Khabib is a better striker than Lee

Lee has some decent kicks, but other than that I'm not impressed by his striking game at all. His striking defense and his chin are garbage, he has better boxing fundamentals than Khabib but that's all. Doesn't matter though, as this fight won't be on the feet, Lee has poor TDD.

Gleison was on steroids and Khabib had more control time over the first three rounds than Lee.
Tibau passed his test in his fight with Khabib and "dominance" is more than just "control time." Lee's ground and pound against Barbosa was more dominant than Khabib's (and that's saying a lot).

No, Al isn't the best comparison to use. Barboza is the obvious common opponent to look at. Lee fought Iaquinta 4 years ago in his UFC debut.

Not much to look at there for striking comparisons other than ability to dodge wheel kicks though. Al would have his way with Lee on the feet if they fought again, pretty easy to see.

Agreed with everything except the raging Al part.
He was inactive and had less than a day to prepare for a fight while khabib had a full camp of months.

You realise that Iaquinta had a full camp and was supposed to fight on that card anyways, right?

Tibau passed his test in his fight with Khabib and "dominance" is more than just "control time." Lee's ground and pound against Barbosa was more dominant than Khabib's (and that's saying a lot).

Edson looked more busted up by the end of the third round in Khabib's fight than he did with Lee's. Also, Jon Jones passed tests before he got busted for steroids. Does that make him clean now?

Edson looked more busted up by the end of the third round in Khabib's fight than he did with Lee's. Also, Jon Jones passed tests before he got busted for steroids. Does that make him clean now?
I don't know about that. Barbosa's face looked awful tonight, but he certainly looked bad against Khabib too. In my opinion though, Barbosa looked far more beaten up tonight than with the Khabib fight, even after the first rounds. As far as Jones (and Tibau), it's perfectly acceptable to question his victories in fights that he passed the drug tests, but those victories will always stand because he passed his tests for those fights.

I don't know about that. Barbosa's face looked awful tonight, but he certainly looked bad against Khabib too. In my opinion though, Barbosa looked far more beaten up tonight than with the Khabib fight, even after the first rounds. As far as Jones (and Tibau), it's perfectly acceptable to question his victories in fights that he passed the drug tests, but those victories will always stand because he passed his tests for those fights.

Get the pictures up of Edson after the Khabib fight and Edson after the third round in the Lee fight and you might be on the verge of making a point. Also, you sound delusional AF about Tibau's performance against Khabib and that makes me question your motivations as you clearly want to downplay Khabib's performance for no good reason at all.

He was inactive and had less than a day to prepare for a fight while khabib had a full camp of months.
Wouldn't normally reply but I've seen this posted multiple times. You're either intentionally lying to spread BS propaganda or don't know the line-up of a card that just happened. Either way it is weird to see something this absurd trying to be spread.

Al was training the entire time, hence him making 155. He was scheduled to fight Felder on the same card up until the day of the fight.

Khabibs style allows him to be more effective with his strikes than lee. That doesnt mean he is a better striker period. Fedor outstruck mirko but in a purely striking match,crocop would win.

Wouldn't normally reply but I've seen this posted multiple times. You're either intentionally lying to spread BS propaganda or don't know the line-up of a card that just happened. Either way it is weird to see something this absurd trying to be spread.

Al was training the entire time, hence him making 155. He was scheduled to fight Felder on the same card up until the day of the fight.

Amen, brother. I don't know why but Kevin Lee seems to bring all the really weird types out of the woodwork.

Lee is a faster and more technical striker.

I think Khabib would have the grappling advantage though. It's a good fight.
This is what I'm thinking too. However, the grappling differences is not as much as any other Khabib opponent imo. So if Lee is able to nullify Khabib's terrific grappling and it becomes a standup fight maybe Lee has enough to beat Khabib on the feet. I think Khabib has a slight but obvious grappling advantage but maybe not enough to control Lee and Lee has a small striking advantage due to being a little bit more explosive and sharper therefore maybe having the edge.

This is the fight I have wanted to see for awhile now assuming they both won their fights. Outside of the Tony fight for Lee they have both done that recently.

In reality who knows who is the better pure striker because a lot of their striking advantage is dependent on their huge threat of the takedown so opponents are constantly worried about that. Against each other it could cancel out.

It seems like some of the Khabib nuthuggers are just worried that Lee might be able to take their boy so they are lashing out with all these threads tonight defending him.

It's an interesting matchup and the first guy who on paper could nullify Khabib's massive grappling advantage.

Same spinning kick that almost KO'd Lee was completely blocked/dodged by Khabib.

Timestamped both instances

Not only that but Khabib easily outstruck Barboza, not getting hurt once.

Not only that but Khabib easily outstruck Raging Al, while Raging Al decimated Kevin Lee in the stand-up.

Facts. Data. Evidence.

Kevin Lee is a punk with a weak heart.

That is obvious for someone who understand what he watch. Khabib's boxing is way better than Kevin's ever been. His kicks of course is not good, but his hands is really underestimated on this forum.

Get the pictures up of Edson after the Khabib fight and Edson after the third round in the Lee fight and you might be on the verge of making a point. Also, you sound delusional AF about Tibau's performance against Khabib and that makes me question your motivations as you clearly want to downplay Khabib's performance for no good reason at all.

Downplay Khabib's performance in which fight? The Tibau fight? If so then yeah, he looked bad in that fight. Tibau didn't look good either. It was a bad fight and the decision could have gone either way. There's nothing "delusional" about that and doesn't require "motive" to see it. You act as though I've said that Khabib is a bad fighter or something. lol He's the #1 guy in the division and in many people's opinion arguably lost one fight a LONG TIME AGO. I brought it up because it was relevant to this post because of Lee's loss to Al being pointed out. So pump your brakes! lol

You do realize Al had a full camp preparing for his fight as well, right?

Both guys had the same amount of prep for each other.

Downplay Khabib's performance in which fight? The Tibau fight? If so then yeah, he looked bad in that fight. Tibau didn't look good either. It was a bad fight and the decision could have gone either way. There's nothing "delusional" about that and doesn't require "motive" to see it. You act as though I've said that Khabib is a bad fighter or something. lol He's the #1 guy in the division and in many people's opinion arguably lost one fight a LONG TIME AGO. I brought it up because it was relevant to this post because of Lee's loss to Al being pointed out. So pump your brakes! lol

I meant delusional as in you were being way too dismissive of the likelihood Tibau was on something for that fight, not that Khabib didn't put on a subpar performance for it.

Lee's fight with Al was his UFC debut. He's a much better fighter now. Should we hold Khabib's fight with Gleison Tibau against him now? A fight that he arguably lost? Is lee a better grappler than Khabib because he dominated Barbosa more on the mat than Khabib? I don't think this MMA math adds up very well. Lee's a better striker than Khabib and Khabib is a better grappler than Lee. Lee was doing VERY well in the stand up with Barbosa, but got too comfortable with a dangerous striker. It happens.
This should end the thread

Same spinning kick that almost KO'd Lee was completely blocked/dodged by Khabib.

Timestamped both instances

Not only that but Khabib easily outstruck Barboza, not getting hurt once.

Not only that but Khabib easily outstruck Raging Al, while Raging Al decimated Kevin Lee in the stand-up.

Facts. Data. Evidence.

Kevin Lee is a punk with a weak heart.

A better chin don't magically make his sloppy hands better. <FutbolThink>

Back