Lance Pugmire: "Early projections for Canelo-Smith 250-300K PPV buys"

Nice try it's cute

Canelo this year did almost 600k ppv
,that makes him 2nd biggest male ppv superstar in 2016 in combat sports . Facts are facts last time I answer you on this subject it's obvious .
You are welcome for my time

The miocic/Overeem ppv is gonna beat the canelo/khan ppv. And the other miocic ppv beat the other canelo ppv. I guess Stipe is a bigger draw.

Canelo just isn't a mainstream superstar, I don't know why that bothers you so much. You're too insecure for your own good, stars have always been measured by PPV buys since the introduction of PPV.
No they haven't. If you want to measure how American stars do on American ppv than go ahead. But if Canelo is doing more viewers in Mexico than Conor is globally, how could Conor be bigger than Canelo?
The miocic/Overeem ppv is gonna beat the canelo/khan ppv. And the other miocic ppv beat the other canelo ppv. I guess Stipe is a bigger draw.

Would Miocic/Overeem do over 100k ppvs if they fought for WSOF?
They wouldn't do 50k.

Also as explained above, Canelo is clearly the bigger draw. Where could Stipe do 52k in attendance?

No they haven't. If you want to measure how American stars do on American ppv than go ahead. But if Canelo is doing more viewers in Mexico than Conor is globally, how could Conor be bigger than Canelo?

Would Miocic/Overeem do over 100k ppvs if they fought for WSOF?
They wouldn't do 50k.

Also as explained above, Canelo is clearly the bigger draw. Where could Stipe do 52k in attendance?
Nobody cares about Canelo except Mexicans, not even Mexican-Americans care about him. People carea about MCGregor in Ireland, Brazil, USA & the UK.

The UFC is just waiting for the only demographic that's still loyal to boxing to get pissed off, that will be the last nail in the coffin for boxing. No hate here just being real, Mexicans are keeping the sport alive. I live in Europe and hardly anybody here knows who Canelo is, I have friends in the UK and it's the same thing there. Canelo just isn't a superstar, without his heritage he'd be nothing, just look at his PPV numbers when he tries to carry a PPV, the numbers just aren't there.
I think Canelo would have done better but suffered some backlash for ducking GGG and fighting another fighter he was heavily favored to beat. He has an exciting style that's easy to sell but if people feel they're being taken for a ride every fight they are going to make a stand.

Seeing as his last two fights were against popular British fighters I find it hard to believe he's unknown in the UK. Maybe you're just talking to people who aren't boxing fans.

Canelo will eventually fight GGG but he doesn't want to get his ass kicked before building the payday to its fullest capacity.

Surely he knows he is going to get demolished.
It looks more like he's after easy paydays more than building up the fight at MW. Hopefully his next fight isn't against such a big underdog.

They get those PPV numbers because UFC is oriented towards the PPV market and has a huge fanbase that will buy no matter what simply because it's UFC.

The UFC has what, around 8 stacked UFC PPVs a year where almost all the relevant fight in the entire MMA take place. If you'd stack all the relevant fights in boxing on 8 huge cards then those cards would generate crazy numbers as well.

For example if you'd put all the relevant boxing fights in September on one big UFC-style card that's GGG vs Brook, Canelo vs Smith, Usyk vs Glowacki, Crolla vs Linares, Chocolatito vs Cuadras and that Naoya Inoue fight on one single card that would generate huge interest globally (because a lot of those fighters are big names in their own countries) not just on American PPV market. Then for October-November PPV you'd have Ward vs Kovalev, Pacquiao vs Vargas, Nonito, Parker, Braehmer vs Cleverly, Tony Bellew, Quigg and Anthony Joshua on the same card.

UFC "stars" benefit from the UFC format. The only active fighter who'd sell big on his own is Conor.
The talent in boxing is spread among too many promoters and sanctioning bodies to have PPV cards stacked that way. Also boxers get a bigger cut of the pie so I'm not sure that economically it's even feasable.

The talent in boxing is spread among too many promoters and sanctioning bodies to have PPV cards stacked that way. Also boxers get a bigger cut of the pie so I'm not sure that economically it's even feasable.

That's because it's the bigger sport. If MMA was as big as boxing UFC wouldn't be able to control everything either.

It will be competitive in 2017 and in 2018 you think GGG is the favorite

Assuming Canelo doesn't lose
GGG is looking more vulnerable
If they wait til 2018 to fight I'm boycotting that PPV. Whether it's Danny or GGG Canelo should make that fight by next year. Or if he can still make weight then just stay at JMW. There are still good fights for him there.

Nobody cares about Canelo except Mexicans, not even Mexican-Americans care about him. People carea about MCGregor in Ireland, Brazil, USA & the UK.
Yea 52k in Texas against a no-namer, yet no one cares

I love watching the butthurt flow, Canelo being heralded as some superstar is beyond a joke. Guy can't even sell PPVs.

I love watching the butthurt flow, Canelo being heralded as some superstar is beyond a joke. Guy can't even sell PPVs.

Ok this is embarrassing , I hate seeing this kind of self loathing and feel bad so I'll just give you a heads up my friend . Everyone can see right through you

hiding_behind_a_mask_by_saerahhaytch.jpg

Just work on yourself trust me you will improve there is a light

Last edited:
Yea guy makes more money than Conor and pulls in bigger ratings but hes not a superstar.

Yea guy makes more money than Conor and pulls in bigger ratings but hes not a superstar.
Check the highest paid athletes list for this year, McGregor is higher than Canelo. He pulls in bigger ratings but he doesn't bring in bigger PPV buyrates.

Check the highest paid athletes list for this year, McGregor is higher than Canelo. He pulls in bigger ratings but he doesn't bring in bigger PPV buyrates.
You can't because the year is not done.
Also McGregor doesn't make what you're about to claim he makes.

You can't because the year is not done.
Also McGregor doesn't make what you're about to claim he makes.
I'm not claiming anything, Forbes and other reputable media outlets are. And they're more credible than you or I. If I can't look at it then how did I already do it?

Canelo got a huge demotion in pay after his PPV against Khan bombed, he'll get another demotion after this one bombed even worse.

Who fought more times?

Oh.

Who fought more times?

Oh.
Don't blame me because boxings biggest "star" is protected.

Canelo has fought twice.

McGregor has fought twice.

Canelo keeps getting his pay lowered.

McGregor keeps getting his pay raised.

Oh.

Don't blame me because boxings biggest "star" is protected.

Canelo has fought twice.

McGregor has fought twice.

Canelo keeps getting his pay lowered.

McGregor keeps getting his pay raised.

Oh.
The Forbes article used a comparison of a time when Conor had fought more than Canelo but alright.

Guess you didnt grasp our conversation very well.

Back