Korean Zombie reveals he's only making $ 20,000 for UFC 163 Title Bout: NEW INTERVIEW

I don't feel these opinions on fighter pay are anything to do with the UFC and Dana though, and more to do with people working long hours for shit pay and not having a leg to stand on when asking for a pay rise because they knew what they would be paid when they accepted the job.

I agree that $20k for a title fight is obscenely low, but I am also not convinced that's all he will be paid for it when all is said and done.

The problem is, the UFC wants to convey itself as a legit and a "professional organization" yet they couldn't write a new contract with KZ as soon as the fight was announced? They might not even renegotiate until after the fight. So let's say hypo., KZ loses, and there's no otn bonuses, on paper it'll just say 20k after all his efforts not to mention expenses... That makes the UFC look real shady to a lot of unassuming eyes. Bad PR like the other guy said... No doubt.

The problem is, the UFC wants to convey itself as a legit and a "professional organization" yet they couldn't write a new contract with KZ as soon as it was announced? They might not even renegotiate until after the fight. So let's say hypo., KZ loses, and there's no otn bonuses, on paper it'll just say 20k after all his efforts not to mention expenses... That makes the UFC look real shady to a lot of unassuming eyes. Bad PR like the other guy said... No doubt.

KZ said that he has two more fight before he can negotiate. If he loses against Aldo and loses another fight, he'll probably get even less money.

UFC's a scam, a monopoly, a slave industry, that needs to be put to an end.

How would I know? I'm not a promoter or an agent.

Wow, I bet you're captain of your high school debate team with arguments like that.

I'll carry this discussion on with posters who are capable of independent thought.

KZ said that he has two more fight before he can negotiate. If he loses against Aldo and loses another fight, he'll probably get even less money.

I'm on KZ's side on this but you make the rest of us look bad.

A slave industry? Do you even know what that means?

The problem is, the UFC wants to convey itself as a legit and a "professional organization" yet they couldn't write a new contract with KZ as soon as the fight was announced? They might not even renegotiate until after the fight. So let's say hypo., KZ loses, and there's no otn bonuses, on paper it'll just say 20k after all his efforts not to mention expenses... That makes the UFC look real shady to a lot of unassuming eyes. Bad PR like the other guy said... No doubt.

If he loses, then too bad. Not everyone can be a UFC champion. But at least he's getting a title shot. The UFC could've very easily have given it to Lamas. KZ was chosen over Lamas who's an English-speaking fighter that's 5-0 in the UFC and has fought more recently than KZ.

Wow, I bet you're captain of your high school debate team with arguments like that.

I'll carry this discussion on with posters who are capable of independent thought.

Then why don't you tell me just how much he should be paid then? And LOL at you insinuating this thread is filled with independent thought and relevant arguments. All I see is a bunch of people complaining about stuff they know nothing about.

So his contract by that technicality, will leave him making the same money, even if he beats Aldo... He's got one more fight left to go after that, but in all honesty, his contract probably would be negotiated after he won, but the UFC has Jung by his balls by negotiating after the fact, because it's up to the UFC to decide in how much he receives, whether if he wins or loses, and there are no guarantees with having an old contract when it comes to fighting for the title. UFC is strong arming the KZ here with money imo...

KZ obviously has no rights or options with what happens when he wins or loses against Aldo. No guarantees and Jung is getting rammed in the ass, while UFC can do whatever it feels like it can do... It's sad because it couldn't have happened to a nicer and humble guy...

Hopefully, nice guys finish first this time... WAR KZ!!!

Then why don't you tell me just how much he should be paid then? And LOL at you insinuating this thread is filled with independent thought and relevant arguments.

I think 50/50 would be ok, I'm not asking for anything astronomical, just a little more palatable.

I disagree, I think alot of the people defending the UFC on fighter pay are doing it because they will defend the UFC on whatever issue is brought up. Because of how much their fandom affects their judgement, they can't see any other way to think.

Like I said, I'm sure there are some honest defenders out there but I think a large portion of them are doing it because it's what they've been conditioned to do so.

conditioned? you really think the UFC is that powerful an influence? I figured social conditioning would take longer.

all this zuffa zombie/shill stuff just gets lame every time someone doesn't agree with a poster and supports a UFC decision. I am sure some are delusional fanboys but they would be that way about Britney Spears or Orlando Bloom if that is what they were into. If anything, I'd say sherdog members have more influence on their opinions than the UFC, with many posting something that they don't believe, but that they know will get quoted and allow them to troll.

be interesting to see what KZ says about his pay AFTER the fight

So his contract by that technicality, will leave him making the same money, even if he beats Aldo... He's got one more fight left to go after that, but in all honesty, his contract probably would be negotiated after he won, but the UFC has Jung by his balls by negotiating after the fact, because it's up to the UFC to decide in how much he receives, whether if he wins or loses, and there are no guarantees with having an old contract when it comes to fighting for the title. UFC is strong arming the KZ here with money imo...

Are you really suggesting the UFC is trying to short change Jung? If so, then you must believe Chris Weidman got jipped, too.

If he loses, then too bad. Not everyone can be a UFC champion. But at least he's getting a title shot. The UFC could've very easily have given it to Lamas. KZ was chosen over Lamas who's an English-speaking fighter that's 5-0 in the UFC and has fought more recently than KZ.

What's wrong with you? You troll just about every poster in here... I think you may have the recorded the most trolls in such a very short period of time... Bravo, and congratulations, you did it buddy...

MMA is just as big as soccer according to Dana...

national soccer team players individually
(not even at the highest level yet) get payed around 300.000 a year

again, these aren't even in the Champions League or the UEFA league

KZ gets 20.000 to fight Aldo at the highest MMA level in the world

disgusting

UFC /= Soccer

you guys are fucking stupid. Seriously.

What is to defend? He signed the contract, he knew exactly what he would be getting paid. He could have chosen to do something different with his time if he didn't want to accept the UFC's contract.

like Fedor?

conditioned? you really think the UFC is that powerful an influence? I figured social conditioning would take longer.

all this zuffa zombie/shill stuff just gets lame every time someone doesn't agree with a poster and supports a UFC decision. I am sure some are delusional fanboys but they would be that way about Britney Spears or Orlando Bloom if that is what they were into. If anything, I'd say sherdog members have more influence on their opinions than the UFC, with many posting something that they don't believe, but that they know will get quoted and allow them to troll.

be interesting to see what KZ says about his pay AFTER the fight

I certainly do. The way Dana talks so much shit about pretty much everyone but the UFC (Spike TV after Spike were a big reason why the UFC ever got big, ESPN after ESPN broadcasts all UFC events in the UK and has done MMA-related broadcasting for years etc.) and that's all the UFC fans hear is negative opinions about everything that's not the UFC and as a result never near any different viewpoints, and buy into everything Dana espouses as the truth.

I think conditioning may have been the wrong word, but it's certainly similar after seeing how well the UFC puts out a certain message and you get thousands of fans believing it (Fedor never fought anyone after 2005, Overeem's not a Top 10 fighter, and many more examples) and parroting it everywhere they go.

Are you really suggesting the UFC is trying to short change Jung? If so, then you must believe Chris Weidman got jipped, too.

That was one of the most pathetic argument I have heard in a while. Everyone knows Weidman got paid, and to have that as an argument in simple terms is weak... What's wrong with you, you have so much hatred towards posters, and your a slight off... jmo

That was one of the most pathetic argument I have heard in a while. Everyone knows Weidman got paid, and to have that as an argument in simple terms is weak... What's wrong with you, you have so much hatred towards posters, and your a slight off... jmo

dont bother responding to that troll. Hes just trying to cement his place as P4P most retarded person on sherdog

Back