Kamaru Usman vs. Emil Meek Added to UFC 219 Dec. 30th (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
No one wants to fight him. He is like a bigger, stronger, more well rounded, more athletic and cardio strong Woodley. Im not a big fan of the guys style but I think he could beat any one now at WW. Anyone that follows the the prospect scene knew it was imminent that he was UFC champion or at least perennial contender.

Eh, I think Woodleys striking is much much better than Usman's, not really a good comparison.

The UFC knows he beats the majority of the top 10 and doesn't want him to be champ

Absolute NONSENSE. The top 15 is almost entirely booked right now.

Ariel is the worst, because he knows this isn't true, but is happy to say it anyhow.

This isn't even hard to lookup (via reddit)

They already matched every single fighter except for Woodley ranked above him:

• Cerrone vs Till on Oct 20
  • Maia vs Covington on Oct 28
  • Wonderman vs Masvidal on Nov 4
  • Ponzinibbio vs Perry on Dec 16
  • RDA vs Lawler on Dec 16
  • Condit vs Magny on Dec 30
In the top 15, that only left Gunnar and the Dong but they are both coming off losses.

Gunnar likely had a concussion and is out until 2018.

So we could literally have said 'Dong Kim said no' instead of a crazy made up story 'the whole top 15'

Ariel is the worst, because he knows this isn't true, but is happy to say it anyhow.

In the top 15, that only left Gunnar and the Dong but they are both coming off losses.

So we could literally have said 'Dong Kim said no' instead of a crazy made up story 'the whole top 15'

bro Perry and Usman fought on the same card lmao

why does Perry get Ponzi and Usman gets an unranked tough fight? they booked the majority of these fights after Usman had won

they're trying to get him beat by a no name. it's so obvious...just look at his last fight..fought an unranked guy that hasn't lost in the UFC for 5 years. And how did that guy stay undefeated in the UFC for 5 years without fighting top 15 guys? he's black too lol

Facts

Wake up and stop playing stupid man

Last edited:
Usman has big potential but I think he needs 2 more fights to build his brand and sharpen his game before getting a top 10 opponent.

you sound dumb lol he has won his last 6 in the UFC and doesn't deserve a top 10 opponent? GTFO

Meek strained his rib in a normal grappling position in his match against Mein, then he was injured for his next fight I think.. If he does make it to the fight I predict a first round stoppage for Usman. Even though I'm Norwegian and rooting for Meek.

Or maybe the truth, they offered other top guys the fight and they all declined it.

That doesnt fit into your little theory though.
the thing is, you're basing this on Ariel Helwani's comment and he never said how many actually turned down the fight. Could've been no fighters available and his comment would still be accurate. At this point I'm thinking no one ducked him.

• Covington is fighting Maia
  • Wonderboy is fighting Masvidal
  • RDA is fighting Lawler
  • Condit is fighting Magny
  • Cerrone is fighting Till
  • Ponzinibbio is fighting Perry
  • Oliveira is fighting Medeiros

excluding the champion who is injured, that's 13 of the top 15 covered.

Gunnar Nelson is injured and I'm unsure what DHK's status is currently.

I didn't see this when I replied, good stuff :)

What can you do when nobody wants to fight you ? And then when you want to fight for contender spot they will just say that you didn't beat anyone noticable

the thing is, you're basing this on Ariel Helwani's comment and he never said how many actually turned down the fight. Could've been no fighters available and his comment would still be accurate. At this point I'm thinking no one ducked him.

• RDA is fighting Lawler

We don't know when what fight was made in comparison to when Usman was offered to some of these guys.

We don't know when what fight was made in comparison to when Usman was offered to some of these guys.
true but it's still possible Nelson was the only one offered the Usman fight and said no cause he's taking a break after that eyepoke debacle. I think it's unfair to say the entire top 15 is ducking him based on Ariel's possible inside scoop. We need names and quotes ffs

• RDA is fighting Lawler

Ah shit I should've looked closer, I didn't realize they were all booked

I understand the disappointment for all new Usman fanboys. But I don't like the disrespect towards Meek in this thread!

When no one else wanted to put their wrestling to the test, this guy who prefers to stand takes the fight with no doubts.

It's a very interesting fight too, and imo the reactions and poll results is a bit unfair. Jeez, it's not like Meek is a useless scrub they just want to sacrifice (which happens in the UFC from time to time).

I get it, you guys wanted a top 10, but let's not act as if everyone below the top 10 are totally chanceless. This will be a good fight.

I understand the disappointment for all new Usman fanboys. But I don't like the disrespect towards Meek in this thread!

When no one else wanted to put their wrestling to the test, this guy who prefers to stand takes the fight with no doubts.

It's a very interesting fight too, and imo the reactions and poll results is a bit unfair. Jeez, it's not like Meek is a useless scrub they just want to sacrifice (which happens in the UFC from time to time).

I get it, you guys wanted a top 10, but let's not act as if everyone below the top 10 are totally chanceless. This will be a good fight.
I'm not sure criticising the poll is fair though, the Condit vs Magny poll was far "worse" and Magny is a top 10 ranked WW that's fought a lot of legit competition, unlike Meek. Condit is coming off a long layoff too.

They are voting for who they think will win and it seems more favour Usman than Meek.

true but it's still possible Nelson was the only one offered the Usman fight and said no cause he's taking a break after that eyepoke debacle. I think it's unfair to say the entire top 15 is ducking him based on Ariel's possible inside scoop. We need names and quotes ffs
Of course the entire ww isn't ducking him but already his last fight he had to fight a guy not that good because nobody higher ranked wanted to fight him. It's just that Usman is too davoidingducking him, just like the champions are ducking some contenders... Everybody is ducking someone

I think as well with just a little bit more experience Usman can beat Woodley

If that's who it takes to get Wood out of there, so be it

And props to Meek Mill for taking the fight

Usman's last win was impressive and THAT was the kinda statement he needed to make to get some fans

Henri Hooft is making progress with his striking and I do believe Usman is a future champ

If these guys are turning him down, let him jump in line a bit

• RDA is fighting Lawler

You do realize they could of offered Usman to those guys before they were matched with their current opponents right?

You do realize they could of offered Usman to those guys before they were matched with their current opponents right?
ofc I do, that's the problem with Ariel's comment, he never gave any details at all o_O

I think this is a “show-me” fight where the UFC wants Usman to make a highlight reel they can use to hype his next fight vs a top 5-7 guy.

If nobody in the top 15 is man enough to accept a fight against him than put him against a top 5er with the promise of a title shot to the top 5er if he wins.

bro Perry and Usman fought on the same card lmao

why does Perry get Ponzi and Usman gets an unranked tough fight? they booked the majority of these fights after Usman had won

they're trying to get him beat by a no name. it's so obvious...just look at his last fight..fought an unranked guy that hasn't lost in the UFC for 5 years. And how did that guy stay undefeated in the UFC for 5 years without fighting top 15 guys? he's black too lol

Facts

Wake up and stop playing stupid man

Perry was already scheduled with a marquee name, former title challenger Thiago Alves. By no fault of his own, Perry ended up fighting a no-name light weight.

Why should he be punished and go backwards because his last opponent didn't show up?

This is literally common sense.

Saying Usman was 'turned down by everyone in the top 15' is a bald face lie. Everyone is demonstrably already booked, other than the Dong.

It is possible, and likely, Dong declined to take the fight. That is your answer why he's fighting Weber, who is a good name considering Usman is a nobody that won a bunch of workman like decisions up until his last performance.

Perry was already scheduled with a marquee name, former title challenger Thiago Alves. By no fault of his own, Perry ended up fighting a no-name light weight.

Why should he be punished and go backwards because his last opponent didn't show up?

This is literally common sense.

Saying Usman was 'turned down by everyone in the top 15' is a bald face lie. Everyone is demonstrably already booked, other than the Dong.

It is possible, and likely, Dong declined to take the fight. That is your answer why he's fighting Weber, who is a good name considering Usman is a nobody that won a bunch of workman like decisions up until his last performance.

bro, the last 3 guys Usman beat are a million times better than Alves or anyone that Perry has ever fought. They are a million times better than the guy that whooped Perry's ass lol

Back