Korean Zombie reveals he's only making $ 20,000 for UFC 163 Title Bout: NEW INTERVIEW

thats pretty sad to hear... he's one of the most exciting fighters to watch. i really hope zuffa gives him a fat locker room bonus.

Well he should count himself lucky that he's not Antonio Banuelos who only got 8k.

Yeah he gets 20k to show up for one night. Yes he dumps at least two months a year for each camp, so 10k a month is sweet money. Plus he's not including the win bonus that is in his contract. Sponsors love him and there are added bonuses which he always seems to get (KOTN, SOTN, FOTN etc). He should whine less, he's terrible at it and his job is fighting anyhow - which he happens to be good at.

He never complained, he was just stating how much he was getting. Plus, he opened a gym from the bonuses to supplement his income since he hasn't fought in awhile and he's only paid to fight.

Wow, what a revelation. And... your point is?

they simply dont understand what a fighter sacrifices, through how much pain and sweat he goes through and how much money he has to spend for competition, hence most sherdoggers dont understand why fighters would complain about their salary.

Sorry If my point wasnt obvious.

they simply dont understand what a fighter sacrifices, through how much pain and sweat he goes through and how much money he has to spend for competition, hence most sherdoggers dont understand why fighters would complain about their salary.

Sorry If my point wasnt obvious.

It was indeed obvious, and I understand the frustration, but it's equally befuddling to me when someone comes to a forum with 10's of thousands of people and make the point that "you aren't a fighter." No shit sherlock, but if armchair quarterbacking and maniacal drivel wasn't a part of sports culture, there would be no professional sports. Just my opinion. Feel free to ignore it.

It was indeed obvious, and I understand the frustration, but it's equally befuddling to me when someone comes to a forum with 10's of thousands of people and make the point that "you aren't a fighter." No shit sherlock, but if armchair quarterbacking and maniacal drivel wasn't a part of sports culture, there would be no professional sports. Just my opinion. Feel free to ignore it.

Nah I understand I was just upsed about St0neHand5 trolling and dumb fucking comments all over the place.
Its all cool

What a bad night for the man. He stated before that unless he wins those nightly bonuses then he pretty much doesn't make anything because of all his expenses fighting out of Asia.

He loses the fight.

He gets hurt bad enough that they are saying he could be out up to a year.

He doesn't get a bonus.

But I'm sure Dana White gave him a blank check in the locker room after the fight. Isn't that how it goes?

Of course some people will walk in this thread and act like most MMA fighters are getting paid a shit ton of money. I saw one stat that showed the lowest paid WNBA players who makes around 35,000 a year makes more than some UFC fighters. That's just laughable.

Nah I understand I was just upsed about St0neHand5 trolling and dumb fucking comments all over the place.
Its all cool

Glad to hear it. Apologies if I came off like an ass, but this is after a title fight after all. We're all a little on edge.

Its all cool

I'm still on your idiot list, I see. Enjoying those double yellow cards? :icon_lol:

He's making WAY too much. He can buy so much food with this money, and he's getting to live out his dream fighting in the octagon. No one's forcing him to fight. This is way better than most people's jobs.

Everything UFC does is right and no one should complain about it.

Back