1. Come join Sherdog.com writers Ant Walker and Jason Burgos for a live video chat series titled "The Trenches," LIVE NOW!

Khabib threatens to Leave UFC if they fire his friend

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Noxcho18, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Alpha_T83

Alpha_T83 Purple Belt

True, but that one was a failed medical of some kind. I don't remember the details, but that would fall into a Dana White tantrum.

The UFC isn't going to uphold a ban for someone that repeatedly misses weight or falls off events due to being in poor shape.

They will uphold bans for people that break the UFC rules, such as attempting to assault people in the octagon.

2. bigwaverider

bigwaverider ✌️ SHOOP MOD ✌️ Staff Member Senior Moderator

He's the type of guy to Pearl harbor attack a fan in the crowd. Some guy hurt his feelings so he attacked him. When I was 3, my parents taught me not to fight over words. If you have any kids, I hope you teach them the same. Don't teach them that this is some honorable thing.

Khabib is receiving preferential treatment here but he wants more. He is gonna take his ball and go home because he can't get his way. The precedent for this has already been set for after match fights. See Paul Daley. Khabib is receiving preferential treatment, what some will call white privilege, and is being allowed to continue to work for the UFC. In his post he was bitching about double standards. I do respect that he is sticking up for his friends, but he also should realize that he may be the benefactor of perhaps the largest double standard ever in the UFC - or close.

3. bigwaverider

You make it seem like Khabib's cousin was just minding his own business when Conor just decided to crack him one. Khabib jumped the fence to fight and his Cousin was behind him going into the fray. Now maybe he was jumping the fence to hand out flowers, but it sure looked like he was going to interject himself into the fight somehow. This is why Conor cracked him one in order to defend his friend from another sneak attack.

After that fight was broken up Conor went to the side, was chilling out, minding his own business when the other Dangestani sucker punched him. Will you not decry this? And then another Dangastani sucker punched Conor form behind. And then a 3rd one sucker punched him. Conor was trying to defend his friend while the Dangastani's were trying to defend nothing. The saw a weakened man, an easy target, and they pounced. Conor fought for defense while the Dangestanis fought because they are filthy animals.

4. dog y

dog y The original dog

Is that combodude? The red shirt one.
    That guy rocks.

5. ocean size

ocean size Black Belt

God damn. Very impressed by Khabib putting skin in the game. What a beast. 'keep my money'.

6. mitch316

mitch316 Orange Belt

The precedent for keeping your mates in the ufc was set by McTapper keeping Artem in despite his participation in the bus incident. Khabib is just asking for the same treatment.

lsa likes this.
  7. hydro481

hydro481 Brown Belt

Khabib knows the ball is in his court. Especially with how badly Conor wants the rematch. And it’s not like he’s wrong either. Conor threw the first punch.

BokaBokte likes this.
  8. Joe265

Joe265 Blue Belt

I love how so many people are trying to find any ray of light from that fight to justify a rematch.

9. franklinstower

franklinstower Brown Belt

Khabib is far and away the better example than Conor is but he is no Fedor.

10. squeezewax

squeezewax Brown Belt

God he is ugly, looks like Monkey.

11. bigwaverider

Daley's incident happened at an event just as Khabib's did. Daily actually attacked and hit someone just like Khabib did. Khabib attacked someone who was a spectator in the crowd which depending on how you see it may be worse than what Daley did. His goons attacked and hit Conor as he was minding his own business. They were under no threat and it wasn't self defense.

1. Artem wasn't at an event.
    2. Artem never hit anyone.

Different scenarios. Khabib is getting preferential treatment. Now IDK what the precedent and the punishment should be for his boys. As far as I know nothing like this has ever happened at a UFC event - correct if wrong. It doesn't seem far fetched that they would be fired.

Sir Punchalot likes this.
  12. Hotora86

Hotora86 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

<Gordonhat>

0-1 likes this.
  13. UncleWizard

UncleWizard Yellow Card Yellow Card

Fucking wow bud.

14. Holic

Holic Yeah! More Sponduli!

I wish I had friends like Khabib.

Or friends in general.

15. SherdogJoe

SherdogJoe Black Belt

What lol? Surprised that I like Khabib when I have a Conor pic?

Naw, you're referring to the muslim comment ;)

It's not that I don't like Muslims as people, I just don't like Islam the religion. I feel sorry for the Muslims for having been brainwashed. I'm not a hater of Muslims I'm a hater of the Islamic Religion, and all religions for that matter.

16. caliboi74lv

caliboi74lv Black Belt

They could have. They knew Conor's people were gonna be there so maybe they did plan something. Conor's seemed more planned, except the dolly was spur of the moment.

17. PlatinumColbyCovington

PlatinumColbyCovington White Belt

Don't even call anyone a friend unless they're like Khabib.. they're acquaintances

18. HHJ

HHJ Plutonium Belt

Friends are just enemies that havent killed you yet.

Holic and Beastos like this.
  19. Oooxente

Oooxente Black Belt

I wish Khabib was my friend ☹️

drsdv, MMAart and HHJ like this.
  20. PopeUrbanII

PopeUrbanII Green Belt

Fuck Khabib no true fight fan likes his cuddling fight style with pillowfist GnP.