Kamaru Usman vs. Emil Meek Added to UFC 219 Dec. 30th (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters

Why are they keeping Usman from the top 10? Doesn't make any sense.

UFC 219 so far:

Carlos Condit vs. Neil Magny
Dominick Cruz vs. Jimmie Rivera
Kamaru Usman vs. Emil Meek
Gokhan Saki vs. Khalil Rountree
Cynthia Calvillo vs. Carla Esparza
Myles Jury vs. Rick Glenn
Louis Smolka vs. Matheus Nicolau

Even I think they should've done Ponzi vs Usman and Perry vs Meek, if those were the 4 available fighters, but they took a risk and gave Perry the better fight instead. Usman vs Meek is a joke at this point, I genuinely feel sorry for him. Bizarre matchmaking

UFC clearly holding Usman back at this point so he can't get near the title. Chalk another point up for the Entertainment Business column and subtract one from the Sport column.

Even I think they should've done Ponzi vs Usman and Perry vs Meek,

Such a simple yet elegant solution, also totally makes sense from a ranking standpoint.

WME/UFC is a bunch of fools.

Well, here's our answer. Top 15 ducking The Nigerian Nightmare.

Well, here's our answer. Top 15 ducking The Nigerian Nightmare.

I mean, he's a very high risk, low reward, seeing how he's only 11th ranked and on a serious win streak.

Plus Meek looked pretty decent against Mein, who's a tough out for anyone.
That was against soulless husk Mein though, who looks decent for one round and then proceeds to let his opponent dictate the pace for the next two.

Should do Condit/Usman, Magny/Meek. Unless they are trying to protect Condit from another loss.

I mean, he's a very high risk, low reward, seeing how he's only 11th ranked and on a serious win streak.
Ranked 11 but he's a top 10 fighter. Eventually someone's going to have to take a fight against him. You can only fight lower level competition for so long.

All the fighters who ducked Usman have admitted defeat. He goes ahead of them for a title shot imo

The UFC knows he beats the majority of the top 10 and doesn't want him to be champ

They think he's boring so they'll keep giving him nobodies so nobody knows who he is. Then when he eventually losses(they all do) they can cut him.

Just wait for it

Or this is one of the last fights on his deal and dont' want to pay him big money if he beats a top 10 fighter. One or the other but prolly more to the boring part
Or maybe the truth, they offered other top guys the fight and they all declined it.

That doesnt fit into your little theory though.

Ranked 11 but he's a top 10 fighter. Eventually someone's going to have to take a fight against him. You can only fight lower level competition for so long.
Oh I agree completely, but no one likes fighting grinders.

Interesting fight , Meek has some Power and Usman is great all round so it will be interesting to see if he survives the Power and pulls out the win , I hope he does .

Usman with the finish. The guy is going places. Right up the rankings.

He's the best grappler in the division. Good chance he could even control Maia for 3 rounds. The UFC needs to stop fucking around and give this dude the step up he deserves. This fight is a waste.
No one wants to fight him. He is like a bigger, stronger, more well rounded, more athletic and cardio strong Woodley. Im not a big fan of the guys style but I think he could beat any one now at WW. Anyone that follows the the prospect scene knew it was imminent that he was UFC champion or at least perennial contender.

I think Usman should dominate here, weird matchmaking.

Back