Lost my girlfriend | Page 3

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Robocok, May 17, 2018 at 2:08 AM.

1. PommyBen Wistfull With A Fist-Full

PommyBen
    Well i suppose its all down to interpretation and perception, how did you look at the original version before it was changed? and why was it changed after i made a comment on this post? and why are you so bothered that you would think to look at the original post? so many questions so little time.

I have offered my deepest regret and i sincerly hope that things are better for him and his girl friend, but you are beating a dead horse here.

Gazwald likes this.
  2. Gazwald F'n Period Belt

Gazwald
    It's a fine line in this situation. Saying "Sorry to hear that. I'll pray for you" is fine but actually offering practical advice that could potentially make somebody's life better (which is what you originally did, regardless of any confusion with post editing etc) often bites you in the ass. Sometimes people going through trauma aren't ready to hear it.

I see your situation. You wish you could give your past self the same advice regarding your gran. Your past self probably would've been too preoccupied up to listen, same as TS with the ongoing situation. I can understand. I got drunk and missed my gran's funeral because 'I couldn't handle it waagh waagh' and I've regretted it every day since. When you're in that mindset, it's hard to think about even short term solutions.

SRN and biscuitsbrah like this.
  3. Peteyandjia Iridescent Algae

Peteyandjia
    No, it's just down to character & accountability. Some people apologize when they make a mistake & accuse someone of something they didn't do; others don't.

I'm an admin on this forum.

For a bunch of grammatical errors, just like he said.

It literally took less than a minute.

Nah, this was pretty quick too.

4. UFC=Pride Black Belt

UFC=Pride
    So sorry that is horrible

5. ralphc1 Gold Belt

ralphc1
    I'm sorry things turned out this way. Without knowing more about it, I suspect the blood clot in her brain moved or the pressure increased to the point where they had to try to relieve it. It seems she was unable to communicate if they had to have her friend give permission.

6. TSO Cookie monster belt

TSO
    I'm having a hard time believing much of this. Why is a nurse telling you anything about how long she has to live? She can lose her job for that.

You're leaving out some important details here. If everything was "ok" the friend wouldn't have ever been asked anything regarding her care. So this either didn't happen or she was unconscious and wasn't "ok".

You're against having kids, but you already have kids?

Birth control is horrible

It sounds to me like you're confused and don't understand what is going on with her at all dude. It's understandable and you should speak to a mental health professional about it. Sorry for your loss.

biscuitsbrah and PommyBen like this.
  7. Sebchenier Mirabile dichtu, don't you agree?

Sebchenier
    Shit man I'm so sorry.

I hope your gf can make a decent enough recovery and that she can pull through though I understand that chances are slim.

I'd hate to be in your shoes. Focus on her at the moment and deal with any legal issue afterward.

8. PommyBen Wistfull With A Fist-Full

PommyBen
    What the fuck is wrong with you people?

No mistake made, i made my thoughts out of what I read, if someone doesn't like it fine, thats why this is a forum and makes it so unique as way of communication. I made my thoughts based on my real life experience with a situation not far from the TS's and the mistakes i feel i made. You make up ypur own mind as to what you do with the information your are presented with.

9. Sebchenier Mirabile dichtu, don't you agree?

Sebchenier
    Woah dude, how about some compassion?

What's up with your ego here? The guy's gf is dying and you're worried about being misunderstood?

My mother in law is in palliative care at this moment and my wife is using me as a punching bag (figuratively speaking) 18 hours in a day. I understand that she can't be held accountable for things she says because she is in tremendous emotional pain.

So just let this go. We should all offer support to OP. He isn't asking for advice.

10. PommyBen Wistfull With A Fist-Full

PommyBen
    Yeah i get your points, but 80% of the posts in this thread are "sorry to hear that" .. i was trying to offer i previous experience personnal experience,we all learn from each other whether we like it or not, we have to have other people to gauge where we are and how we are doing in the real life. Trauma comes at anytime in life, whether your you ready or not, trauma will not wait for you to be ready, our life is a constant tragedy, its how we deal with it defines the person.

Gazwald likes this.
  11. PommyBen Wistfull With A Fist-Full

PommyBen
    I have let it go, but you are perpetuating it. I wish all the luck in the world to TS and his girl friend.

It seems like some people don't like being questioned on certain things that belittle or bring morals judgment into light.

always question, examine our curiosity for pain love death and what it is to be human is this crazy world.

tonysmasseuse likes this.
  12. tonysmasseuse Blue Belt

tonysmasseuse
    For what it's worth, i definitely see where you are coming from. Also the title - Lost my girlfriend - made it seem like she was already dead, and since she is not, one has to assume he meant she was dead to him, as in he'd given up hope.
    I liked the way you offered your support, too bad some misunderstanding got in the way for the deeper sentiment:

We suffer and awaken together.

Peace.

PommyBen likes this.
  13. Gazwald F'n Period Belt

Gazwald
    I don't disagree man.

At the same time though. The point has been made that the TS posted this on a public forum and shouldn't be offended when people post what he doesn't want to hear. Fair point. By the same token, you can't expect to give advice to somebody in a time of crisis and get offended if they react defensively. It's always a possibility.

Alphaboy, biscuitsbrah and PommyBen like this.
  14. I Am Legion Black Belt

I Am Legion
    Damn that’s terrible. Sucks that life can change in an instant like that. Good luck.

15. PommyBen Wistfull With A Fist-Full

PommyBen
    Im not offended in the slightess.

I just hope things can improve for them in the future.

Gazwald likes this.
  16. PommyBen Wistfull With A Fist-Full

PommyBen
    Sometimes things to get lost in translation, and if the TS feels this was an attack on him personally it sure wasn't meant to be anything like that, kick a man when hes down is not my style.
    Thats just the way it read to me.

tonysmasseuse likes this.
  17. TribalDrumz Green Belt

TribalDrumz
    Sorry for your tragedy. Did I also read you were going to get a bank account together after 5 months ?

18. D3THRONED Brown Belt

D3THRONED
    I am incredibly sorry.. no one should have to go through that.

Much love to you

19. TheWorm Red Belt

TheWorm
    By what legal authority was her friend able to give directions to the hospital about her care? That doesn’t make any sense unless she signed a medical directive or living will giving her friend that authority.

SRN and biscuitsbrah like this.
  20. Scerpi Black Belt

Scerpi
    I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't fully understand what exactly is going on. It sounds like this shit happened quickly and medical "Professionals" may not know what exactly is happening too, especially nurses, they're just giving their best opinion at the time. It's easy to look back 20/20 and make critiques.

Also, with traumatic experiences like this, it's easy for some details to get cloudy. The brain is funny like that.

I had to go through a similar situation with my my dad and some of it was a fog because I think I may have been in shock a little. I remember some stuff clearly, but other parts.... its weird.

Agree about talking to a mental health professional.

biscuitsbrah, TSO and tonysmasseuse like this.