LA Teen Killed By Bouncing Bullet Trying To Stop Dog From Attacking Police

TheStruggle

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies accidentally shot and killed a teenager in Palmdale early Thursday when their bullets bounced off the ground as they opened fire on an aggressive dog, sheriff’s officials said.

The 17-year-old was struck in the chest by at least one “skip” round several yards from the deputies, who may not have noticed the teenager in the darkness when they fired several rounds at a charging pit bull just after 3:40 a.m., officials said.

Moments earlier, the dog had bitten one of the deputies in the knee and the teenager had restrained the animal so that it wouldn’t attack again. The deputy bitten by the dog was also struck by a fragment of a bullet that bounced off the ground in the shooting.

A family member identified the teen as Armando Garcia, who had attended R. Rex Parris High School in Palmdale.

Authorities said deputies had gone to an apartment complex in the 38500 block of 10th Street East around 3:40 a.m. in response to a call about a loud party. As they arrived, a pit bull charged at them and bit one of the deputies in the left knee, Bergner said.

The teenager, restrained the animal and brought it to the rear of the complex, which was around a corner, Bergner said. Meanwhile, the deputies retreated from the home to call for backup and medical units, who arrived and checked on the bitten deputy’s injuries.

At some point, the pit bull broke free and charged at the deputies again.

Bergner said the dog was a full-grown male that weighed 60 to 65pounds and was five to seven feet away from the deputies when they opened fire.

The dog was struck and retreated to a carport area at the rear of the complex, the Sheriff’s Department said. Deputies decided to try to corral the dog to prevent anyone else from being attacked, but as they approached the carport they saw the boy on the ground wounded.

Deputies provided medical aid before paramedics arrived and took him to Antelope Valley Hospital, where he died.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-palmdale-deputy-shooting-20170622-story,amp.html

Mexicans and their pitbulls, SMH.

I can understand the family's inevitable rage but... I don't know how you can spin this as anything but a freak accident

I can understand the family's inevitable rage but... I don't know how you can spin this as anything but a freak accident

You could make an argument that they shouldnt be using guns on dogs, they move too fast and the risk of shooting bystanders increases.

They should carry bearspray with them.

tragic story

i dont think that the kid in anyway deserved it, he was just a child. but fuck pit bull owners. please just stop, no mas. if the family didnt have a 60 lb pit bull that was running around biting cops, nobody wouldve been shot. the kids parents also shouldnt have let their 17 year old son chase down a raging pit at 4am on a school night. this was completely preventable. i dont blame the cops, they were right to try to shoot the dog, it was just a tragic turn of chance that made it skip into the child

tragic story

i dont think that the kid in anyway deserved it, he was just a child. but fuck pit bull owners. please just stop, no mas. if the family didnt have a 60 lb pit bull that was running around biting cops, nobody wouldve been shot. this was completely preventable. i dont blame the cops, they were right to try to shoot the dog, it was just a tragic turn of chance that made it skip into the child

" But my dog dont bite mang, he is just playing"

" But my dog dont bite mang, he is just playing"

"my dog would never hurt a fly, its the owner not the breed" or "*sarcasticaly posts picture of dog posing in a cute way or sitting next to child* look how dangerous this dog is!!"

then a few months later

"oh my god, im so sorry. hes never acted like this before! hes never shown any aggression! theres no way anyone couldve predicted that he would do this!"

This will eventually lead to rouge cops carrying a "drop" pit bull.

You know, under a white towel in the trunk. Right next to the switchblades, Jennings .25s and tiny baggies of boo.

"my dog would never hurt a fly, its the owner not the breed" or "*sarcasticaly posts picture of dog posing in a cute way or sitting next to child* look how dangerous this dog is!!"

then a few months later

"oh my god, im so sorry. hes never acted like this before! hes never shown any aggression! theres no way anyone couldve predicted that he would do this!"

Pretty much this.

All dogs can bite period.

what do you expect when you decide to have a ticking time-bomb as a pet?

So long as we citizens can also unintentionally kill others, after discharging our firearms in public spaces to protect ourselves against attacking dogs, I'm good. Otherwise it sounds like negligent homicide.

So long as we citizens can also unintentionally kill others, after discharging our firearms in public spaces to protect ourselves against attacking dogs, I'm good. Otherwise it sounds like negligent homicide.
You can do that ding dong

You could make an argument that they shouldnt be using guns on dogs, they move too fast and the risk of shooting bystanders increases.

They should carry bearspray with them.

Maybe but it says the dog already bit one of the officers and while he was being treated it broke loose and attacked again. I think at that point anyone would shoot it cops or not.

Definitely not your standard "triggerhappy cop shoots family poodle" story.

Last edited:
Back