Little Canada flags stitched onto backpacks while traveling abroad.

They can probably come in handy, though the one time I think I could have used one I didn’t have one. In 2007 I was backpacking around Asia and walked across the border from Thailand to Malaysia around midnight. I was walking down the street in this Malaysian border town and this group of about 4 guys asked me where I was from and I told them Canada. They said good, because if I was American they would have jumped and robbed me. Instead they shared some mangosteen with me.

What? I’ve lived in both Thailand and Malaysia and have been all over each and never had an issue being American.

Now Parts of the Middle East are another story

What? I’ve lived in both Thailand and Malaysia and have been all over each and never had an issue being American.

Now Parts of the Middle East are another story

It's what they told me they would have done. I don't know, they could have been fucking around just trying to scare me. I mean they generally seemed like nice guys. They asked if I'd ever had mangosteen before, and I told them I hadn't, so they gave me one. It was quite good actually. Have never had one again since as I've never seen them anywhere.

I just assumed they meant what they said because Malaysians are snackbars and this was during the Dubya years.

<Fedor23>

I have this instead

images
You also drink VB and drive a ute with vanity plates, don't you?

This.

In all of my travels, when asked, I say "I'm from America" and I've never had a problem.

You must have a low set of beliefs if you assume someone is going to treat your poorly because of your country on your passport.

"Honey, don't forget to sew the Canadian flag on your backpack as we travel to Awesomestan. After all, those people may not like us because we are enlightened Americans."

If that is the way you think, please stop traveling abroad.
All the Americans I've met, and that's quite a few, were really cool people. Makes me think that the batshit crazy ones probably never leave the country anyway, so why would I worry.

lol at someone hiding their nationality because they are worried about what people will think of them.

god damn cucks

Its Canadians trying to let people know theyre not Americans and Americans trying to not let people know theyre Americans because third world foreigners hate us for our freedoms and may not be able to control their uncivilized savage nature
You should be embarrassed that you didnt know that

The US is almost a third world country

I am Canadian.

We do this so the enemies of America don’t target us.

If you go to France or London certain cultures hate America.
Yeah, but you guys are considered our little bitches - they'll gladly kill you because they think the US cares- we don't

Yeah, but you guys are considered our little bitches - they'll gladly kill you because they think the US cares- we don't
Shush up. Or do you want us to kick your ass in another war.

There are places in the world where the English are not well thought of as well, that's a part of the reason why I carry an Irish passport.

Certain port authorities, officials etc can be irritating if you have the wrong nationality. There is also a higher chance of you being used as a kidnap victim for ransom if your from a wealthy, Western country that's had troops in muslim countries.

This is only if you travel in certain places in the world obviously, southern Tunisia and western Morocco etc.

American tourists also have a pretty bad reputation, same as Brits I expect and it does no harm to disassociate yourself a little.

lol at someone hiding their nationality because they are worried about what people will think of them.

god damn cucks

You're the ones who's country is most fucked by corporations, making you a cuck?

<{anton}>

You're the ones who's country is most fucked by corporations, making you a cuck?

<{anton}>

i always like how the brits have the same issues america does right down to rampant morbid obesity yet you all like to delude yourself into thinking that everything is kosher on the other side of the pond.
<DCWhoa>

Last edited:
i always like how the brits have the same issues america does right down too rampant morbid obesity yet you all like to delude yourself into thinking that everything is kosher on the other side of the pond.
<DCWhoa>
Fucking REKT

Well Canada's an American ally so our enemies are your enemies.

As for London, who hates Americans in London? Maybe Muslims.

As somebody who worked at a major London airport in customer service for seven years, Americans were generally seen as rude and arrogant. Personally I didn’t have a problem with most of them, found them to be friendly and agreed with them when they complained about something. Only one upper class, extremely frail, older American white woman who spoke with a forced Queens English accent, who spoke to me as I was a child for some reason.

I was under the impression that Canadians were extremely patriotic and proud of their flag.

Generally, Kuwaitis weren’t well liked and Indians hated other Indians. I personally was weary of working with older Canadian, South African, Australian and English white women as I found them to be very rude, though the men were generally okay. South African women in particular were extremely aggressive to the people who were trying to help them, though I was suspended for reacting to, swearing at and eventually abandoning an English actress with a knighthood and her idiot male accomplice, who were incredibly rude to me.

And with the exception of one younger bloke, Muslims were generally nice, humble and appreciative of my service to them.

That's the great thing about multi-nationality and being a chameleon. I always carry my other identification and I default to French or Spanish once out of the United States. It's always smooth sailing. Then I play ignorant American when it's advantageous. "Oh sorry I didn't know that I couldn't do that. My first time here." Working on that Arabic to avoid all possible baggage.

I'm sure the French think the French Canadians speak stupid. I wouldn't go as far as saying they dislike the French Canadians but in terms of accent, I've heard a few French people comment about the accent.
French people give everyone hell over their accents. Parisians are notorious for being dicks about this. Even to people from other parts of France. I'm relatively young but it's gotten better since I was a child.

What an asinine thing to be concerned about.

What other mental issues do you have TS?

I'm American I've been over seas plenty of times and everyone can tell I'm American. I've never felt like anyone was rude or mean to me for being American and a lot want to talk with me to see what I think about the current US politics in a friendly manner.

I fly to Europe for work occasionally. We had a trumper in our group on this trip last year during the election. We were talking to some ladies at this one bar and the trumper comes over and starts talking politics. We weren’t even talking that shit. He goes off hating on Hillary, Obama, some weird conspiracy theories about How Obama will use force to stay in power and refuse to step down and how trump is going to save America. He sounded hateful and ignorant. The women heard this shit and walked away. I really wasn’t trying to pick these women up but we were having a pleasant conversation.

We ask him why he did that. His response was, you weren’t going fuck them anyway. We told him that’s not the point. Later I saw the women and asked them why they left. They said it was because of the angry American in our group.

Back