Looking back at Frank Mir's career in the UFC, how would you remember him?

I'll always remember him for the fact that almost all of his fights ended in a finish, win or lose. Outside of a very few exceptions, prior to the Nelson fight a Mir fight was pretty much a guarantee finish. He'd either obliterate his opponent, or lose in devastating fashion.

The first fighter to defeat Tim Sylvia who was 16-0 at the time and ex-ufc champion at the time of the fight. One of the underappreciated mir wins as when fedor beat tim it got more recognition/praise compared to mir who was the first to beat tim.

lesnar fights got his name into the mainstream, beating an 1-0 fighter isn't that great compared to the experienced hws he beat before. Come ufc 100 and lesnar got mma experience we all saw what happened.

Because I was there, the Nog fight.

Holy ****! The first or second one.

A little piece of me died that day. Thanks for taking me back to the darkness again...

Only the thought of Murr getting a prolonged tuning from JDS and the memories of Dr. Bork "Vanilla Gorilla" Lesnar removing a lucky horseshoe from up his ass, kept me from losing faith in humanity. Was never really a fan.

Good luck to him a Bellator. Maybe they can hook him up with a freak fight against 3 kangaroos on rollerskates...

I ain't gonna lie, I like Frank but I'm a Big Nog Fan so I was bias. That first fight.... It was hard yo, I was speechless. Definitely an underrated upset. But the second fight? I was getting all jumpy and excited seeing Nog having Mir in trouble then all of a sudden.... Crack!

Nog's arm just dangling there.... Even thought I hated Mir for that, I had to give that man his props at the end of the day.

Hard not to think of Frank as the guy who subbed Nog.

That shit was nasty...

i'll remember him as the guy who made that "what was that?" face in all of his fights after receiving 1 punch

A slow but powerful fighter in both Ko's and subs, that sequence leading up to the Nog sub is one of the craziest I've ever seen. POWERFUL Frank Mir.

A lot of people say if they get your arm they are taking it with them and it's over.

With Mir this is 100% true.

Frank was a fucking savage. Beat up my guy Nog not once but twice, subbed Brock, loved his sloppy slug fest with Duffy.

Fond memories. Mir was awesome, he was a bit of a glass cannon, usually either destroyed his opponent or got knocked out but he was really entertaining and fought a murderer' s row.

His submission game was incredible for a HW.

One of the best HW of all time, it's a shame he had that crazy bike crash, he was never the same since. Reminded me of Mike Tyson after he came out of prison. OK That's a stretch but his fitness levels dropped considerably.

Win or lose, he came to fight. He was either going to break/choke/KO you in the first round, or die trying. If he had better defensive wrestling (including in the clinch), he would have had more success.

It's disappointing to learn of his failed drug test, but I think his career will be remembered more not for his failures, but for his comeback from career-ending motorcycle accident.

Quick and nasty subs, all offense. Nog's & Timmeh's poor arms. Motorcycle accident. Brock's strawberries. Carwin killed him. Intricacies of details of maneuvers no one knows the names of.

Holy ****! The first or second one.

I ain't gonna lie, I like Frank but I'm a Big Nog Fan so I was bias. That first fight.... It was hard yo, I was speechless. Definitely an underrated upset. But the second fight? I was getting all jumpy and excited seeing Nog having Mir in trouble then all of a sudden.... Crack!

Nog's arm just dangling there.... Even thought I hated Mir for that, I had to give that man his props at the end of the day.

That shit was nasty...
The one where Mir took his arm home and put it on his mantle.
It was quite a night, lost $20 to the guy sitting next to me on that fight. Best seats in the house, courtesy of Uncle Dana.

Back