Looking back at Frank Mir's career in the UFC, how would you remember him?

greedily eating raspberry jam in the corner of the cage while Lesnar yells at him to stop

Why is it ridiculous? It's not free. People here still complain about fighter pay. I hope that is not you, since you are not contributing one dime. Just saying dude.
if the fighters are stupid enough to sign the contracts than thats on them. That is my feeling on the whole thing.

And because most sports you don't need to pay to watch in a general sense ( unless you get a package) . NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL. sure you need cable or some other outlet. But its a different animal entirely.

If the UFC had all their fights on FOX/free tv you wouldn't be saying anything about contributing to them. they are the ones choosing to make you and I pay for fights on ppv.

Not buying ppv is really a knock against ppv than anything else.

So yeah. Its a ridiculous argument

if the fighters are stupid enough to sign the contracts than thats on them. That is my feeling on the whole thing.

And because most sports you don't need to pay to watch in a general sense ( unless you get a package) . NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL. sure you need cable or some other outlet. But its a different animal entirely.

If the UFC had all their fights on FOX/free tv you wouldn't be saying anything about contributing to them. they are the ones choosing to make you and I pay for fights on ppv.

Not buying ppv is really a knock against ppv than anything else.

So yeah. Its a ridiculous argument

Other sports air on major networks and yes you're paying a cable bill so you are still contributing. I always found it funny when Dana White used to say I am putting fights on free TV. Well I get a cable bill every month and that shit sure as hell ain't free. However a fight like what just took place two weeks ago if you are interested you should be paying for.. And if you are not, then you are not much of a fan.

Sylvia arm break, both fights vs brock and both fights vs nog. Mir is the man.

Mir breaking Nogs arm is one of my favorite moments. Not even really a fan of either btw.

1_medium.gif
What a freaking incredible sequence there. Both guys deserve a lot of credit for their effort and technique. Although Big Not made at least one mistake there. I am not a jiu jitsu expert. But either way it was impressive and exciting to watch that sequence. Very cool.

he has a major case of butthurt, a lot of negativity coming from him now days, sour grapes

I will always remember him breaking Sylvia's arm. Amazing ground game and hope he has success in Bellator.

Memories...

Frank bursting onto the scene. Bring a sub game to the UFC HW that nobody else had. Breaking Timmy's arm

Disappearing from the sport after his accident. Coming back fat and looking like shit. Looking like his career might be over.

Resurgance with win over Brock (presumably the UFC had matched him with Brock thinking Brock would win). Bigs wins over Big Nog. Showing up roided af against Kongo. "I started lifting weights". weighing in at 264.5. WTF

Long tail end of his career when he lost almost all the time, often quite badly.

Breaking Nog's arm and falling backwards in hilarious fashion after getting knocked down by JDS lol.

He is one of my all time favorites. Had some of the most brutal wins and losses in the history of the sport.

Battleworn

Don't forget his submission of Pete Williams. Awesome, weird keylock from guard.

Back