Jos

Remains to be seen. He's amazing. But I think any talk of P4P #1 is a little premature and unwarranted at the moment.

I think he's slightly overrated, he grabs the fence, has pretty bad cardio and couldn't even put Edgar in any sort of trouble most of the fight (even though people expected Aldo to murder him).

How many times have you seen him grab the fence?

How many times have you seen him really tired?

How many times has Frankie Edgar been finished?

He's p4p number 4, hardly underrated.

This right here.
He only has more defenses than jones Anderson and gsp are well documented kingpins of their respective divisions. Obviously if he were to have two belts and maintain one for the rest of his career then he certainly has an argument for goat but as of now his rank is pretty accurate.

Thread/

He has 4 fights in the UFC and the TS wants him ahead of champions on record breaking title defense win streaks? Ok....

And everyone knows he's great. Underrated is a silly way to discuss his career.

And for the record, I hate p4p discussions anyway. They are entirely subjective and that's why we get threads like this one all the time.

He's really good. Great even. But I don't think he'd clean out 155 just because he did so to 145, nor do I put him on an even plane with Anderson Silva.

Fair enough.

I don't think he'd clean out 155 either... but I think he might have a decent shot at the title... which is impressive enough on its own. Also don't think he's quite on Anderson's level...

Amongst the champs? Probably. I think he should get a little bit more credit than he does.

Freaking striker. Dede Pederneiras puts Renan Barao in the same level of striking

He's p4p number 4, hardly underrated.

I came to say this, but you beat me to it. He's by far the most highly regarded fighter of lighter weight classes and is prob regarded as the 2nd most devastating striker after Anderson

He gets tons of attention. to be number 2 he needs to win some LW matches. I think he can, but he needs to go prove it. Until then AS, and JJ should be the top 2.

Aldo is close to unbeatable in a 3 round fight, but 5 rounds is doable.

lol @ Aldo being underrated. He is a natural Welterweight beating up much smaller guys. It isn't like he is cutting 5-10 lbs to fight at FW. It is the same reason why Bones is dominating 205. You get a guy much larger than his competition and he rips through them. At least Anderson and Georges have both been beating guys their own size pretty routinely.

To a casual fan, he may be underrated.

But most of us here are hardcore fans of the sport. We actually know how good Aldo is, and that's a consensus top 4 pound-for-pound fighter. Phenomenal striker with good TDD and better than average grappling, but the questionable cardio has kept him off of being over the likes of Jones and Anderson.

I like how you mention his wins too, which is really underrated for Aldo also. Add that his division is still loaded with contenders he's yet to face (like Pettis, Lamas, etc.), and Aldo could stay at 145 and add to his impressive resum

lol @ Aldo being underrated. He is a natural Welterweight beating up much smaller guys. It isn't like he is cutting 5-10 lbs to fight at FW. It is the same reason why Bones is dominating 205. You get a guy much larger than his competition and he rips through them. At least Anderson and Georges have both been beating guys their own size pretty routinely.

aldo-florian-ufc-136-presser.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Jose-Aldo-vs-Chad-Mendes-UFC-142-Weigh.jpg

036_jose_aldo_and_frankie_edgar.0_standard_352.0.jpg

..yeah, he just TOWERS over all of those midgets!! How has no one noticed that?!? It's like Jon's advantage, but WAY worse!!!

You are in the weightclass you fight in.

Your biased notion of "natural wieght" is just a tool to hate.

He's P4P #4 if I'm not mistaking and he's the champ. Can hardly call that underrated my friend.

He is the most overrated imo. Great fighter but looks very beatable most of the time (unlike Anderson, Jones, or GSP). There are plenty of people who argue that he could clean out 155.

No one has put a scratch on Jose LOL

Doesn't look beatable to me from what I have seen. He's out classed everyone.

If he was overrated he would have lost by now. Jose has a natural speed advantage like no other and the must brutal kicks. He's strong and hell physically and cannot be held down on the ground for more than a sec. His take down D is top notch and his top control, creativity, GNP and finishing abilities are unreal.

Back