Jones VS Sonnen Stoppage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Rosenthal let's guys fight. He's had a couple bad stoppages like any ref but he is usually good. Most refs would have stopped Lesnar vs Carwin even though as we saw Lesnar ended up winning.

Only early stoppages are bad stoppages. Everything else is more entertainment.

He is a guy who represents the UFC directly by being a broadcast analyst. Of course he isn't going to stomp around saying the stoppage was bad, and he pretty much did say the stoppage was bad. He said he felt he had tons and thought it was early left he obviously disagrees with the stoppage silently.

Dude, obviously, I don't know what I was thinking. I should have read his mind like you did...

It was the exact position and stoppage as with Anderson, Chael was on his side and taking shots. Stood up and was fine after both fights but wasn't doing anything to show he had fight left in him during the fight. Fight over.

Early. Not that I thought Jones would lose, but come on... Definitely early.

Some people are saying he broke his toe after the fight in Celebration, if that is true it was too early a stoppage as I'm sure Jones would have gladly finished him in round 2 to have his toe not break on a freak celebration injury.

If Chael really wanted to not get this fight stopped, he wouldn't have been in the fetal position in the first place.

Besides, if it wasn't for Jon Jones' apparent broken toe, half of you wouldn't even be complaining about this.

Early stoppage no doubt. Sometimes the best way to intelligently defend yourself is to get your forearms in front of the other guys elbows.

It was the exact position and stoppage as with Anderson, Chael was on his side and taking shots. Stood up and was fine after both fights but wasn't doing anything to show he had fight left in him during the fight. Fight over.
People cried foul during that fight too, but the position is only half of it. He was only like that for a few seconds vs Jones before the ref called it. Guarantee Herb Dean would have let it go longer. Sonnen got dominated anyway, but still. Early stoppage is an early stoppage.

Some people are saying he broke his toe after the fight in Celebration, if that is true it was too early a stoppage as I'm sure Jones would have gladly finished him in round 2 to have his toe not break on a freak celebration injury.

This just got proven wrong.

If Chael really wanted to not get this fight stopped, he wouldn't have been in the fetal position in the first place.

Besides, if it wasn't for Jon Jones' apparent broken toe, half of you wouldn't even be complaining about this.

Nonsense. It's the broken toe that's making people vote otherwise. They think if it hand't been stopped and Chael had survived the round, Jones would have lost.

Look, Jones was dominating and probably would have stopped him legitimately 10 seconds later. This is about the ref... He didn't even ask Chael to start defending himself from what I saw. You've got to warn them at least.

Bad stoppage, haven't seen anything legit posted yet to say otherwise. I think people need to rewatch it again. Possibly on drugs.

how are retards voting for 'early', lol

Your answer lies in your question. (present company excluded) WoW! See that replay of Bones toe break? Dang...how did THAT happen? (before big toe would slide instead of snapping off!?)

It was fair enough, it wasn't too early but it wasn't a good stoppage either.

sooo people that have rewatched it say that Jones broke it during his celebration...

guess the whole "early stoppage Chael would have won by injury" doesn't really stand..
Doesn't make an early stoppage okay. Sonnen got dominated for sure, but still, we'll never know what could have happened.

Good stoppage. Chael should have tried to get out of the position. He covered up and just took punishment, didn't look like he was improving his position at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back