Jos

lol @ Aldo being underrated. He is a natural Welterweight beating up much smaller guys. It isn't like he is cutting 5-10 lbs to fight at FW. It is the same reason why Bones is dominating 205. You get a guy much larger than his competition and he rips through them. At least Anderson and Georges have both been beating guys their own size pretty routinely.

You mean those supposed elite fighters that George and Silva are beating in terms of title defenses like Cote, Leites, Maia, Franklin, Okami, Koscheck, Alves and Diaz.

Compared to Machida, Rashad, Rampage, SHogun etc..

You are comparing cubs to lions in terms of title defenses, cubs to lions in who jones is defending his belt quality wise compared to the weaker quantity of the other champs defenses.

PS: Aldo is not a WW, at best he is a LW.

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned he's underrated by the media, UFC, and most fans.

He's should be promoted as exactly what he is. The BEST fighter in the world today.

Now eventually they will have to acknowledge this, and they will. I think their waiting to start this campaign in early July once a certain facade they've been perpetuating for years comes to an end.

LMAO

i dont know why but the subtlety in this post just made me burst out laughing. i know what your implying-good stuff

also ive been on the aldo war-wagon for a while, i don't know if hes the best but he isn't as far behind as people like top think

He hasn't been terribly exciting in a long time. He's also very quiet, and fights mostly guys in a division that are not all that well known. That said, of course he has been quite amazing. Faber, Mendez, Homminick, Edgar, Swanson, Mike Thomas Brown, Manny... they are all great fighters.

He does look vincible, however.

He belongs at #4 p4p.

There is no logical argument to put him above any of the top 3

The people that think Frankie won the Aldo fight are absolutely insane, He won one round convincingly, and arguably won another round, but thats it. He most definitely did not win the first, second, or fifth round by any stretch of the imagination, and Aldo did show he has a good gas tank by beating him pretty bad in the fifth.

Id say Frankie Edgar is the most underrated top end fighter considering he has only lost because of time, not skill. Frankie was breaking down Aldo and surely would have won if there was more time. That tells me that Frankie is the superior fighter if not restricted by the UFC's rules.

The people that think Frankie won the Aldo fight are absolutely insane, He won one round convincingly, and arguably won another round, but thats it. He most definitely did not win the first, second, or fifth round by any stretch of the imagination, and Aldo did show he has a good gas tank by beating him pretty bad in the fifth.

I think you're a little confused. Frankie absolutely won the last round. The only thing questionable is the third round. But ya, Frankie was breaking down Aldo and it was getting worse every round. I would have been surprised if Aldo would have been able to last another 2 rounds without Edgar overwhelming and finishing him.

Isn't he #4 pfp? That is right around where he should be. I dont see him dominate the way jones does either

Id say Frankie Edgar is the most underrated top end fighter considering he has only lost because of time, not skill. Frankie was breaking down Aldo and surely would have won if there was more time. That tells me that Frankie is the superior fighter if not restricted by the UFC's rules.

You're crazy.. Aldo was coasting in the last round and wary of Frankie going for one of his round-stealing TDs. No way Edgar 'breaks' Aldo, not if it's 6 rounds, not if it's 10 rounds.

Not sure if serious, but they look around the same same to me.
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

mma_e_aldo11_576.jpg

dbb86_ufc_156_tickets_on_sale_bf120_ufc_156_tickets_go_on_sale_ufc156_11_aldo_vs_edgar_028.jpg

They don't look the same size in any of these pics. 'Dwarfed' may have been excessive but Aldo was clearly the larger man.

He belongs at #4 p4p.

There is no logical argument to put him above any of the top 3

I don't understand why jones instantly jumped over Aldo when Aldo was already ranked #3 p4p. He was just as dominant early in his career and has continued his dominance and reign over the division. The fact that jones beat a lot of big names shouldn't have launched him past aldo. I consider Aldo's wins over Frankie and mendes equal to machida and shogun (if shogun hadn't been coming off a long lay off). Then mike brown, Kenny florian, and Uriah faber being similar to rashad, vitor, and rampage. Add in Aldo's longer reign and what I believe is a better skillset, then he should still be ranked above jones. Sucks that he's not heavier, than he would get the recognition.

I like Aldo he has amazing talent and skill, but he is underrated because he is underweighted

One of the most underrated fighters in the UFC.

You mean those supposed elite fighters that George and Silva are beating in terms of title defenses like Cote, Leites, Maia, Franklin, Okami, Koscheck, Alves and Diaz.

Compared to Machida, Rashad, Rampage, SHogun etc..

You are comparing cubs to lions in terms of title defenses, cubs to lions in who jones is defending his belt quality wise compared to the weaker quantity of the other champs defenses.

PS: Aldo is not a WW, at best he is a LW.

No. A lhw with something like Koschecks credentials would automatically be the number two guy and an immediate threat to the champ. Oh wait, that person does exist, Cormier. Fighters like Rashad, Rampage and Shogun wish they were on that level.

I don't understand why jones instantly jumped over Aldo when Aldo was already ranked #3 p4p. He was just as dominant early in his career and has continued his dominance and reign over the division. The fact that jones beat a lot of big names shouldn't have launched him past aldo. I consider Aldo's wins over Frankie and mendes equal to machida and shogun (if shogun hadn't been coming off a long lay off). Then mike brown, Kenny florian, and Uriah faber being similar to rashad, vitor, and rampage. Add in Aldo's longer reign and what I believe is a better skillset, then he should still be ranked above jones. Sucks that he's not heavier, than he would get the recognition.

Really? I consider Mendes and Edgar to be rather clealry superior to Machida and Shogun as a pair of wins.

Really? I consider Mendes and Edgar to be rather clealry superior to Machida and Shogun as a pair of wins.

Lol, no. Maybe now in Shogun's case but when Jones beat him he was the reigning champion and universally acknowledged number 1 fighter in the division. That win was "rather clearly" better than both Mendes and Edgar. I'd say the Machida win was better than Mendes and equal to Edgar, although I put more stock in Jones' murder of Machida than Aldo's barely squeaking by (and arguably losing to) Edgar.

There is no logical argument for putting Aldo ahead of Jones, unless of course you're a hugger of one and hater of the other (surely that isn't it though?).

I can only speak for myself but I say he's (obviously) FW GOAT and P4P top 3, so hardly underrated. But I guess a lot of people still like to think that he's not that good, which is strange.

Back