Jos

Killuminati0947

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
In my opinion Aldo is tied with Anderson for #1 p4p. He has already defended his belt 6 times (including WEC) against some pretty good competition Faber, Edgar, Mendes, Florian, etc. and he's only 26. He has a devastating-entertaining fighting style. He'll probably be the first fighter to hold two belts at the same time in the UFC in the next year or so. He gets recognized as a great champ, but when people talk about the very best fighters in the sport Anderson, GSP, and Jones get all the attention, and Aldo might be more skilled than any of them. Because of his weight class he really doesn't get the respect he deserves even with huge MMA fans. If he keeps it up for the rest of his career he should be in the discussion for GOAT.

He is the most overrated imo. Great fighter but looks very beatable most of the time (unlike Anderson, Jones, or GSP). There are plenty of people who argue that he could clean out 155.

I think most people know, ts. He's a consensus top 4 P4P fighter. Hard to say he's underrated.

In my opinion Aldo is tied with Anderson for #1 p4p. He has already defended his belt 6 times (including WEC) against some pretty good competition Faber, Edgar, Mendes, Florian, etc. and he's only 26. He has a devastating-entertaining fighting style. He'll probably be the first fighter to hold two belts at the same time in the UFC in the next year or so. He gets recognized as a great champ, but when people talk about the very best fighters in the sport Anderson, GSP, and Jones get all the attention, and Aldo might be more skilled than any of them. Because of his weight class he really doesn't get the respect he deserves even with huge MMA fans. If he keeps it up for the rest of his career he should be in the discussion for GOAT.

I think hes overrated hes definitely very skilled but people are always talking about how he should be 2 on the p4p list ... he has awfulcardio for a fw and that will get him into trouble one day

I will say aldo is off the casuals radar for how good he is. The ufc doesn't give him enough face time like they do with rousey, Jones and sonnen

Yeah, 95% of us consider him a top 5 p4p fighter and the FW goat, very underrated...

I think hes overrated hes definitely very skilled but people are always talking about how he should be 2 on the p4p list ... he has awfulcardio for a fw and that will get him into trouble one day

Excellent post, I was going to add that his suspect gas tank will one day spell the end of his streak.

I will say aldo is off the casuals radar for how good he is. The ufc doesn't give him enough face time like they do with rousey, Jones and sonnen

Because casuals are probably more interested in the big boys and chick fights than they are with guys who are physically smaller than they are.

Disagree TS. I think he is exactly where he should be in the P4P rankings.

Aldo fans are delusional. Hes not more skilled than Anderson silva. Hes not more accomplished than GSP or Jon Jones. Hes number 4

Because casuals are probably more interested in the big boys and chick fights than they are with guys who are physically smaller than they are.

Once the novelty factor of chick fights wears off, the smaller guys will get their rightful share of the attention. As it stands, I personally think Aldo's great...just not as good as Silva/GSP/Jones.

People consider him unbeatable in his weight class, and he is a fucking champion. How the fuck is he underrated?

He is the most overrated imo. Great fighter but looks very beatable most of the time (unlike Anderson, Jones, or GSP). There are plenty of people who argue that he could clean out 155.

Suspect gas tank? He had one bad weight cut that affected him versus Hominick... but how can you question his gas tank when he just outlasted Frankie Edgar in a 5 round fight?

He's a warrior, and therefore I over rate the shit out of him.

He's not underrated , he's slightly overrated but he's 100% badass .
He's #4 P4P for a reason .

I think he's slightly overrated, he grabs the fence, has pretty bad cardio and couldn't even put Edgar in any sort of trouble most of the fight (even though people expected Aldo to murder him).

Back