Jones VS Sonnen Stoppage

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference was Brock was moving, whereas Chael wasn't. He was pinned down, and he was gonna take those elbows, knees, and punches for another good 20-30 seconds, in which he was gonna get the fight stopped anyways.

Difference was the ref. Some refs would have stopped the Brock fight.

to be fair

when josh told brock to fight back, brock would move to a different position, then get pounded on again until josh told him to fight back, he never stopped responding

when theref told chael to fight back, he continued to stay fetal

it wasnt an ideal stoppage, but it wasnt terrible or the same thing as brock/carwin

Free Josh Rosenthal!

Brock-Lesnar-vs-Shane-carwin.jpg

Josh Rosenthal let's guys fight. He's had a couple bad stoppages like any ref but he is usually good. Most refs would have stopped Lesnar vs Carwin even though as we saw Lesnar ended up winning.

lol chael is LHW champ holy shit

you are so cool noob =)

haha, you think just because I have a new account on sherdog, I'm a noob?

You are correct in thinking I am cool though. I'll give you that.

BTW chael got his ASS kicked tonight, and at least took it like a man.

I thought it was a few seconds early, but I'm not too sad about it. Fight was decided at that point.

Maybe a tad early but all it did was save Chaels face from any more damage. Stoppage was coming within 10 seconds.

after 5 punches? WTF??!!?!?? Can the Reffing be more biased???? Come the fuck on?? If this isn't evidence the refs take into consideration who will benefit the UFC in the long run winning, I don't know what is.

Now I absolutely knew Chael would lose, just thought it was beyond early and a hypocrisy when compared to the Brock/Carwin fight. Lame!

Biased reffing? Dude, the UFC would've made so much money if Chael won the fight and they could've had a rematch for the ages.

The only shot that really connected was the knee, Chael was defending the rest.

I mean, he had nothing for Jones, and i am glad that he didn't win the belt with a freak injury but the stoppage was bullshit. A lot of fighters have overcomed worse beatdowns. The ref was impressed with JJ elbows, but the fight was not over yet.

It was justified imo.

It could have gone on longer but I can see how the ref had seen enough. Staying in a fetal position is not showing the ref that you can continue to fight.

When there's a big knee to the body you have to show that it didn't immobilize you or else you will be rescued.

See: Tito/Shad II, Pettis/Cerrone, etc.

Don't get swayed by Jon's foot injury.

to be fair

when josh told brock to fight back, brock would move to a different position, then get pounded on again until josh told him to fight back, he never stopped responding

when theref told chael to fight back, he continued to stay fetal

it wasnt an ideal stoppage, but it wasnt terrible or the same thing as brock/carwin

The ref didn't say shit to Chael. Please stop.

I voted early stoppage; in a championship fight, you have to give a guy every chance to get out of that situation. That being said, I dont think it would have made any difference; Jones had Sonnen DOMINATED and more of the same vicious beating was coming and Sonnen wasnt stopping it. It would have been stopped in 10 or 15 more seconds anyway.

I voted good stoppage, but only because Chael would be the champion right now if the fight wasn't stopped. And that's bullshit.

chael later said he thought he was fine.. aka he thought it was early. chael is always gracious in his post fight loss speeches though.

we all know it was early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back