Lost my girlfriend

Tuesday night after her surgery in the afternoon, 3 nurses, 2 females and one male, along with a translator told me and 2 of her friends that there was a good chance she could pass away in the next 12-24 hours. I think they were all nurses but it's possible that the male was a doctor. They told us we could speak to the neurosurgeon later if we wanted to .he had already gone home for the day .

The male recommended that we let her pass if she stopped breathing or her heart stopped .I have everything recorded.

I have a 9 year-old son and was against having more kids. I trusted her though and we agreed that we would be a family if she got pregnant.

At this point I only know what the nurses told me. I've tried calling 2 doctors from the last hospital she was transferred from and theu haven't returned my call. I plan to speak to the neurosurgeon later but today I'm working and afterwards I will go see her.

I'm having a hard time believing much of this. Why is a nurse telling you anything about how long she has to live? She can lose her job for that.

You're leaving out some important details here. If everything was "ok" the friend wouldn't have ever been asked anything regarding her care. So this either didn't happen or she was unconscious and wasn't "ok".

You're against having kids, but you already have kids?

Birth control is horrible

It sounds to me like you're confused and don't understand what is going on with her at all dude. It's understandable and you should speak to a mental health professional about it. Sorry for your loss.

Tuesday night after her surgery in the afternoon, 3 nurses, 2 females and one male, along with a translator told me and 2 of her friends that there was a good chance she could pass away in the next 12-24 hours. I think they were all nurses but it's possible that the male was a doctor. They told us we could speak to the neurosurgeon later if we wanted to .he had already gone home for the day .

The male recommended that we let her pass if she stopped breathing or her heart stopped .I have everything recorded.

I have a 9 year-old son and was against having more kids. I trusted her though and we agreed that we would be a family if she got pregnant.

At this point I only know what the nurses told me. I've tried calling 2 doctors from the last hospital she was transferred from and theu haven't returned my call. I plan to speak to the neurosurgeon later but today I'm working and afterwards I will go see her.
Translator? Where did this happen and where are you from?

Thanks for adding context.

Translator? Where did this happen and where are you from?

Thanks for adding context.
Southern California. Her family and friends are from another country and wanted the information about her condition in their language. There were a lot of big words and medical jargon used to describe what happened to her.

While I hope that things miraculously turn out okay, take solace in knowing you loved someone to their very end. Her last words to you were that she loved you, and your last words to her will be that you loved her too - I sincerely hope that day is many years from now, after a life well lived together.

Wow. Sorry. That is rough!! I wish you and her family the best.

Southern California. Her family and friends are from another country and wanted the information about her condition in their language. There were a lot of big words and medical jargon used to describe what happened to her.
I thought she didn't have any family in the States; just the one friend who apparently made the life-or-death call to have surgery?

I thought she didn't have any family in the States; just the one friend who apparently made the life-or-death call to have surgery?
They spoke to her parents on the phone.

The one who made the call based on the surgeon's recommendation is her best friend but she has a few other friends that she works with. They did not have any say in her treatment but they did visit her along with her boss.

Last edited:
That's a very sorry state of affairs. How sad that her family can't be with her.

Edit: if you're talking about me not being at the hospital right now, she would not be aware if I was there. There is nothing I can do for her. The nurse told me her brain sustained a lot of trauma and she will probably die in the next 24 hours. I visited her every day, including today, except when they transferred her and the new hospital had more limited visiting hours and I didn't find out until after visitation was over.

My girlfriend since January got a brain clot last week. We spent the night together and had planned to spend the following day together. In the morning, I took her to meet her friend so she could open a bank account and she was complaining of weakness in her right side because she could barely sign her name.

Her friend volunteered to take her to a massage place to work it out so I told her I'd call her later. Her friend later tells me that my gf got worse so she took her to the hospital. I went to see her and she couldn't move the right side of her body and was tired and grumpy. She was still responsive though and even laughed at some jokes.

The nurses kep waking her up over and over again every 30-90 minutes. They never let her sleep while they did tests on her and fed her drugs that were supposed to help with the brain clot.

Everything was ok for a few days. We were talking about doing rehab to help her regain control and the nurse was optimistic because she is young and healthy.

Then they transfer her to a different hospital and some surgeon made the decision (with the permission of her friend because she has no family in the US; she only had her friend and I) to operate on her which screwed her up. She has significant brain damage and may die. I hate doctors. I told her friend not to trust them. If she had just been allowed to rest then she would be ok. She was much better before the operation.

She will never be the same if she lives. I'm very again marriage and having kids because it's such a liability in the US but I was really starting to believe that she was different. She didn't act like other women. She proved herself to have high moral character many times while we were together.

She wanted to have a family and I was ready to do it with her. I trusted her and loved her. We talked about it and agreed that she should stop taking birth control the night before she had the blood clot.

The nurse said that the oral contraceptives probably contributed to her having the blood clot.

I wasn't prepared to see her like that yesterday when I visited. They removed half her skull. I barely recognized her. I want to kill the surgeon but won't. Fucking hack. She was getting better until they did this too her. People always believe doctors but so much of modern medicine is shit. If she wasn't taking birth control that a doctor prescribed this never would have happened.

Last year I got sick and had a major flare up from my psoriatic arthritis. Doctors did nothing for me. They were completely useless. They wanted to prescribe expensive drugs with horrible side effects. I did my own research, changed my diet and fixed myself.

I'm venting about healthcare because I'm upset about the loss but it is a major problem.

Nothing is going to make her the way she was though and I can hardly breathe. I don't want to eat. I keep almost crying but I'm still numb. I can't believe that I can't see her the way she was. I want to text her. The last thing she texted was that she loves me. I miss her. Don't know what to do. This hurts.
Sorry you're going through this. I wish I had something to say.

Sorry to hear about this.

Just to clarify, are you saying they did the surgery based on the permission of the friend? Or they would have done the surgery anyway? I wouldn't think a friend, without power of attorney, could give consent to operate on someone. Perhaps all of the Sherdog lawyers, since everyone is a lawyer on Sherdog, can chime in.

And what hospital did this happen at?

Interesting. Southern California has quite a few of the best hospitals in the world. Was it UCLA or UCSD by any chance?

sorry to hear that.. did she have an ischemic stroke or a cerebral vein thrombosis? the prognosis are drastically different.. feel free to PM me..

Last edited:
yo TS
first off, anyone saying anything negative towards TS and your opinion on his actions can fuck right off, seriously. Until you have walked down this road you just do not know how u will react.
secondly, pm me if u need to vent or want to talk, if what you are saying is true ur about to join the worlds worst club, and I know that feel.
third, do what you need to do TS, literally what YOU need to do. one foot in front of the other my dude. life is for the living, dont take that as callous its true though. today is what it is, tomorrow is what you make it.

I came in about to say congratulations before i read the post. Im sorry TS, truly.

Damm sorry to hear this bad news man. Wishing the best for her and you.

Back