just rewatched the bigfoot-fedor fight.fedor got completely outskilled by bigfoot

Lol so why did Fedor's "prime" end so quickly? Maybe because he was never that good? GSP and Silva were elite in their mid to late 30s, but Fedor somehow fell off a cliff in his early 30s and got KO'd by Middleweights bahahahaha

Dude you are doing yourself 0 favours. Just stop typing and go watch fedor during his 10 year tenure as the baddest motherfucker on planet earth.

Sigh* wasn't making fedor excuses yet i need to get over myself. Typical crybaby response

You're the one who led with a personal attack ("idiot") and immediately got defensive. "Crybaby" = projection. I'm done, though. Have your childish last word if it makes you feel better.

Sounds like the dictionary is your bible.

Personally, I think the meaning behind the words is more important than the words themselves. The meaning is what you should respond to. Words are just communication tools.
yeah, i totally rekkti. Why wouldn't you hujokstrat the words?

Fedor had been fighting for over 10 years by that point.

The peak where an athlete / fighter can perform at their absolute best Is very short. .

1) The 10-year thing is a bit of a fallacy, considering how many freak shows, LHW/MWs and other non-elite guys Fedor fought.

2) Regardless, early 30s is simply not old for the heavier weight classes. Just take a look at both boxers and MMA fighters from around 180 pounds and heavier. Werdum actually peaked after 10 years of fighting in his mid-30s. So did Anderson Silva (started in 1997) and others. Also, Fedor had taken very little damage in his fights.

3) It's funny how no one else* seems to get this "out of prime" excuse. Chuck was 38 when he lost his UFC belt to Rampage, and I continually hear that Rampage beat "prime" Chuck. I've heard the same thing many times about 38-year old Anderson losing to Weidman--age is no excuse, Weidman was just the better fighter, etc.

* I take that back. Cro-Cop and Big Nog get the "out of prime" excuse because they were only about 32 when they signed UFC contracts and went on to disappoint their fans. But of course this excuse is necessary since Fedor's only real elite wins were over those 2 guys.

I like how a fight that happened in Strikeforce that featured one guy who never fought in the UFC and another guy current not in the UFC is in the UFC forum.

bigfoot was on the juice for this fight. end of thread.

Bigfoot actually went through additional testing for the Fedor fight as the commission was unsure if he was even medically fit to fight given his hormonal issues.

And we know he didn’t start TRT until the Hunt fight as he tried to get it for the Cain fight and it was explicitly stated that they hadn’t had enough time to process his paperwork yet. AKA it wasn’t in the system already from a previous fight.

It’s one of the few fights you can pinpoint and say he likely wasn’t on something. Unless you’re just a Fedor fanatic looking for any excuse.

You're the one who led with a personal attack ("idiot") and immediately got defensive. "Crybaby" = projection. I'm done, though. Have your childish last word if it makes you feel better.
Well you quoted me being a smart ass saying I was making excuses so i called out your idiot response for what it was. Lol yeah yeah go away because you know you're in the wrong. Bye idiot

yeah, i totally rekkti. Why wouldn't you hujokstrat the words?
Can you rephrase that? You aren't communicating effectively, so I don't know what you mean.

Lol so why did Fedor's "prime" end so quickly? Maybe because he was never that good? GSP and Silva were elite in their mid to late 30s, but Fedor somehow fell off a cliff in his early 30s and got KO'd by Middleweights bahahahaha

Idk dumbass maybe because Fedor was 34 fights into his career? Or the fact he was fighting a guy who had 30 lbs. and 4 inches on him?

How did Anderson look after 34 fights? Let's see, he went 4-4.

Mileage is way more important than age. That is why a guy like Mitrione is a good Heavyweight despite his age. He is 39 but has what, 15 fights?

Fedor had been fighting for over 10 years by that point.

The peak where an athlete / fighter can perform at their absolute best Is very short. All those wars, all those sparring sessions, all those Injuries, they add up. Over time the burning fire you once had can slowly fade as well. Especially when you're wealthy and maybe there's been a change In priorities / distractions, etc.

10 years Is a long time In the fight game.

Fighters also age differently, particularly when there's substances Involved which Increase the longevity of their careers.
Yet Overeem, Werdum, cerrone, Hunt are just as good as they ever were even though they've been competing for longer than fedor was at that point.

Fedor's "prime" ended when he stopped taking the steroid sake and he started fighting good competition in real fights. Laughable to claim that he was shot when his opponents were older and have been in just as many fights as him.

Fedor was never technical on the feet, his "speed advantage" was due to fighting slow brawlers and taking every PED you can imagine.

Fedor really gave up all his fight intelligence in Strikeforce. He fought like Tank Abbott. Bizarre.

This forum is slowly turning on Fedor.... I hope this isn't really happening. Dude is a legend and helped make the sport what it is today. He was a killer in pride for sure, don't forget that. If there is any doubt look at him come back kimura Kevin randleman after getting straight ragdolled onto his neck, or his legendary fight with Cro Cop, or the pitbull ferocity he unleashed on Nogueria. Fedor in strikeforce was starting to decline so u can't use that as good evidence to shit on his career. It's a natural progressive decline in skills once a fighter peaks out.

after rewatching the fedor-bigfoot fight,is pretty clear that bigfoot beat fedor cause of their technique, not their strength/physical attributes.fedor come out like usual, hands little bit down and swinging wild punches,bigfoot blocked most of them and some get through.and the main contribution to bigfoot success on feet is countering fedor wild/looping punches with inside strikes/straight punches.when you throw wild shots like Fedor, you would leave yourself open for a counter shot or get beat by straight punches
giphy.gif

some strikes didnt land on feet but it show how vulnerable and open fedor is when throwing those wild shots
giphy.gif

"the uppercut landed on head little bit"
giphy.gif

conclusion: fedor got outskilled on feet and ground.
Thanks you dick.

Yet Overeem, Werdum, cerrone, Hunt are just as good as they ever were even though they've been competing for longer than fedor was at that point.

Fedor's "prime" ended when he stopped taking the steroid sake and he started fighting good competition in real fights. Laughable to claim that he was shot when his opponents were older and have been in just as many fights as him.

Fedor was never technical on the feet, his "speed advantage" was due to fighting slow brawlers and taking every PED you can imagine.

- Werdum has 31 fights in his MMA career...Fedor didn't even have a loss until his 33rd fight.
- Is Cerrone an undersized Heavyweight?
- Overeem has been KO'd more times than I have fingers.
- Fedor was tested at PRIDE 32, Sambo events, and every US fight.
- He murdered Arlovski and Sylvia in the US when they were both still good or recently recmoved from being champion.

This post is AIDS.

This forum is slowly turning on Fedor.... I hope this isn't really happening. Dude is a legend and helped make the sport what it is today. He was a killer in pride for sure, don't forget that. If there is any doubt look at him come back kimura Kevin randleman after getting straight ragdolled onto his neck, or his legendary fight with Cro Cop, or the pitbull ferocity he unleashed on Nogueria. Fedor in strikeforce was starting to decline so u can't use that as good evidence to shit on his career. It's a natural progressive decline in skills once a fighter peaks out.
Very exciting fighter and the most accomplished fighter of all time. That said sherdog is downright delusional about his losses, he lost because the sport evolved and he wasn't the same without steroids.

- Werdum has 31 fights in his MMA career...Fedor didn't even have a loss until his 33rd fight.
- Is Cerrone an undersized Heavyweight?
- Overeem has been KO'd more times than I have fingers.
- Fedor was tested at PRIDE 32, Sambo events, and every US fight.
- He murdered Arlovski and Sylvia in the US when they were both still good or recently recmoved from being champion.

This post is AIDS.
1. Cerrone is an undersized WW more so than Fedor was at HW- 235 pounds was very average for his time.
2. This actually goes against your argument, Overeem has been brutally KO'd like 15 times and taken way more damage than Fedor yet he just put on the best performance of his career against JDS and beat Werdum.
3.HAHAHAHAHHAHHA, He was tested for real in Strikeforce that's why he couldn't take steroids anymore.
4.Again it goes against your point, Fedor put on the best performance of his career 1 year before he was supposedly "past prime".

I Love Fedor and I would say he is the GOAT in that he was the most dominant against the best fighters of HIS time, but nuthuggers like you are in denial. The sport evolved since then, guys like Coleman, Silvia and Randleman could never be champ at the highest level anymore.

after rewatching the fedor-bigfoot fight,is pretty clear that bigfoot beat fedor cause of their technique, not their strength/physical attributes.fedor come out like usual, hands little bit down and swinging wild punches,bigfoot blocked most of them and some get through.and the main contribution to bigfoot success on feet is countering fedor wild/looping punches with inside strikes/straight punches.when you throw wild shots like Fedor, you would leave yourself open for a counter shot or get beat by straight punches
giphy.gif

some strikes didnt land on feet but it show how vulnerable and open fedor is when throwing those wild shots
giphy.gif

"the uppercut landed on head little bit"
giphy.gif

conclusion: fedor got outskilled on feet and ground.

Fedor's style just did'nt translate into his slower, less explosive declined version?

qsyvDgC.gif

Wich is more or less the history of his ugly decline, Fedor lost "superpowers" when he lost his speed

His style does'nt fit his older version, but at same time it was and still is unparalled (HW) when he was in his athletical prime

He used to fight less stupid for sure, but tbh just by speed/explosiveness/reflexes itself prime Fedor will have garygoodriged Bigfoot inside one round lol

1. Cerrone is an undersized WW more so than Fedor was at HW- 235 pounds was very average for his time.
2. This actually goes against your argument, Overeem has been brutally KO'd like 15 times and taken way more damage than Fedor yet he just put on the best performance of his career against JDS and beat Werdum.
3.HAHAHAHAHHAHHA, He was tested for real in Strikeforce that's why he couldn't take steroids anymore.
4.Again it goes against your point, Fedor put on the best performance of his career 1 year before he was supposedly "past prime".

I Love Fedor and I would say he is the GOAT in that he was the most dominant against the best fighters of HIS time, but nuthuggers like you are in denial. The sport evolved since then, guys like Coleman, Silvia and Randleman could never be champ at the highest level anymore.

Oh yeah dude, what a total evolution. Guys like Ngannou and Black Beast are wayyyy ahead of the fighters from 10 years ago. Must be why guys like Overeem, Hunt, and Arlovski are still in the top 10 yet they are 40 years old. Mark Hunt hasn't evolved worth shit. Arlovski is worse than he once was. Overeem like we said has been KO'd a million times. The Heavyweight division is a complete disaster aside from Stipe.

Fedor's best performance was clearly against Cro Cop or Big Nog, not Arlvoski or Sylvia.

Cerrone was fighting at LW and WW, so I don't understand your point. This post is about Bigfoot who Fedor was way smaller than. I don't feel like naming everyone but off the top of my head, Arlovski, Sylvia, Rogers, etc. all had pretty big size advantages of Fedor.

As for Overeem, that fight was over 2 years ago. Not to mention, the guy has always been a roider. I think we can agree Overeem is kind of an outlier. I have never seen a man put on 50 pounds of lean muscle like him. What a medical marvel.

Back