Let's remember Chuck Liddell...A masterful LHW MMA fighter.

Tough guy, great chin, dynamite in both hands, but masterful? ehhhhhhhhhh. pass.

Recognition of mastery is in the eye of the beholder.
I guess. You could say he mastered the technique of wild brawling, but masterful technique is the last thing on most fans minds when talking about Chuck. Its no slight to him, it just wasn't his style. He would tell you as much.

I know you love Chuck but he isn’t top 3 LHW of all time. He isn’t even top 5.

1. Jones
2. DC
3. Wand
4. Shogun
5. Rampage

Either way, war Chuck! A true legend of the sport

Chuck would struggle to be a top 10.

In no order (aside from Jones at #1)

Jones
DC
Shogun
Machida
Hendo
Rampage
Gus
Glover
Rashad
Rumble

All of these people would or have beaten Chuck.

He is by far the most overrated MMA fighter of all time, his UFC division was weaker than the current flyweight division.

Entertaining, yes for sure

Top fighter, not even close.

The myth of Chuck was destroyed after the UFC folded Pride.

1. Jones
2. DC
3. Wand
4. Shogun
5. Rampage

lol no

chuck is better than wanderlei by far

chuck beat wanderlei (spare me the crap of age, they were both over the hill and chuck beat him)

I'll say the same thing here that I did in the other chuck Liddel thread: he had great tdd, a granite chin, and a heavy hand, but his defense was shit. He blocked punches with his face until he landed the overhand. I'd put him maybe top ten today just due to chin and power, but not top five.

I'll say the same thing here that I did in the other chuck Liddel thread: he had great tdd, a granite chin, and a heavy hand, but his defense was shit. He blocked punches with his face until he landed the overhand. I'd put him maybe top ten today just due to chin and power, but not top five.
Chuck Liddell had excellent evasion and defense in his prime.

A true pugilist!

Solid fighter. Top 5 in his prime but was NEVER #1 and was always overrated. Great win to have on your resume but some people wanna act like he's an all time great like GSP, Fedor, Shogun, Big Nog, and Jones/ Silva (for those who don't care about PEDs)

We just had a guy fighting for the belt who was nothing but a wild brawler with cardio for 1 round, limited takedown defence and clueless off of his back.
You talking about Rumble? Imagine ever thinking this stupid while glorifying Chuck lol.

Chuck would struggle to be a top 10.

In no order (aside from Jones at #1)

Jones
DC
Shogun
Machida
Hendo
Rampage
Gus
Glover
Rashad
Rumble

All of these people would or have beaten Chuck.

He is by far the most overrated MMA fighter of all time, his UFC division was weaker than the current flyweight division.

Entertaining, yes for sure

Top fighter, not even close.

The myth of Chuck was destroyed after the UFC folded Pride.

Well that’s just bollocks

Jones, Rampage, Machida and Shogun are the only 4 I’d pick to beat a prime Chuck.

Gus fight could go either way, DC is a toss up, imo he loses to Chuck, he similar to Randy.

Hendo? Chuck Via decision or late KO.

Glover and Rashad beating a prime Chuck? Gtfo.

Chuck still cracks Tito's skull today.

Tito just cracked your "Chuck as a top 3 LHW" thesis. Chuck was solid in his day, but he wasn't even dominate over the best LHWs of the time. Rampage, Wand, Shogun, and even LHW Dan are better. In the modern era, Jones, DC, Rumble, Gus all smoke Chuck. Let it go. Jesus.

Liddell was always a bar room brawler IMO
very little technique, just wide winger shots.
looping overhand rights with short left hook.
most missed but when any connected, it was usually lights out.
never should have tried a comeback.

lol no

chuck is better than wanderlei by far

chuck beat wanderlei (spare me the crap of age, they were both over the hill and chuck beat him)

Chuck never had the wars Wand had, and Chuck did not take vicious beatings and knockouts against Dan Henderson and Cro Cop, though.....

The Cro Cop fight finished Wand as a top fighter.

We had a "Cult of the Truck" where I watched his fights. He hit like a truck and could KO anyone anytime. Also, very few had the power it would take to phase him. WAR CHUCK! Prime Wand vs Chuck would have ended in Wand KO'd for sure.

Chuck never had the wars Wand had, and Chuck did not take vicious beatings and knockouts against Dan Henderson and Cro Cop, though.....

The Cro Cop fight finished Wand as a top fighter.
Chuck's only defense was his chin. It was a legendary chin until it was gone. Pride is lucky Rampage prevented Chuck from fighting Wand, or the business would have folded faster.

Did Chuck ever beat someone who started in the UFC the generation after him? Look at every win of his in the UFC and they were all against other fighters who started out around the same time.

I think Arona would have demolished Chuck too.

1. Jones
2. DC
3. Wand
4. Shogun
5. Rampage

Lol @ shogun on the list after saying chuck isn't top 5

Back