Jos

No way Aldo should be ranked above Jones, Anderson or GSP. Therefore, he can't be overrated.

Read that the Florian fight was close...are you guys even watching the fights?

Aldo, like Bones, has the issue of beating up on guys much smaller than him. He cuts a lot to make 145 and realistically should be at 155. Until he makes the move, he is exactly where he belongs P4P and shouldn't move up. If he or Jones move up and win a few fights, they will take out GSP for sure at P4P unless he manages to beat someone at 185 or Silva at a catchweight.

How in the hell could the most underrated fighter be #3 or 4 p4p?

You're demanding an unreal amount of respect for him.

Most underrated is someone more like Hyun Gyu Lim. He's being judged based on his first performance where he could have had octagon jitters and frankly he had a safe, but smart game plan against a grappling heavy opponent.

Brad Tavares is up there also. I thought he beat Simpson, which would make him undefeated in UFC, and against Yang he had a lackluster performance in part because he got hit in the eye.

In addition, what about Travis Browne? What, was he supposed to on one leg beat an opponent? Also, I thought he edged Kongo. And he fought Broughton in the thin air of Denver. He hasn't had the best luck.

Finally, yet another Hawaiian, Max Holloway, I feel is among the most underrated too. I had him beating both Bermudez and Garcia. His first fight in the octagon was at 20 years old, against Poirier. That's a hell of an ask.

FTR, I'm not even close to Hawaiian. It's just a coincidence that they've had some bad luck, and maybe I can appreciate their warrior spirit.

Back