Jones VS Sonnen Stoppage

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer is kinda both. The stoppage itself was a bit fast, but it definitely looked like Sonnen was done in short order.

Would have been hilarious to see the fight reach the end of the round....And Jones not be able to continue.

if this was the jungle, sonnen would have killed jones once he realized his toe was fucked and he winced in pain

Free Josh Rosenthal!

Brock-Lesnar-vs-Shane-carwin.jpg

Ya really. Drugs should be legal. Bad reffing should be illegal!!!

LOL @ people saying he was defending. He was quitting. Curled into a ball and was gonna stay that way until the ref stopped it. Exactly the same as the Anderson fight.

I, for one, think you're probably right. But it would be a whole lot better if we let the fighters decide that in the cage, rather than being stuck using past references to speculate about it on a forum.

Knee to the chest then some gnp.

Sonnen was done.

He got up after Anderson knee. Not saying anything but that because he was in a bad position it doesn't mean he can't get out of it like he did against Silva before getting knocked down afterwards.

Chaels injuries were superficial and he was still intelligently defending himself, early stoppage imo.

Would have been hilarious to see the fight reach the end of the round....And Jones not be able to continue.

Would have been the perfect end to a very strange night in Jersey for the UFC

I voted early, but it was a matter of time really.

You talk as though this is the same ref, and this event was regulated by the same commission. You also sound ridiculous.

The difference was Brock was moving, whereas Chael wasn't. He was pinned down, and he was gonna take those elbows, knees, and punches for another good 20-30 seconds, in which he was gonna get the fight stopped anyways.

Was at a BWW...the whole place freaked out at the stoppage, then everyone promptly left. It was very early. Jones is the better fighter, let him win it - don't give it to him before he wins.

Chael isn't like the Diaz bros, he will admit to losing respectfully.

But yes the stoppage sucked. I think when people see Jones elbows flying, they want to try and stop the fight immediately.

You're right Jones should have relieved him of consciousness, then rain down 5 more shots so we could complain about a late stoppage.

I didnt care who really won. To me it was early tho. Then again I think alot of fights are ended to early. I am not a just bleed guy, but if youre not laid out, and still have a chance let the fight go. Chael was getting hammered but to me didnt look like he was out of the fight. Eating some elbows and punches is never a good thing, but if you are still very coherent let it go. Thats what these guys get paid to do. I felt the fans were robbed of a fight. I feel bad for Jones toe, and the guy is simply amazing! Tho this was early no matter the toe. If Chael would have been left alone to survive the round and Jones been TKO'ed by a broken toe I wouldnt be happy about that either. In conclusion bad stoppage, but I am not that upset about it.

Sonnen shut down, like he always does when he faces real adversity. No point for him to eat 5 more hellbows and get concussed.

Early. Only people voting otherwise are those who think Jones might have lost because of his injury if it didn't happen.

Everyone knows Jones was dominating, but that stoppage was early by any standard.

Early, but Sonnen would have won because Jones broke his foot and no one would have seen him as a true champion because he did get dominated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back