Jones VS Sonnen Stoppage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Championship fight - stoppage way too early. This is coming from a Jones fan.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Jones smash Sonnen for another 10 or 15 seconds, but Sonnen wasn't finishing that round regardless.

Chael didn't complain so niether will I.

it would have been an early stoppage, but imagine if the ref saw that toe.

Championship fight - stoppage way too early. This is coming from a Jones fan.

The stakes are completely irrelevant, especially in regards to fighter safety. The fact is Chael was done and there was no reason to wait until his head was knocked off

I can not even begin to understand how any Chael fan could want that fight to go past that first round. Jon basically took Chaels only method of winning this fight any from him and bashed him in the head with it repeatedly. The fact that some of Chael's fans feel slighted that their fighter was unable to win the fight on a technicality(injury) is really sad and reeks of desperation honestly lol.

When you consider how chael got this title shot and the significant size difference between the two fighters it is easy to see that Chael did not belong in that cage with Jon period. Chael fans should be happy because the way I look at it Chael got off really easy and the outcome could have been MUCH worse.

Chael was done, I think Jones was maybe 2 or 3 more shots from having everyone crying about how this was such a horrific late stoppage, but... It would have been poetic justice for Chael to have survived the round and won the title on Jones' dislocated toe. The UFC would absolutely deserve the ensuing fiasco for putting together such a BS title shot. I like Chael, but he just doesn't seem to belong at LHW and had no business in there with Jones.

was bullshit stoppage, ref seen jones toes and stopped it, was bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back