LA Teen Killed By Bouncing Bullet Trying To Stop Dog From Attacking Police

Nope, that dog should be on a leash. I don't know its intentions, when it comes running up to me

This.

I love dogs ( but I don't trust pits mostly because of their owners) but if a dog runs up and attacks me or my dogs (that are on a leash) I will shoot it. Which will piss me off to no end because I had to kill a dog because of its stupid owner.

As to the OP it's a shame but it looks like it was a no win situation.

Suspect that it can stop a grizzly bear but cant stop a pit.

so i guess that settles it then.

Game pit > Grizzly bear.
Doesn't stop all bears according to at least four articles that come up when you google does bear spray work. So that's a gamble there. Someone told a story about using it on a dog. So that is the best evidence but if it stops most bears it probably will stop most dogs. Range of 25 feet though. So if it doesn't work or you miss how you getting your gun out? Plus now cops have bear spray on their belts? Anything else? We going for full on batman pouches? Unrealistic. Fuck the dog. Fuck the people that own the dog. Put the blame where it goes

How many minutes of being mauled before the cop can shoot the dog btw? 25? Three hours?

Is that a thing in LA?

Its mainly poor non-Caribbean blacks here.

Dont know about LA, but pitbulls are quite popular in my city, its not even the poor guys, i see upper middle class individuals spending hundreds of dollars into their pitbulls.

I would say at least half the breed dogs in my city are pitbulls and 1/4th are chihuahuas.

And of course none of those pitbulls bite, they are just playful pups SMFH.

Doesn't stop all bears according to at least four articles that come up when you google does bear spray work. So that's a gamble there. Someone told a story about using it on a dog. So that is the best evidence but if it stops most bears it probably will stop most dogs. Range of 25 feet though. So if it doesn't work or you miss how you getting your gun out? Plus now cops have bear spray on their belts? Anything else? We going for full on batman pouches? Unrealistic. Fuck the dog. Fuck the people that own the dog. Put the blame where it goes

It says its far more effective at stopping bears than hunting rifles are, with a 95%+ chance of leaving uninjured against 50% of a rifle, so its a much better number than trying to shoot a fast mobile dog IMO.

Also in this case a teenager was shot, it could had been an innocent bystander.

So many questions. After feeling sad a 17 year old is dead. I wondered what sort of people let 17 year olds out at 4am to chase a pitbull round the street. The answer is irresponsible parents and irresponsible dog owners.

You could make an argument that they shouldnt be using guns on dogs, they move too fast and the risk of shooting bystanders increases.

They should carry bearspray with them.
We hear stories of dogs being shot by police from many first-world nations, including those in which every police officer has some sort of pepper spray with them.
Now, I won't assume that any monopolistic part of the state has definitely figured out the most efficient solution to their problems (why would they) but at least in the case of animals attacking them, it would probably be in their self-interest and it's not exactly an uncommon situation.
Don't you think that they most likely already evaluated those options and came to the conclusion that guns are still the safest bet?
I think part of what makes rifles inefficient against bears is that you can hit them and they still won't stop and run at you.
I guess that's unlikely with dog-sized animals.

The thing with all big dog breeds especially pits and Staffordshire Bull terriers is the damage to the target. I've had both breeds and they are my favourite breed of dog but to suggest they're not dangerous dogs is niave at best.

Ive personally witnessed the damage they can inflict on a target. It's rather scary.

Lots of Mexicans and Blacks here have pitbulls, they always walk them around with a flashy chain collar and chain leash.

Am I allowed to shoot a dog if I feel it poses a threat? I'm just curious because it seems cops have free reign to shoot dogs whenever. I get in this case that it bit them but they usually shoot without being bit?

Is this a right that extends to everyone?

Feel bad for the family their son is dead in a completely freak accident...

But WHY THE FUCK IS A PITBULL JUST RUNNING LOOSE LIKE THAT?

I know the stats read that more people are bit by like Chihuahuas and other shit tier rat dogs but their bites won't fucking destroy you the way a pitbull or other large breed can.

Every pitbull I have met personally has been friendly as fuck and would tackle you to lick you to death or beat you to death with it's tail but you can SEE the power they have in their jaws with how their fucking jaw muscles almost pop.

Like, my family has had two Akitas and I also love Malamutes. Those dogs if they wanted to could do a ton of damage and my last Akita could almost pull me over in his prime while I was walking him on a leash (I'm 6'4" and over 300lbs and this Akita was only around 100lbs) but even the biggest Malamutes I have seen don't have that crazy muscle pop/pump in their jaws that pitbulls have.

Pitbulls were bred initially for one thing and one thing only, fighting. If an owner can control them, and train them well, and take care of them well they're fucking incredibly friendly and nice dogs. But so many goddamn shitheads own them and then shit like this happens.

It says its far more effective at stopping bears than hunting rifles are, with a 95%+ chance of leaving uninjured against 50% of a rifle, so its a much better number than trying to shoot a fast mobile dog IMO.

Also in this case a teenager was shot, it could had been an innocent bystander.
The problem with rifles and bears is the layer of fat that bears have.

I have heard stories that if you don't use essentially a slow enough bullet the bullet will sometimes pass through the bear and the fucking fat closes up on the wound and slows the bleeding down considerably.

We hear stories of dogs being shot by police from many first-world nations, including those in which every police officer has some sort of pepper spray with them.
Now, I won't assume that any monopolistic part of the state has definitely figured out the most efficient solution to their problems (why would they) but at least in the case of animals attacking them, it would probably be in their self-interest and it's not exactly an uncommon situation.
Don't you think that they most likely already evaluated those options and came to the conclusion that guns are still the safest bet?
I think part of what makes rifles inefficient against bears is that you can hit them and they still won't stop and run at you.
I guess that's unlikely with dog-sized animals.
No they are not as smart as rod

Am I allowed to shoot a dog if I feel it poses a threat? I'm just curious because it seems cops have free reign to shoot dogs whenever. I get in this case that it bit them but they usually shoot without being bit?

Is this a right that extends to everyone?
Yes. Why would you wait until you are bitten? You stupid?

Shitty story all around, feel bad for everyone involved.

Don't know why the family had their dog running loose like that.

Sick of people saying "any dog can bite." Guess fucking what, pit bulls bite and attack at a disproportionately higher rate and ferocity.

Yea but is that because of how they were breed or because they are known as fighting dogs and the dog to have if your in the hood which is going to massively increase your chances of having a shitty owner.

Back