Jones: I would absolutely jump at the opportunity to have a super fight with Weidman!

Hendricks said he wanted to fight Weidman.

Weidman said he wouldn't be interested in a fight with Hendricks because of his size advantage and would much rather challenge himself by fighting Jones.

Jones wants to fight the guy in the lower weight class.

Hendricks is taking the right aproach... so is Weidman... It all falls on Jones, its ok if he wants to fight Weidman but he should also fight Cain then

something something fighting middleweights

ahahaaha, always fighting mw, and calling out the champion of the lower weight class, really?

well, standard by him

Talking about Cain and JDS would be a pretty strange answer to "Have you ever considered what it would be like to face Weidman in an all-New York fight at MSG?".

Not really . Would just make jones look like a badass. But he's not

lol at people complaining about sizes, Chris and Jon are very similar in size

nah, DC would get starched and he knows it.

Fighting Cain in Mexico City for the HW Championship would be a way bigger deal to me but im not quite so sure about the average fan.

R u insane?!

If u think DC Would just get "starched" against Cain your not thinking straight, don't just type think first.

To be fair Weidman is quite a huge MW who could probably fight at 205 and be bigger than quite a few guys in that division if he wanted too.

That said i'd much rather see Jones vs Cain (if he beats Cormier) than Jones vs Wiedman

Agree Weidman is a huge MW. But Jones is a huge LHW.

And the jump from MW to LHW is the 2nd biggest in MMA, aside from LHW to HW obv.

Though the HW division is probably the weakest in MMA, so I'd argue that the jump from MW to LHW is the hardest weight class jump in MMA.

Oh, NOW he wants to fight Weidman?

I'd like to believe him and all, but what did hot-mic Jones say?

What's the deal with people on here always calling for a fighter to move up or down a weight class? This isn't boxing where you can lose or gain 4 lbs. to change weight classes. I'd much rather see Jones continue to set the bar at LHW for future fighters.

Agree Weidman is a huge MW. But Jones is a huge LHW.

And the jump from MW to LHW is the 2nd biggest in MMA, aside from LHW to HW obv.

Though the HW division is probably the weakest in MMA, so I'd argue that the jump from MW to LHW is the hardest weight class jump in MMA.

the question is.

Size difference between Weidman and Jones is bigger than Jones and Cain?

Lol, these guys are always happy to fight the lower champ but are ultra hesitant to fight the upper champ

That's because they watched the UFCs first and only Battle of Champions

MMA site looking for clicks vs What he actually said:

5:05
[YT]ty_FEVuRXAE[/YT]

Reporter: For a while there a lot of people were talking about you going to HW and maybe a Super fight with Cain but it seems the LHW division has filled up with contenders, you have Alex, Glover, DC, Davis, Rumble, do you feel this division is going to keep you interested in staying at 205 for some time?

Jones: Yeah definitely I answered a question similar to that earlier today about possibly fighting Cain and I answered it I have no interest at this point there alot of great competition to test myself against. Glover being first on that agenda..., People are interested in rematches [Gustafsson], Phil Davis said he’s going to crumble me like a cookie. Lots of competition..

Lmao MMA fans are so easily played.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back