just rewatched the bigfoot-fedor fight.fedor got completely outskilled by bigfoot

Same reason to why BJ Penn started fighting even tho he was born in a rich family: they're real fighters, they love the sport, felt in love in the business of punching people in the face, very different from ATHLETES like GSP/DJ for examples, these 2 would never fight past their prime against someone dangerous, they're prize fighters, not the same thing.

GSP is 36 and definitely past his prime after taking so much time off. So I don’t agree with that.

He got ko’d by a 2 year mma novice, Daniel Cormier, in the following fight. A real handful he was.

....an 8-0 at the time olympic caliber wrestler who went on to win the SF HW GP (albeit as an alternate) and become one of the greatest LHWs ever, and who has a decent shot at beating Stipe to become UFC HW champ soon.

No shame in losing to Cormier, even back then.

Bigfoot had 60lbs+ and was more souped up than a Chiron

I give Fedor his respect for what he did in Pride. However, I don’t subscribe to the notion that he woke up one day and was no longer in his prime or unable to be competitive. I totally get losing a step, but damn, dude just couldn’t hang anymore.

GSP got older, lost a step, and his victories became less dominant. But he continued winning. How people can just give Fedor a pass by saying he was completely done by age 33 is beyond me.

But Fedors the giant killer! Unless that giant is actually good. But he’s a beast against middleweights and pro wrestlers with no MMA experience.

Edit: except for Hendo he smashed his head through the mat

He beat a load of UFC champs, K1 champs, Olympic medalists, and ruled the Pride HW division for years.

At that time, Big Timmy and Arlovski fought 3 times for the UFC HW title. They ruled the UFC. Fedor came over and destroyed them both.

Hendo and Werdum were both fighting in Japan and couldn't win the title there, so that kills the 'weaker competition in Japan' argument you picked up from Chael Sonnen (who fought in Japan a few times and couldn't get a single win)

Fedor lost against Big foot because of a throw he couldn't execute correctly, which is fair enough....if Bigfoot wasn't juiced out his tits.

Bye Chael.

I give Fedor his respect for what he did in Pride. However, I don’t subscribe to the notion that he woke up one day and was no longer in his prime or unable to be competitive. I totally get losing a step, but damn, dude just couldn’t hang anymore.

GSP got older, lost a step, and his victories became less dominant. But he continued winning. How people can just give Fedor a pass by saying he was completely done by age 33 is beyond me.

His age was irrelevant, his ring age is.

Look at the list of every fighter who has been in the UFC for ten or more years, then tell me which ones are reaching their peak and not on a down slide. Then look at their ages. Their ages are pretty varied, there's no correlation of their actual age, just their career length.

His age was irrelevant, his ring age is.

Look at the list of every fighter who has been in the UFC for ten or more years, then tell me which ones are reaching their peak and not on a down slide. Then look at their ages. Their ages are pretty varied, there's no correlation of their actual age, just their career length.

I mean, I did just mention GSP.

Wonder if Mir steamrolls him.
TUO879U.png

Bisping is not a dangerous opponent, he's a average fighter that GSP cherry picked.

Silly.. The kind of comment no educated fan should make.. He came back to fight again at least one more time. And Bisping has 20 UFC wins..

Yeah i do think there was more to the fall than just age/mileage. One factor could have been that he just wasnt needing to stay sharp anymore because he wasnt fighting anywhere near as frequently, and in particular wasnt facing high level opposition as frequently. He only fought 5 times between his last Pride fight in late 06 and his loss to Werdum, and there was 3 years between Cro Cop and Big Tim where he didnt fight anyone that was considered a true top HW.

Yeah i do think there was more to the fall than just age/mileage. One factor could have been that he just wasnt needing to stay sharp anymore because he wasnt fighting anywhere near as frequently, and in particular wasnt facing high level opposition as frequently. He only fought 5 times between his last Pride fight in late 06 and his loss to Werdum, and there was 3 years between Cro Cop and Big Tim where he didnt fight anyone that was considered a true top HW.

So the legendary “10 year run” was padded with some tune up fights in between?

Last edited:
It's heavyweight, anyone can knock-out anyone. Even Fedor can get (and got) caught.

You missed the point. Fedor was simply brawling....which means he was just asking to get caught. It happened next when he fought MW Hendo.

Except when he faced other small HWs like Cormier and Cain. Both guys destroyed him in the 1st round...Cain did it twice.

Next Fedor excuse....
Not a fedor fan....idiot

So the legendary “10 year run” was padded with some time up fights in between?

I think "padded" is probably too harsh as the likes of Hunt, Coleman and Lindland were not complete bums or anything, but obviously they were far from being cream of the crop non UFC HWs at the time. Considering Fedors status back then, he should have fought guys like Barnett (which tbf was supposed to happen), Kharitanov and Reem in that 07-10 period.

Back