Jones: I would absolutely jump at the opportunity to have a super fight with Weidman!

Jones: I'd absolutely fight Weidman - Scared of Cain
Jones: I won't fight Weidman - Scared of Weidman

lol he said the press conf that he would like to dominate his LHW when asked if he'd like to fight Cain then he says this shit?

Keep fighting smaller guys Jon.

Might be remembering it wrong but didn't Jones previously say that he didn't think that fight made any sense?

To be fair Weidman is quite a huge MW who could probably fight at 205 and be bigger than quite a few guys in that division if he wanted too.

That said i'd much rather see Jones vs Cain (if he beats Cormier) than Jones vs Wiedman

Weidman would be bigger than Vitor, Machida, and Chael, but not as big as natural LHW's like Glover, Cormier, and Gustafsson.

I'd watch this fight, as I really enjoy watching both guys fight, but I wouldn't expect Chris to be able to deal with Jones' size advantage. You never know, though. Jonny does leave some openings, and Weidman seems to be a master at capitalizing on the smallest openings.

He loves fighting middleweights and those of middleweight size; though Weidman is a huge middleweight, this comes off poorly in that respect.

something something fighting middleweights

LOL Weidman is bigger than 85% of the LHWs ..

He would probably be one of the biggest opponents Jones has faced sizewise comes fight night ..

I'd like to see this fight though if both continued to win for let's say 1 year / 3 fights each..

Weidman actually has all the tools to make it competitive or even win it
He is a more legit threat at Jones than everyone under HW not named Gus, DC and (maybe) Rumble

What makes you think that?

Because you are most likely hating on jones for fighting moddleweights as you say because he beat at least one, maybe more, of your favorite fighters and you're butthurt about it.

Weidman is a bigger threat to Jones than Cormier. Once neither of them have compelling challengers, let's do it. plz.

He loves fighting middleweights and those of middleweight size; though Weidman is a huge middleweight, this comes off poorly in that respect.

It only comes off poorly to people who reach for the heavens.

Not only was he asked about it, the whole question was based around having the top two New York Guys fighting in New York, where MMA is currently illegal.

--------

Sherdog.com: What would it mean for you to have a similar opportunity to participate in a fight like that in New York, a state in which you were born and raised and one in which MMA is currently still illegal?

Jones: I think mixed martial arts being legalized in New York State is just a matter of time. We have a lot of intelligent people working on this situation, and I think that every time that you lobby in your state that you’re getting closer and closer. My dream is to fight at Madison Square Garden, and I think that, as a fighter, fighting at the Garden is [the] pinnacle. Muhammad Ali fought there, and Mike Tyson fought there. The greatest fighters of all-time have all gotten to compete at the Garden, so I think that our time will come. I think that our proponents and our people will continue to push for it, and I think that eventually, we won’t be ignored. They just can’t ignore us forever.

Sherdog.com: Have you ever considered what it would be like to face Weidman in an all-New York fight at MSG?
Jones: Oh, man, I think that would be awesome. I would absolutely jump at the opportunity to have a super fight with Chris Weidman. I respect him a lot as a person and as a champion, and I think that that fight would make great sales -- absolutely.

MMA site looking for clicks vs What he actually said:

5:05
[YT]ty_FEVuRXAE[/YT]

Reporter: For a while there a lot of people were talking about you going to HW and maybe a Super fight with Cain but it seems the LHW division has filled up with contenders, you have Alex, Glover, DC, Davis, Rumble, do you feel this division is going to keep you interested in staying at 205 for some time?

Jones: Yeah definitely I answered a question similar to that earlier today about possibly fighting Cain and I answered it I have no interest at this point there alot of great competition to test myself against. Glover being first on that agenda..., People are interested in rematches [Gustafsson], Phil Davis said he

Because you are most likely hating on jones for fighting moddleweights as you say because he beat at least one, maybe more, of your favorite fighters and you're butthurt about it.

Oh. No.

It only comes off poorly to people who reach for the heavens.

Not only was he asked about it, the whole question was based around having the top two New York Guys fighting in New York, where MMA is currently illegal.

--------

Sherdog.com: What would it mean for you to have a similar opportunity to participate in a fight like that in New York, a state in which you were born and raised and one in which MMA is currently still illegal?

Jones: I think mixed martial arts being legalized in New York State is just a matter of time. We have a lot of intelligent people working on this situation, and I think that every time that you lobby in your state that you

Asked if he would fight CW, people bitch because he says yes. That is not a callout.

Weidman finishes JJ in the 2nd.

Bones would make it look easy IMO. I love that both these guys are willing to fight each other unfortunately Dana would want them to clean their divisions before they could ever fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back