Khabib threatens to Leave UFC if they fire his friend

Well bye.

Dude beat Connor but has absolutely no draw to the casuals.

I dont think he wins this fight mainly due to the athletic commission and the fact that the damn governor of Nevada was impacted by this.

I agree, but ultimately it's Khabib's battle. I agree with you that not punishing Conor for the dolly incident was hella stupid. However, these 2 guys committed a major violation and must be terminated. The UFC cannot back down on that. It's not like this happened at a press conference, this happened inside the octagon.

At the end of the day, the UFC cannot give into Khabib here. If he wants to refuse to fight in the UFC, they will just keep his contract and keep offering him fights. He won't be able to get out of it, and won't be able to fight anywhere but Russia, China, Japan, and North Korea.

I think the list of Countries are a lot bigger than you noted.
and those 2 guys made nothing different than COnor did himself on a Bellator cage. And worse, he attacked a referee, which those guys did not do.
And Conor got nothing from the AC nor from the UFC, so again, there are precedents, with the same party involved where no punishment were given.

Note: it can happen exactly as you said. I only point out that this is not the first time things happened, and punishments were NOT awarded. There's nothing stating here that they have to happen. And legally, this could be a long drawn out battle that can take years and won't help anyone. (obviously least of all Khabib, but UFC would not win unschathed neither)

Yeah that’s great when you can rent that shit on Netflix. But this is real life. By the way how exactly are you showing integrity by doing something basically illegal simply because you don’t like being made fun of? This is not high school.

You mean doing something illegal like throwing a dolly at a bus, injuring multiple people?

I think the list of Countries are a lot bigger than you noted.

Oh for sure, but those are the ones that might run semi-big MMA events -- except North Korea, that was a joke ;).

and those 2 guys made nothing different than COnor did himself on a Bellator cage. And worse, he attacked a referee, which those guys did not do. And Conor got nothing from the AC nor from the UFC, so again, there are precedents, with the same party involved where no punishment were given.

Unfortunately special treatment of a high profile athlete does not equal precedent. We may not like it, but that's how the world works. I tried to argue that they can't go easy on Jon Jones, because that will set a precedent. In the end I was wrong -- they will just refuse to give anyone else the deal they gave Jones. It's shameful, really.

Interestingly I'm not sure if the commissions have ever suspended a fighter for his actions at an event, during which he/she was competing. I'm very curious to see how the 2 guys that went after Conor are punished, if at all, by the commissions.

But the UFC absolutely must ban those 2 guys from their organization. You can't tolerate that behaviour.

I respect Khabib's gangsterness on this, but the situations aren't apples to apples. It's not apples and oranges, but they have some pretty important differences.

Artem didn't actually do anything with the bus incident. That was all Conor with the dolly. And Artem was removed from his fight for being there. Khabib's guys actually laid hands on Conor.
And there is a difference between attacking someone in 'the street', versus a group of guys attacking a fighter IN THE OCTAGON directly after his match.
Khabib is really downplaying that part of it.
You can't use shit talking about religion and family to justify those guys actions. If they wanted to fight Conor, in the middle of the fucking Octagon, after a match, on PPV, in front of cops, the governor, the UFC president, officials, etc...is the absolute worst place to do it....like, you should be banned just for being that stupid.

I am definitely in the camp that wants people to be accountable for their words, but there's a time and place, and way of doing it. Khabib just finished Conor---that should have been the end of it.
Khabib had a role in escalating this whole thing himself. Him putting hands on Artem is what took this from a 2 to a 10.

He should leave. Destroy and emasculate mctap, all his friends, & Dana in one shot. Fuck them all.
No one would care except Khabib's Muslim fans who just realize he existed a week ago. Conor vs Tony is a more entertaining fight.

You mean doing something illegal like throwing a dolly at a bus, injuring multiple people?

Yes that was stupid as well. You are not helping your case by pointing out something else that was stupid. You don’t jump into a crowd and nearly incite a riot that could’ve ended terribly, and then simply preach about your pride and your integrity was offended. Ron Artest had his pride and integrity offended by a fan. After he jumped into the stands and punch him he was out of a job for one full year.

UFC will survive.

But respect Khabib's resolve, and loyalty.

I do respect his loyalty if he follows through. However, the UFC can't give into those demands. The 2 guys that went into the octagon after Conor need to be banned, end of story. They can't have that.

I do respect his loyalty if he follows through. However, the UFC can't give into those demands. The 2 guys that went into the octagon after Conor need to be banned, end of story. They can't have that.

They definitely need to be disciplined. I say max them out with a year ban each, plus a fine.

McGregor slapped a commissioner. Granted it was at a Bellator event. However, I think it would be hypocritical to give them a lifetime ban, especially considering they were probably largely responding to provocation they received.

No one was "right" in the situation. I just personally don't think a lifetime ban is justified.

I actually love Khabib for this. I hate Dana and the UFC and their abuse of fighters. I love it when someone who the UFC doesn't have leverage over, sticks it to them.

Honor and respect > Money. The UFC has always operated the opposite way and now they should pay.

I still love Conor but besides Khabib being muslim, I pretty much love everything about his attitude.

Stop thinking in legal terms for a bit. As a man, wont you stand up for yourself if you're insulted ? I doubt you get arrested for insulting someone in Dagestan, but you'll get in a fight for sure. If you get bullied you should fight, or you're a coward.

I'm not talking about Khabib's actions, I'm talking about his words.

LOL Just tell me why Conor didn't wait there.

Conor is a fake tough guy, nobody else. Every little scuffle he has started outside the cage has been purely for show and for the cameras. Like when he grabbed a chair to "throw" at Eddie, or when he ran towards Jose Aldo, or when he says things like "HERE'S YOUR LOCATION, SMASH ME, SMASH ME!" at a press conference with tons of security around.

You want to know why Khabib waited until after the fight? Because he wanted to absolutely humiliate Conor first.

That way people won't be able to say a god damn thing, like McGregor will beat him in the cage or something.

Beat him in the cage first, humiliate him, then continue beating him down afterwards.

That is how you treat your enemies, destroy them with no mercy, kick them when they are down.
breh I bet you if we bent you over and spread those ass cheeks we'd find a load from khabib and every member of his camp. The fight is over with it, get over it.

Has Dana ever backed down from firing guys? Paul Daley and Paul Harris were permanently banned.

I haven't seen him relent yet. I doubt he backs down, especially since it's McGregor they attacked.
Nate marquardt

No one would care except Khabib's Muslim fans who just realize he existed a week ago. Conor vs Tony is a more entertaining fight.
Go back to your hole. We’re still all laughing at what a bitch Conor is. Hasn’t been a week yet you aren’t allowed out.

Go back to your hole. We’re still all laughing at what a bitch Conor is. Hasn’t been a week yet you aren’t allowed out.
Why should I? Do you cease to be a fan of a fighter just because they lose? What a retard you are lol. Only Conor gets this level of bitter haters who get this horny about his downfall.

Guess I gotta hit you with this too. You conor and khabib fans are pathetic lmao

breh I bet you if we bent you over and spread those ass cheeks we'd find a load from khabib and every member of his camp. The fight is over with it, get over it.

Nate marquardt

True, but that one was a failed medical of some kind. I don't remember the details, but that would fall into a Dana White tantrum.

The UFC isn't going to uphold a ban for someone that repeatedly misses weight or falls off events due to being in poor shape.

They will uphold bans for people that break the UFC rules, such as attempting to assault people in the octagon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back