoilers are coming up everywhere. Not sure if I should just rush the main story, or just isolate myself from any sort of media and go for that 100%

Don't rush the main story.

They need to get some of the Dragon Age team for the romances next time. There was a bisexual Qunari in Inquisition, lol.
I remember seeing gay Qunari scene on youtube where some folk stumble upon Iron Bull and Inquisitor buck nekkid in bed and some poor guy starts
-I take it..
Bull interrupts
-Actually it was the Inquisitor who was taking it!
I was like WTF it is not a Japanese game lol

So I was doing Vetras loyalty mission and ran into a game breaking bug. Was at the end of the mission and died. Had to restart just outside the final room but the door would not open.

Got frustrated and restarted.. Still was fucked and got pissed. Luckily there was an earlier auto save only a minute behind the bugged one. Was able to finish the mission thankfully.

Yea this bug happened to me as well. This was one of the ways auto save screwed me. It happened again on Drakes mission. You complete one part and it autosaves. When I died it tried to get me to complete the part of the mission I just did so I couldn't complete it and it would just stop advancing the mission. The Drake bug only happened once though. After I started the mission over the bug didn't reappear.

How are y'all enjoying the game so far? All I've heard is that the game play is fluid and fun, but that otherwise it's an awful mess: buggy, shit animations, terrible SJW writing, and a poorly thought out story.

How are y'all enjoying the game so far? All I've heard is that the game play is fluid and fun, but that otherwise it's an awful mess: buggy, shit animations, terrible SJW writing, and a poorly thought out story.

I'm loving it bro. They dropped the ball on character models and animations are spotty. I've encountered a few minor bugs here and there. The story doesn't have the same drama as previous games, but it's open world so it was always going to be tough to create a solid narrative. I think the story is just about setting a scene and immersing the player in new lore and environments, and there's a lot of content there. Tons of people to meet and loads of shit to see. SJW stuff is pretty faint. A lot of the alpha male types are women but you expect to see that everywhere nowadays. I've seen one or two gay/trans incidents in there (Outside of dat romance), but it's blink and you'll miss it type stuff.

I'm probably like 60% through the game and those are my impressions. Don't understand why it's getting ripped to shreds by some people tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back