Let's remember Chuck Liddell...A masterful LHW MMA fighter.

He brought in a lot of new fans that I personally know of. They liked that he wasn’t rolling around on the floor. Eventually those fans became hardcore fans.

I swear we have many people working for mma orgs on here trying to get certain fighters names in the public eye.

And here I was thinking that ‘chuck with that look in his eyes’ was just a meme now. Turns out that fantasy is still alive and well in the minds of some.

I was a HUGE fan of Chucks for his entire career. When he got KO'd by Evans it was one of my saddest moments in UFC history. His wins over Cotoure and Tito were some of my favorite fights ever. That said, now coming back to maybe fight Tito and thinking he may get a fight with Jon Jones somewhere down the road is insane. I NEVER have rooted for Ortiz, but I may if they end up fighting. You had a great career Chuck, but it is OVER. Your chin didn't get stronger with age, give it up and find a new occupation.

I was a HUGE fan of Chucks for his entire career. When he got KO'd by Evans it was one of my saddest moments in UFC history. His wins over Cotoure and Tito were some of my favorite fights ever. That said, now coming back to maybe fight Tito and thinking he may get a fight with Jon Jones somewhere down the road is insane. I NEVER have rooted for Ortiz, but I may if they end up fighting. You had a great career Chuck, but it is OVER. Your chin didn't get stronger with age, give it up and find a new occupation.
The thread's about recognizing prime chuck.

Chuck still cracks Tito's skull today.

Jones, DC, Gus, Rumble, Glover etc would all beat Chuck

I agree, though I think Glover is a toss-up, prime vs. prime. I think prime Machida and probably Shogun (in a true prime vs. prime fight) would win, too. I just wrote about Gus vs. Chuck and some other stuff in another thread--I've pasted it below.

"I think Gus would beat Chuck. Tito and Randy had their moments against Chuck (Randy won their first fight), and Gus is taller/rangier than both, a much better boxer, and quite a good wrestler to boot. One reasons his TDs/wrestling are effective is you don't expect them like would from a Tito, Chuck, Cormier, etc.

If Chuck fought more strikers in his prime (instead of a steady diet of Tito, Randy, Babalu, Randleman, etc.) he may have developed a more diverse striking game. He had a kenpo background and a couple of head kick KOs early in his career. He broke Rich Franklin's arm with a kick in his final fight, and landed a big knee on Overeem. However, he relied more and more on pure boxing as his UFC career progressed. He did show some striking diversity in his fight with Wand (and final win), though."

Bottom line: Chuck is a legend, but more than 3 guys could beat him in his prime if you count modern fighters.

Jon Jones should show some respect after all Chuck was the first one to use now whats Jones's signature techniques, the eye pock.

after all Chuck was the first one to use now whats Jones's signature techniques, the eye pock.

John Hess and Gordeau disagree...although what they did was more like full eye rakes (gruesome).

He literally carried the Ufc at one point. A lot of revisionist history going on here.

The sports evolved. He's top 3 in greatness maybe. Actually no -- that's Jones, DC, Shogun. He's definitely not top 3 in fighting ability. Rumble does everything he does, better.

At peak form:

1) Jones *
2) DC
3) Rumble
4) Gus
5) Shogun
6) Rampage
7) Hendo *
8) Liddell
9) Wand
10) Randy
Jon PED Jones is a non-fighting coward who is about to be banned from MMA and already has all his "wins" nullified in the eyes of true fans of MMA.

Top 3 = Shogun, DC, and toss-up between Rampage and Liddell.

The Iceman liveth.

I'll always, always watch old Chuck fights. None better.

Jon PED Jones is a non-fighting coward who is about to be banned from MMA and already has all his "wins" nullified in the eyes of true fans of MMA.

Top 3 = Shogun, DC, and toss-up between Rampage and Liddell.
Prime "PED coward Jones" is the best LHW of all time.

I redid my list though. Machida and Rashad deserve to be up there ahead of Hendo.

Prime "PED coward Jones" is the best LHW of all time.

I redid my list though. Machida and Rashad deserve to be up there ahead of Hendo.
Both used PEDs. PED users will never be able to hold Liddell's jockstrap.

Liddell >>>>>> All PED users.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back