Khabib is a better striker than Lee

This !!!
Khabib is way less active and quite boring. But he doesn’t get hit much.
Doesn’t make him better head to head. He’s a shit striker but does good because of the takedown threat.

Both Lee and Tony actually took chances and finished Barboza. I think they beat up Khabib, cause they would never fear his striking, and the grappling is closer.

WT FFFFF..... Khabib only had 3 rounds with Barboza... Lee had 5... And it wasn't stopped cause Barboza quit it was due to a cut.. Its not like he was finished.. Guy was still fighting.. He was forced to quit due to something he didn't want to quit about..

Took chances.. Lee followed Khabib's playbook play for play.. And got caught doing the stanky leg while doing it..

I think Khabib gets the (T)KO standing against Lee.

Barboza was to worried about being taken down against both guys to really let his feet/hands go.

If they (Khabib/Lee) matchup I think Lee won’t be so successful standing against a guy who is pressuring him and constantly threatening the TD.

WT FFFFF..... Khabib only had 3 rounds with Barboza... Lee had 5... And it wasn't stopped cause Barboza quit it was due to a cut.. Its not like he was finished.. Guy was still fighting.. He was forced to quit due to something he didn't want to quit about..

Took chances.. Lee followed Khabib's playbook play for play.. And got caught doing the stanky leg while doing it..
Yeah here are some stats to compare the two, since somehow people think Kevin Lee is better... Anywhere, really...

ad2b0k.png

What did Kevin Lee do that Barboza that Khabib didn't show him how to do? Show me one thing different.. And i'll go OMG Keven Lee is amazing.

Lol, someone drinks a little bit to much of their own tee there buddy. You should do as your favorite Lightweight says and "Be Humble".

I'm not looking for you to go "OMG Kevin Lee's amazing" I don't need your approval to know that Lee is a top 5 LW and a tough/interesting match up for Khabib.

Kevin Lee stood up with Barboza and showed that his boxing is improving and that he can hang in Barboza's danger zone. He took a nasty kick, but stayed in it and went back to dominating the fight. Unlike Khabib who I know is a damn good grappler, he's never encountered that kind of adversity in a single fight outside of getting caught by Michael Johnson. The fact that Kevin Lee came back from what looked like the end of a dominant performance shows he has more heart and skills than people give him credit for.

Get off your High Horse or you can join the rest of the special snowflakes that think they know everything.

Lee showed that he can hang in every department against Barboza and even had Barboza turning into a panic wrestler quicker than Tony Ferguson did.

What did Kevin Lee do that Barboza that Khabib didn't show him how to do? Show me one thing different.. And i'll go OMG Keven Lee is amazing.
make both his eyes almost completely shut? make him bleed more? actually finish him before the final bell even though it was the doctor doing it and not edson quitting? I dunno but he did beat the crap outa him pretty good. thanks to khabib, edson shoulda been even more prepared to deal with Lee but he wasn't so Kevin lee is amazing because he beat an edson who khabib gave a blueprint to about how not to get beat up the same way lol o_O

Just add him to the ignore list, he's a special snowflake with an ego worse than Conor McGregor for someone who never fights.
there's an ignore list? I barely realized I could put my own pictures as my av and that there are gifs we can use next to the smileys lol. I never really took time out to navigate through the icon lists or tool bars or anything. <36>

there's an ignore list? I barely realized I could put my own pictures as my av and that there are gifs we can use next to the smileys lol. I never really took time out to navigate through the icon lists or tool bars or anything. <36>

Lol yeah there's an Ignore list, snowflakes and trolls comments wont appear in threads saving you some Brain Cells.

Khabib a better striking? It's obvious you never train before..

Except Al’s striking looked like dogshit in the Khabib fight

He look like dog shit because he was done after the first 2 rounds. Let them fight pure stand up and see what happen to Khabib.

anyone that think Khabib has better striking than Kevin Lee does not know shit about boxing.

Khabib a better striking? It's obvious you never train before..

I do jiu jitsu and my opinions are supported by data as opposed to who looks more like a boxer in boxing.

What Khabib does might not look pretty but he blocks/avoids more strikes than Kevin Lee, has knocked down opponents in the past, and overall is statistically superior to Kevin on the feet and overall.

Khabib might be the worst striker in the whole LW division. That's not even hyperbole, I genuinely can't think of anyone worse. He throws punches like he's Jake Shields' apprentice.

I do jiu jitsu and my opinions are supported by data as opposed to who looks more like a boxer in boxing.

What Khabib does might not look pretty but he blocks/avoids more strikes than Kevin Lee, has knocked down opponents in the past, and overall is statistically superior to Kevin on the feet and overall.

Who has he knocked down?

No, Al isn't the best comparison to use. Barboza is the obvious common opponent to look at. Lee fought Iaquinta 4 years ago in his UFC debut.

Strangely enough, khabib did better on the feet against barboza than Lee did, but Lee did a little better on the mat than Khabib did. Yet the popular notion is that Lee is a bit better standing and khabib is a bit better grappling.

Strangely enough, khabib did better on the feet against barboza than Lee did, but Lee did a little better on the mat than Khabib did. Yet the popular notion is that Lee is a bit better standing and khabib is a bit better grappling.
Lol, good point. I'm all for setting up the fight so we can see.

This should end the thread

No it shouldn't. Lee gets knocked out and knocked around. Khabib never gets knocked out or knocked around.

People are confusing "looking like a better striker" with "actually being the better striker" i'll admit, Lee looks more fundamentally sound than Khabib--he looks like a better striker than khabib-- but he most certainly isn't the more effective striker, both in terms of offense and defense.

Khabib is the more effective mma striker.

Same spinning kick that almost KO'd Lee was completely blocked/dodged by Khabib.

Timestamped both instances

Not only that but Khabib easily outstruck Barboza, not getting hurt once.

Not only that but Khabib easily outstruck Raging Al, while Raging Al decimated Kevin Lee in the stand-up.

Facts. Data. Evidence.

Kevin Lee is a punk with a weak heart.

You based your statement on one moment... Your sample size is a bit small ain't it?

I think they're about as good/bad as each other. Serviceable but the longer they stay upright, the more uncomfortable both become.

Back