LA Teen Killed By Bouncing Bullet Trying To Stop Dog From Attacking Police

Am I allowed to shoot a dog if I feel it poses a threat? I'm just curious because it seems cops have free reign to shoot dogs whenever. I get in this case that it bit them but they usually shoot without being bit?

Is this a right that extends to everyone?

Had a guy at my local dog park pull out gun and execute this pit playing with his dog. All eye witness testimony said the dogs were just playing. The guy saw it as a threat and blasted this dog away. Nothing was done to the man.

heard two attack stories in my neighborhood by fellow dog walkers. Both aggressive dogs were pitbulls with owners that insisted they were friendly.

A fire extinguisher is a damn good dog stopper. Its usually my go to if im gonna be dealing with an angry pup.

Not a can of pepper spray, it gets everywhere and on every one. Also shooting at a dog is tough as hell unless you are going to contact shot it.

We had a cop, former marine k9 handler taze a pit. Worked pretty good.

You just gave ammunition to some twats that will believe not only must you carry 15 lbs of shit on your belt and wear a heavy vest, but now you need to carry a fire extinguisher on every call in case there's a dog, and a medical kit for anyone caught in the effects of the extinguisher.

The general public is completely unrealistic in their expectations.

i normally love to slam cops for acting like retards but this one was just a straight up freak occurrence.

I NEVER trust pitbulls. and by that i mean other peoples pitbulls. any dog can bite but not many of them can truly fuck you up like a healthy pitbull can. Im old school though. i dont believe in ownership in anything you cant physically control. When i see some 135lb soccor mom walking her Mastiff i always laugh.

I can't understand a thing the mother is saying. Sounds like he had been in prison or some shit.

I don't feel terrible. Idiots with dangerous dogs doing stupid things, and winning stupid prizes like bouncing bullets.

I don't dispute that the problem was caused by the inability to control a dangerous animal. There's still plenty of room for pity.

I don't dispute that the problem was caused by the inability to control a dangerous animal. There's still plenty of room for pity.

If he decided on a Pitt, and then raised a violent and dangerous dog he probably would raise violent children.

Nothing of value was lost.

You just gave ammunition to some twats that will believe not only must you carry 15 lbs of shit on your belt and wear a heavy vest, but now you need to carry a fire extinguisher on every call in case there's a dog, and a medical kit for anyone caught in the effects of the extinguisher.

Fuck you. Police should be able to grab a dog with one hand and choke it to death. I saw it on Friday. You're just a goddamn racist patriarchal Russian

If I had a dog that i thought would maul a child I would put it down before it ever had the chance.
And that's what seperates family member from a dog. You simply can't put down a family member just because they went crazy...dogs you can.

I agree on the unrealistic expectations. Just giving what has worked for me in the past.

Sometimes the only thing you have is a firearm or its all you have time for.

heard two attack stories in my neighborhood by fellow dog walkers. Both aggressive dogs were pitbulls with owners that insisted they were friendly.
I've only seen one pitbull in my street so far. I don't know the owner but he seems responsible. He walks his dog with muzzles. Dog owners should know nothing's more dangerous than a money-hungry lawyer....

One of my coworkers medically retired from the force after he was bitten by a damn pit bull. He was dispatched to a domestic violence call and the pit's owner intentionally released the pit on my coworker. I still don't know why he didn't blast the pit in the face with a bullet, but he didn't. Pit destroyed his right arm(shooting arm)

If he decided on a Pitt, and then raised a violent and dangerous dog he probably would raise violent children.

Nothing of value was lost.

Holy shit, what an asshole.

A dog bitting strangers at 3:00 AM means you raised a violent dog?

And that's what seperates family member from a dog. You simply can't put down a family member just because they went crazy...dogs you can.

I agree that dogs aren't the same as a blood family member. However I disagree that you can't also put down a family member.

Pitbulls aren't ticking time bombs that go crazy, they are however highly protective and territorial, great for protecting your house but bad for being around strangers and other animals.

Pitbulls aren't ticking time bombs that go crazy, they are however highly protective and territorial, great for protecting your house but bad for being around strangers and other animals.
You're not selling this well

Back