Looking back at Frank Mir's career in the UFC, how would you remember him?

I like how Mir was the first guy to KO Big Nog and submit Big Nog.

The fact that he managed to recover and make a comeback story after the freaking accident.

So he broke Tim Sylvia's arm, who cares?

But yeah he was there from the old days as a HW with agile ground game. And he was serious about tap or snap.

Back in the day, your admission to spearmint rhino was decided by frank.

I remember I first learned how to do a toe hold watching his fight with tank Abbot playing it over an over again... I guess you could say he is the best sub artist at HW except maybe Werdum.

So Frank is off to Bellator, he's been fighting in the UFC for 16 years. Had loads of memberable fights. Love him or hate him, he's a pioneer to the sport. Which was your favorite fight?

I'll remember him as champ. His most memorable fights to me were snapping Sylvia's arm, comeback on Nog, and his 1st fight with Lesnar. Great fighter.

There weren't many Mir fights I've enjoyed more than he and Lesnar at UFC 100.

So long, Frank.

I'll always remember him as a steroid cheat. He was clearly juicing for a long time in his career, but like most guys only got busted once the random tests started.

Good HW might have been cool to see him in pride, he was so young and atheltic, he wasn't ever the same after the brock and Carwin fights

He was the first "modern day" HW champ in my mind. I never really considered Barnett the champ because he got busted for cheating right after he won.

I was never a huge fan of Mir but looking back he had a pretty impressive career, he was a titleholder and went 16-11 in the ufc over 13 years and went through a bad motorcycle accident along the way.

One of the greatest UFC heavyweights of all time. One of the few heavyweights that can operate off their backs.

i'll remember him as the guy with ugly child hair that was obssesed with other guy's limbs

I'll be sad to see him go from the memories.

I remember his career comeback, his win over Lesnar, the finish over Nog. The story lines he had in that period were quite fun.

Back