Khabib is a better striker than Lee

Eh, Barboza threw like two spinning kicks against Khabib. He threw several against Lee and all missed except one.

I meant delusional as in you were being way too dismissive of the likelihood Tibau was on something for that fight, not that Khabib didn't put on a subpar performance for it.
No, I just don't really care about that fight or Tibau's career. Maybe Tibau was in fact on something and maybe he wasn't. Hell, maybe Khabib was too. There's a fairly popular opinion amongst fans and many fighters that everyone is on roids.

No, I just don't really care about that fight or Tibau's career. Maybe Tibau was in fact on something and maybe he wasn't. Hell, maybe Khabib was too. There's a fairly popular opinion amongst fans and many fighters that everyone is on roids.

Yes but the guy I was responding to brought up the Tibau fight and I was responding to that which caused you to respond to me.

I'd give the advantage to Khabib in a fight with Lee, but I think it's pretty hard to compare the two at this points. They both seem to have a brutal top game, but to say either has much better striking than the other at this point... The fact that Lee got rocked badly tonight, doesn't speak in his favor. On the other hand, I don't think you can take away much from Khabib's last fight either, because even his corner was telling him to stop fucking around.

Also, comparing both their fights with Barboza doesn't entirely work either. You could say that Khabib did better, because he won all rounds without taking any damage while Lee was on queer street in the third, but Khabib's fight was 3 rounds, while Lee was prepared for 5. I have the solution! Let them fight.

Lee's fight with Al was his UFC debut. He's a much better fighter now. Should we hold Khabib's fight with Gleison Tibau against him now? A fight that he arguably lost? Is lee a better grappler than Khabib because he dominated Barbosa more on the mat than Khabib? I don't think this MMA math adds up very well. Lee's a better striker than Khabib and Khabib is a better grappler than Lee. Lee was doing VERY well in the stand up with Barbosa, but got too comfortable with a dangerous striker. It happens.
-"Arguably lost".. yet the judges gave him every round.
-Khabib beat Barbosa on the ground in a much more Dominant fashion, even toying with him in doing so.
-Khabib is the better striker.. the same Barbosa kick that wobbled Lee badly, Khabib walked through once and dodged another time in taking Barbosa down in doing so.
- Lee has won two fights recently in which he missed weight in each, Khabib has made Championship weight or 155lb limit of 156lbs, in his last 2+ fights, while walking around at a similar weight as Lee.
- Lee and Al have both gotten a lot better since they debuted in the UFC, Khabib's jab has Al's face still looking bad, while Lee was outstruck by a earlier version of Al.
-Khabib has yet to lose a single round in the UFC, Lee has lost multiple rounds and fights thus far in the UFC.
-Dustin deserves his title shot, while Lee vs Alvarez makes more sense for those two.
-Khabib is humble and carries self like a Martial Artist, while Lee is cocky for no reason and carries self like a child imo.

-"Arguably lost".. yet the judges gave him every round.
-Khabib beat Barbosa on the ground in a much more Dominant fashion, even toying with him in doing so.
-Khabib is the better striker.. the same Barbosa kick that wobbled Lee badly, Khabib walked through once and dodged another time in taking Barbosa down in doing so.
- Lee has won two fights recently in which he missed weight in each, Khabib has made Championship weight or 155lb limit of 156lbs, in his last 2+ fights, while walking around at a similar weight as Lee.
- Lee and Al have both gotten a lot better since they debuted in the UFC, Khabib's jab has Al's face still looking bad, while Lee was outstruck by a earlier version of Al.
-Khabib has yet to lose a single round in the UFC, Lee has lost multiple rounds and fights thus far in the UFC.
-Dustin deserves his title shot, while Lee vs Alvarez makes more sense for those two.
-Khabib is humble and carries self like a Martial Artist, while Lee is cocky for no reason and carries self like a child imo.

No to everything that you said. lol And Khabib is just as cocky as Lee....where have you been? lol

No one can deny its an interesting matchup.
Lees wrestling is defo something that will come into play as he knows what hes doing on the ground.
Khabib holding Kev down and GnP wont be easy at all but thats what interestring,
You have to wonder if they will both strike.if the first round or so doesnt go anyones way in the grappling.
Also it looked like Kev was going for the finish in the first couple rounds but Barboza did enough to stop him.
Khabib if we are to believe him said he wanted to go the distance with Barboza as needed the Octogen time.
Even with the difficult weight cut Kevs cardio looked fine.
I for one think this could really be the match to make.
I would give the edge to Khabib though.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

Holy shit, I like them both, but this is such dogshit.

Guy who takes no risks on the feet is less likely to get hit!

Khabib is better able to avoid because he's not looking to strike for fuck's sake! Terrible, man, terrible.

This !!!
Khabib is way less active and quite boring. But he doesn’t get hit much.
Doesn’t make him better head to head. He’s a shit striker but does good because of the takedown threat.

Both Lee and Tony actually took chances and finished Barboza. I think they beat up Khabib, cause they would never fear his striking, and the grappling is closer.

Kevin has better technical striking than Khabib. Khabib has the better chin. Khabib's takedowns make his striking effective, since strikers are unwilling to commit for fear of a takedown. Lee has the same takedown threat, but it will be more effective against Khabib than vice versa because of the nature of their takedowns. Lee is much better at reactive takedowns, shooting off his opponent's offence. Khabib likes to come forward and get his opponents to react to his punches/feints before shooting. Lee's takedowns may actually mute Khabib's standing aggression. I believe Lee will takedown Khabib(as Tibau and Trujillo did). Khabib will have a much harder time getting takedowns because he doesn't have the same power in his shot. Forcing Lee to the fence and getting a takedown won't be easy. We will see how skilled Khabib is off his back. He has shown to be very aggressive from guard but against low level regional opponents and a nontechnical Trujillo. How well does Khabib react to sustained punishment? Does he have the skills to submit Lee from the bottom? Can Lee avoid getting hurt standing? Who knows.

Everything the TS says is undeniable truth. Raging Al is the best comparison to use here of course, since Khabib outstruck him for the better part of 3 rounds. Very impressive even though he looked shitty while doing it, but he did it.

Except Al’s striking looked like dogshit in the Khabib fight

honestly, no khabib does not look to be the better striker between he and lee... at least not after their last performances or khabibs fight vs barboza. now Khabib can turn out to be K1 Jake Shields 2.0 and have weird as striking that is actually effective.... but i dunno man kevins hands did look better. over all Lees performance did look better than Kbabibs to be honest. Doesnt mean he beats Khabib though but that is definitly the fight i want to see

His perfomance didn't look better lul.. What performance the stanky leg shake? Yeah that was great lul.

Same spinning kick that almost KO'd Lee was completely blocked/dodged by Khabib.

Timestamped both instances

Not only that but Khabib easily outstruck Barboza, not getting hurt once.

Not only that but Khabib easily outstruck Raging Al, while Raging Al decimated Kevin Lee in the stand-up.

Facts. Data. Evidence.

Kevin Lee is a punk with a weak heart.

That’s not how it works

I don't know about you guys, but to me it looks like TS is saying whatever he can to make himself feel better after Kevin Lee put on a performance like he did tonight.

Like I keep saying, it's a pretty funny/sad coping mechanism, but you can tell this is TS's coping method, downplay Kevin Lee's victory so in his mind Kevin doesn't sound like a threat, when we all know, that's not true.

What did Kevin Lee do that Barboza that Khabib didn't show him how to do? Show me one thing different.. And i'll go OMG Keven Lee is amazing.

This is what I'm thinking too. However, the grappling differences is not as much as any other Khabib opponent imo. So if Lee is able to nullify Khabib's terrific grappling and it becomes a standup fight maybe Lee has enough to beat Khabib on the feet. I think Khabib has a slight but obvious grappling advantage but maybe not enough to control Lee and Lee has a small striking advantage due to being a little bit more explosive and sharper therefore maybe having the edge.

This is the fight I have wanted to see for awhile now assuming they both won their fights. Outside of the Tony fight for Lee they have both done that recently.

In reality who knows who is the better pure striker because a lot of their striking advantage is dependent on their huge threat of the takedown so opponents are constantly worried about that. Against each other it could cancel out.

It seems like some of the Khabib nuthuggers are just worried that Lee might be able to take their boy so they are lashing out with all these threads tonight defending him.

It's an interesting matchup and the first guy who on paper could nullify Khabib's massive grappling advantage.

Who the hell is worried about Lee? Besides the Lee Nut Huggers that actually think he is a #1 guy.. Really I mean Lee looked good on Ferguson.. But even then Ferguson made short work of him.. Lee will never be a #1 guy.. He's a great gate keeper..

Lee didn't miss weight vs Ferguson he weighed in at 154.

Everyone bringing up iaquinta beating kevin and edson wobbling him. But ya'll musta forgot.

pYYBQp.gif

Back