Lance Pugmire: "Early projections for Canelo-Smith 250-300K PPV buys"

I still dont pick it to do that many PPVs, they arent very popular fighters. Im starting to think that even if GGG and Canelo get made it still wouldnt break a mil.
I agree. They should have fought this past weekend. I think this whole marinating excuse is just to avoid the fight. The skillet's already sizzling.

I said after the Cotto fight that Canelo would get fewer and fewer viewers every time out until he fights GGG. So far that's true, and it could get worse from here. It's obvious that fans are fed up with waiting for fights.

Yeah I think when people really want something and then get told to wait, especially being told outright how far off it is, they lose patients and interest.

I don't believe it's that high

How he hell ?

I predicted at most 150k similar to GGG and Lemieux was an exciting opponent

If that is true than Canelo is a true superstar

Hardly any promotion non ppv opponent

As good as the Kov/Ward fight is projected to be, I don't see it breaking 300K PPV.

I don't see it breaking 200K tbh... Even if it is a far, far superior fight. Combined, they lack the name recognition of Canelo.

How he hell ?

Lol.

How he hell ?

Only someone like you can spin BS like this. Perhaps you should apply for a job on Trumps campaign?

How he hell ?

Come on man, the numbers are awful lol.

Most of the usual Canelo apologists are missing from this thread. I bet they are waiting to regurgitate Oscar's spin on this.

I said tree fiddy. Who is this guy i dont know the name? Quality source?

Not that it matters. I dont think Canelo himself saw this selling well.

I wonder what the numbers would have been had this fight been held on a non-Mexican holiday?

I said tree fiddy. Who is this guy i dont know the name? Quality source?

Not that it matters. I dont think Canelo himself saw this selling well.
Really? According to Oscar Beefy was the top junior middleweight in the world. How could it not sell so well?

Come on man, the numbers are awful lol.
Maybe I am underestimating the drawing power

I really thought 150k check my past posts
And I based this on the drawing power of another combat sport and they promote heavily

Sorry maybe you guys really expected more and you guys are more in tune with the ppv market

I see this as a success

And I based this on the drawing power of another combat sport and they promote heavily

Sorry maybe you guys really expected more and you guys are more in tune with the ppv market

I see this as a success

L.O.L you are priceless man.

And by priceless I mean clueless.

Is this the guy that always lowballs the numbers? Or someone that gets the numbers correct?

If correct, pretty shtty tbh for our "superstar" of boxing.
No thats Rick Glaser lol

300k or less is most likely expected. Everyone I know in that guys every PPV and watches every PBC literally skilled this PPV

Pathetic numbers either way, and depending on the gate, Golden Boy lost a ton of money.

I see this as a success
Yeah maybe you're right. I have been picking way to high as of late. I thought CM punk would do 800k LMAO. I just thought Canelo, on a Mexican holiday, would bring in 400-500K at least on his name alone.

Really? According to Oscar Beefy was the top junior middleweight in the world. How could it not sell so well?
One of the most well known fighters out of that side of the pond . I think only Froch or Hatton has more popularity

=)

Back