Korean Zombie reveals he's only making $ 20,000 for UFC 163 Title Bout: NEW INTERVIEW

Hufusopem

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
winkz.jpg

How much fight money are you receiving for this fight?

I will be making 20,000 dollars to show, and another 20,000 dollars if I win. I do not get any PPV points. After 2 more fights, I will be able to negotiate my contract. Hopefully, I will be in a good position when that happens.

I believe I am a very popular fighter, but I do not make a lot of money. There is definitely a problem with that. MMA was at its peak in South Korea when Hong Man Choi fought Fedor Emelianenko. Hong Man Choi was a huge star in South Korea; there isn

Ouch, that's even less than what Weidman got and he hasn't fought in quite a while to boot.

Does he at least have good sponsors?

Wow thats fucked up. Paulie and Broner just made over a million each and paulie isnt that entertaining at all.

Boxing is where people should be fighting if they want real money

UFC is greedy and doesn't treat it's fighters well. UFC should be ashamed.

We all know he's getting at least $1m in "locker room bonuses", so stop complaining!

We all know he's getting at least $1m in "locker room bonuses", so stop complaining!

:icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee or mysterious backroom PPV goodies. This card and the UFC is getting unprecedented attention in South Korea because of Jung.

$20,000 after expenses, means Jung is probably only pocketing $10,000. Can't wait to see how the "fans" defend Zuffa.

That's less than Tim Kennedy. And Tim is the one who cries loudly

:icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee or mysterious backroom PPV goodies. This card and the UFC is getting unprecedented attention in South Korea because of Jung.

$20,000 after expenses, means Jung is probably only pocketing $10,000. Can't wait to see how the "fans" defend Zuffa.

What is to defend? He signed the contract, he knew exactly what he would be getting paid. He could have chosen to do something different with his time if he didn't want to accept the UFC's contract.

he also gets billions from his sponsors as sponsot tax is giving him the best sponsors possible.

Furthermore he doesnt have to sign the contract if he doesnt like it, deal with it you dont have to be a fighter.

Also hes getting paid 20k only for 25minutes of fighting. Tax, gym fee etc. are just peanuts for this guy anyways.

Rich people want more moeny zzz. I am a student and I work my butt off to get 400$ in a month he really should stop complaining omg

What is to defend? He signed the contract, he knew exactly what he would be getting paid. He could have chosen to do something different with his time if he didn't want to accept the UFC's contract.

UFC is a monopoly if you want a good career you have to go through them. dont act like the UFC is helping him out. He got low balled to fight for the UFC.

I wish more people would leave them or unionize

Keep him hungry

I have never heard a fat successful Korean residing in south of the border.

anyone who sides with the UFC on fighter pay sides with the devil.

The UFC biggest trick was to convince the world that fighter pay is totally ok in corelation to what Zuffa earns.

he also gets billions from his sponsors as sponsot tax is giving him the best sponsors possible.

Furthermore he doesnt have to sign the contract if he doesnt like it, deal with it you dont have to be a fighter.

Also hes getting paid 20k only for 25minutes of fighting. Tax, gym fee etc. are just peanuts for this guy anyways.

Rich people want more moeny zzz. I am a student and I work my butt off to get 400$ in a month he really should stop complaining omg

This doesnt even make sense

I wish the UFC would publicise its accounts.

WTF? No PPV money? All contenders fighting for the belt should get at least get some PPV points. Shit aint right...

Back