Kamaru Usman vs. Emil Meek Added to UFC 219 Dec. 30th (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
So much for top 10 fight for Usman.

This will be easy fight for him. Waste of his time.

I don't love it. Usman needs to fight someone in the top 10.

Should’ve got a top ten like you said but this fight is awesome so I don’t care lol

<{JustBleed}>

Edit-wtf was I thinking? I for some reason was thinking Usman was a stand up guy and forgot he’s probably gonna grapple fuck meek. Now this shit makes no sense lol

Usman keeps taking steps backwards. Will be fun anyway.

What a disgraced, Usman willstarch this Viking.

I thought he was scheduled to fight Gunnar Nelson?

I agree about the Usman thing, he should be fighting top guys now. Its still a good fight though

He's the best grappler in the division. Good chance he could even control Maia for 3 rounds. The UFC needs to stop fucking around and give this dude the step up he deserves. This fight is a waste.
Can't force these top 10 fighters to fight him

When the UFC calls a top 10 fighter about fighting Usman...

giphy.gif

Weird fight to call. Usman seems better pretty much everywhere but Meeks win over Paul Harris dwarfs any win on Kamaru's record. Plus Meek looked pretty decent against Mein, who's a tough out for anyone.

Still got Usman but half of that call is due to Meeks douchy vibe

This is an obvious case of someone being held back. Usman hasn't even lost a round in the UFC, let alone a fight. He needs to fight guys in the tip 10 cause he's proven that fighters outside of it can't compete with him

Crazy fight, I'm picking Emil here, WW is stacked as fuck right now

I think Usman is right that the UFC doesn't want to promote him or offer top 10 opponents since the UFC hasn't gone into the Nigerian market.

Honestly I can't believe he actually fighting Meek. I like Meek, but this seem like a miss match, considering Meek has one UFC fight and Usman has 6, and he undefeated in the UFC and he destroyed his last opponent.

Patience little guys, the UFC is aware that Mike Perry is in the same division so they couldn't care less about building Usman for now

I like Meek, but he has nothing for Usman.
I can hardly think of anyone at WW that should be a clear favourite over the Nigerian Nightmare, he's that good.

two up-and-comers. Good one. hmmm, tough choice though. I think ill go with Usman
Are we still calling Usman an "up and comer"? I think at this point the majority of fans and fighters know this dude is a legit contender or at the very least a good fighter that should be fighting in the top10. Is this the UFC or his handlers being cautious?

Are we still calling Usman an "up and comer"? I think at this point the majority of fans and fighters know this dude is a legit contender or at the very least a good fighter that should be fighting in the top10. Is this the UFC or his handlers being cautious?
yea, hes probably beyond that right now. Meek had a good win over Mein but still needs to be tested. I like this matchup just for Meek's sake but Usman isnt really getting his due.

Usman has big potential but I think he needs 2 more fights to build his brand and sharpen his game before getting a top 10 opponent.

People keep bitching about giving Usman a "top ten." But who would you give him? Everyone is pretty much booked. Dong Hyun Kim and Gunnar Nelson are available but they are both coming off losses. Sure, he could probably wait and get a higher ranked fighter for early next year, but a spot on the New Years card is pretty coveted.

The UFC knows he beats the majority of the top 10 and doesn't want him to be champ

They think he's boring so they'll keep giving him nobodies so nobody knows who he is. Then when he eventually losses(they all do) they can cut him.

Just wait for it

Or this is one of the last fights on his deal and dont' want to pay him big money if he beats a top 10 fighter. One or the other but prolly more to the boring part

Wait, he beats the top 10, but will lose outside the top 10? What the hell kind of statement is that? And they'll cut him after one loss? Why you so fatalistic/paranoid?

Back