Let's remember Chuck Liddell...A masterful LHW MMA fighter.

John Hess and Gordeau disagree...although what they did was more like full eye rakes (gruesome).
Thats different those are eye gouge. Chuck disguise as a punch so look more like a accident.

Both used PEDs. PED users will never be able to hold Liddell's jockstrap.

Liddell >>>>>> All PED users.
Prime Forrest, Phil Davis, Bader, and Tito deserve to be up there ahead of Wand but after maybe Liddell. Anderson should be up on that list too.

He literally carried the Ufc at one point. A lot of revisionist history going on here.

That's certainly true. But that's totally different than saying prime Chuck would be Top 3 all-time (including modern fighters).

Both used PEDs. PED users will never be able to hold Liddell's jockstrap.

Liddell >>>>>> All PED users.

To be fair, Chuck was never under USADA (nor were Tito, Randy, etc.) Jones tested clean for many years under the same type of testing that Chuck did. And I won't even bring up Pride fighters who weren't tested at all.

Chuck is a legend for sure, but I have my all-time LHW rankings as this....

PED Fighters Removed:

1. Shogun
2. DC
3. Rampage
4. Gus
5. Rumble
6. Rashad
7. Chuck
8. Randy
9. Frank Shamrock
10. Tito

PED Users Included:

1. Jon Jones
2. Wand
3. Shogun
4. DC
5. Gus
6. Hendo
7. Machida
8. Rumble
9. Rashad
10. Chuck

To be fair, Chuck was never under USADA (nor were Tito, Randy, etc.) Jones tested clean for many years under the same type of testing that Chuck did. And I won't even bring up Pride fighters who weren't tested at all.
Assumption vs fact.

Jon PED Jones is a repeat offending PED using coward.

Chuck Liddell is a legend, a man of honour and respect, and a warrior. Qualities that Jon Steroids Jones does not have an ounce of.

Jones, DC, Gus, Rumble, Glover etc would all beat Chuck

The first four I would probably pick over him, not sure about glover and who would your "etc" be?

I would point out the guys you listed have all been around for over half a decade, surely if evolution is that rapid they should have been surpassed by now?

Chuck is a legend for sure, but I have my all-time LHW rankings as this....

PED Fighters Removed:

1. Shogun
2. DC
3. Rampage
4. Gus
5. Rumble
6. Rashad
7. Chuck
8. Randy
9. Frank Shamrock
10. Tito

PED Users Included:

1. Jon Jones
2. Wand
3. Shogun
4. DC
5. Gus
6. Hendo
7. Machida
8. Rumble
9. Rashad
10. Chuck
Agree with your top 2. But the 3rd position is a tie between Rampage and Liddell imo. Liddell had more spectacular finishes. PED users are not fighters, they're cowards.

Assumption vs fact.

Jon PED Jones is a repeat offending PED using coward.

Chuck Liddell is a legend, a man of honour and respect, and a warrior. Qualities that Jon Steroids Jones does not have an ounce of.

That's not an assumption, that's a fact. Jones tested totally clean from 2008-2014. The same is true of Anderson (even longer), JDS and many other fighters. You're comparing apples and oranges if you don't consider how strict the testing is. There are basically 3 levels:

None: early UFC, Pride, Japan/Russia today
Some/limited: later UFC, Strikeforce, current Bellator (which has some very suspect fighters)
USADA: UFC since 2015

That's not an assumption, that's a fact. Jones tested totally clean from 2008-2014. The same is true of Anderson (even longer), JDS and many other fighters. You're comparing apples and oranges if you don't consider how strict the testing is. There are basically 3 levels:

None: early UFC, Pride, Japan/Russia today
Some/limited: later UFC, Strikeforce, current Bellator (which has some very suspect fighters)
USADA: UFC since 2015
Once a cheater, forever a cheater (Jones got busted twice, lol).

Cheaters never prosper.

Jones is a cowardly PED user about to be banned by USADA.

Iceman >>>>> PED Jones

Once a cheater, forever a cheater (Jones got busted twice, lol).

Cheaters never prosper.

Jones is a cowardly PED user about to be banned by USADA.

Iceman >>>>> PED Jones

Dude, the USADA tests for coke and other drugs that Chuck used to take before interviews (and man, he had some embarrassing ones!) No way he lasts for more than a couple of years of USADA testing.

Dude, the USADA tests for coke and other drugs that Chuck used to take before interviews (and man, he had some embarrassing ones!) No way he lasts for more than a couple of years of USADA testing.
Keep assuming, son.

What is clear in all those gifs is that he knew how to maximize his reach and hit hard at the end of his punch.

Agree with your top 2. But the 3rd position is a tie between Rampage and Liddell imo. Liddell had more spectacular finishes. PED users are not fighters, they're cowards.

Agreed, that's why I made a 2nd list!

Rampage is clearly above Chuck. It isn't even debatable. He smashed Chuck 2 times. Now there can be an argument for #4, but I ranked Gus, Rumble & Rashad ahead because I think Gus & Rimble KO any form of Chuck and Rashad already did.

Big fan here obviously. Chuck was a great fighter in his time. He was quick, heavy handed, had good reflexes and ability to counter strike in awkward positions, and was super aggressive. Once he hurt guys, he would go swarm them with brutal flurries. He was effective, but we did start to see what happened once he started facing the elite strikers of his day. He left openings and was a bit too sloppy. The more disciplined strikers like Rampage were able to capitalize and put him down. Rashad was much quicker and more explosive than Chuck, so he was also able to capitalize despite not being a high level striker. Those two guys destroyed his chin, and it was all down hill from there. Once his chin was gone his style was a recipe for disaster. That's why I don't want to see him make a comeback. He's very old and super shot.

Every thread need a idiot. Thanks for stepping up.

Ive always been respectful towards you so you dont need to call people idiots because they dont think Chuck Liddell was "masterful" he was a brawler who got out boxed by a team Oyama Rampage. He isnt and wasnt "masterful" so if you cant handle that then maybe your chin isnt built for posting online. Now go back to practicing your tornado kick, chump.

Back